Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

The Raid for the Filth Begins!

26 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
301 battles

What a piece of garbage mode. Played one game, was put against a division from the same clan, all with tier X ships while everyone else was tier IX. Then tried one more that I couldn't even go deliver since BB bots appeared one after another in the middle. Worst mode ever.

• Cool 1

Players
56 posts

Honestly, this is the least interesting mode of them all, the two tiers is eh, gameplay is repetitive and kinda lame,the rewards are boring, expected so much more...

[-RDE-]
Players
73 posts
11,822 battles

I have only played one game so far but we didn't see any enemy ships, we were spawned so far away from each other, so we just sank AI ships and got a good enough filth harvest. And Rasputin was right over the other side of the map from us, no chance to reach him.

Suggested Strategy 

The three teams should make a non-aggression pact at the start, not fire at each other, and harvest AI ships and then all make it through the portal safely.

• Cool 2

Players
4,728 posts
9,587 battles

Thus far, I'm not