You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Uglesett

Post-buff Błyskawica, is she worth it?

92 comments in this topic

[KAKE]
Players
1,891 posts
4,326 battles

As the topic says: How is Błyskawica after the reload buff?

Considering picking her up for doubloons mostly just because I have nothing better to spend them or the coupon on, and it'd be nice to have a Pan-European ship available for occasional objectives.

[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles

The reload buff vs same tier ships helps but her concealment disadvantage and lack of outstanding gimmicks make her still weak compared to most of what she'll face. Uptiered Blyska is a real challenge. 

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
3,576 posts
9,221 battles
12 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

How is Błyskawica after the reload buff?

She seems okay to me, but there are other things I would pick before her in a similar role (Haida, especially)...

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
1,891 posts
4,326 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

She seems okay to me, but there are other things I would pick before her in a similar role (Haida, especially)...

Haida's a fun little lolibote, I already have her. She's not particularly European, though :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
2,436 posts
11,053 battles
23 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

The reload buff vs same tier ships helps but her concealment disadvantage and lack of outstanding gimmicks make her still weak compared to most of what she'll face. Uptiered Blyska is a real challenge.

Still good, though. She becomes a light cruiser when uptiered, but still a solid performer.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles

Well an Akatsuki can really trash her in a gun duel and Kagero can do that even better.

What does Blyska even have going for her except for the good fire chance? 

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
20,487 posts
12,546 battles

Blyska was always a good ship with a higher skill floor.

The reload improvement makes her a bit stronger, but not much easier to play.

As noted, her concealment makes her more difficult to play.

When you can play FR DD, you can play Bkyska. She is am ambush ship with the advantage of smoke to counter your mistakes or give you added offensive power during late game.

• Cool 4

[-TPF-]
Players
2,436 posts
11,053 battles
3 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Well an Akatsuki can really trash her in a gun duel and Kagero can do that even better.

What does Blyska even have going for her except for the good fire chance? 

Speed, strong broadside, fast reloading torps. If you try and take on the silly gimmick boats at Tiers VIII and above then you will come a cropper, - but what Tier VII doesn't? Played sensibly with a team rather than solo YOLO she's fine. 

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

Blyska was always a good ship with a higher skill floor.

The reload improvement makes her a bit stronger, but not much easier to play.

As noted, her concealment makes her more difficult to play.

When you can play FR DD, you can play Bkyska. She is am ambush ship with the advantage of smoke to counter your mistakes or give you added offensive power during late game.

Ambush? That thing gets spotted first almost always. It's not like a French DD at all Leningrad does fulfill that job much better being faster and having great guns on top. 

Smoke is just as standard as it can get. It has the same speed as Akatsuki while not packing the same punch with the guns. It's just bad compared to most other ships she will face. 

@invicta2012

Akatsuki has fast reloading Torps too and much better one's at that

[CATS]
Players
20,487 posts
12,546 battles
2 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Ambush? That thing gets spotted first almost always. It's not like a French DD at all Leningrad does fulfill that job much better being faster and having great guns on top. 

Smoke is just as standard as it can get. It has the same speed as Akatsuki while not packing the same punch with the guns. It's just bad compared to most other ships she will face. 

@invicta2012

Akatsuki has fast reloading Torps too and much better one's at that

FR DD have same problem and can still do it. It is all a matter of timing and cover.

When you appear from behind an island at 5km distance, your concealment disadvantage does not matter.

Leningrad has a lower alpha and a slightly lower DPM.

The IJN DD have slightly higher alpha than Blyska, but have trouble to use that because of the slow turrets. They get then beaten by DPM.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles
Gerade eben, ColonelPete sagte:

FR DD have same problem and can still do it. It is all a matter of timing and cover.

When you appear from behind an island at 5km distance, your concealment disadvantage does not matter.

Leningrad has a lower alpha and a slightly lower DPM.

The IJN DD have slightly higher alpha than Blyska, but have trouble to use that because of the slow turrets. They get then beaten by DPM.

You need to really play well for her to work. You can't cap contest to well. Ambushes are limited to the unawareness of the enemy team. 

You get spotted and shot first by Akatsuki negating DPM and health advantages (DPM advantage is miniscule btw). 

There is literally no advantage in playing her. Even a Shiratsuyu is damn scary because of even greater concealment gap. 

[CATS]
Players
20,487 posts
12,546 battles
1 minute ago, Yoshanai said:

You need to really play well for her to work. You can't cap contest to well. Ambushes are limited to the unawareness of the enemy team. 

You get spotted and shot first by Akatsuki negating DPM and health advantages (DPM advantage is miniscule btw). 

There is literally no advantage in playing her. Even a Shiratsuyu is damn scary because of even greater concealment gap. 

That is how ambushes work...

The DPM advantage is over 9000 to Kagero and over 15000 to Akatsuki

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles
Gerade eben, ColonelPete sagte:

That is how ambushes work...

The DPM advantage is over 9000 to Kagero and over 15000 to Akatsuki

LOL. 

So you are proving my point by limiting her strengths to a certain scenario while the ships I mentioned don't need any special circumstances to excel. 

DPM advantage is negated because the ship spotting her has the first shot advantage. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,891 posts
4,326 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The DPM advantage is over 9000...

*snerk*

[KAKE]
Players
1,891 posts
4,326 battles
5 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Get the Leningrad instead.

Probably nice bote, but between tech tree ships, Murmansk, Kronshtadt and Smolensk I think I have enough Russian boats to get through most faction-specific missions WG would consider throwing my way.

[CATS]
Players
20,487 posts
12,546 battles
4 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

LOL. 

So you are proving my point by limiting her strengths to a certain scenario while the ships I mentioned don't need any special circumstances to excel. 

DPM advantage is negated because the ship spotting her has the first shot advantage. 

She is not limited to that.

All DD need special circumstances. 

DPM is not used exclusivly vs DD. And as I said, played well, the other DD do not get the first shot...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,576 posts
9,221 battles
43 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

She's not particularly European, though :Smile_hiding:

Indubitably! If you're after something to tick the 'European' box, Blysk is great fun.

My only real whinge with Blysk (at least until recently) was the usual one about single-ship nations and captains; she gets a lot nicer to play when you hit ten points (obviously) and beyond...

[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

She is not limited to that.

All DD need special circumstances. 

DPM is not used exclusivly vs DD. And as I said, played well, the other DD do not get the first shot...

Yeah you go play well hidden around that island waiting for a ship you can ambush while i go around in open water in my Akatsuki torping your team and capping. Great play 10/10 would play again. 

[KAKE]
Players
1,891 posts
4,326 battles

Just to clarify, I'm not necessarily after the most OP premiums available. I'm mostly just wondering if she's worth while having around as T7 DDs go. I don't have any problems playing the occasional mehbote, as long as she's got enough strengths to not feel utterly useless.

[CATS]
Players
20,487 posts
12,546 battles
1 minute ago, Yoshanai said:

Yeah you go play well hidden around that island waiting for a ship you can ambush while i go around in open water in my Akatsuki torping your team and capping. Great play 10/10 would play again. 

Maybe you should take another look at some caps.

Most are surrounded by islands...

[THESO]
Players
2,216 posts
7,696 battles
Gerade eben, Uglesett sagte:

Just to clarify, I'm not necessarily after the most OP premiums available. I'm mostly just wondering if she's worth while having around as T7 DDs go. I don't have any problems playing the occasional mehbote, as long as she's got enough strengths to not feel utterly useless.

She is not utterly useless and you will always win engagements with her if you are a better captain than the other DD because she is doing well all around except for concealment. 

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,891 posts
4,326 battles
10 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

My only real whinge with Blysk (at least until recently) was the usual one about single-ship nations and captains; she gets a lot nicer to play when you hit ten points (obviously) and beyond...

Yeah, I figured as much (also one of the reasons why I could never be arsed to get the Julio), but i figure shoving elite captain exp into getting a ten pointer at least isn't going to bankrupt me.

• Cool 1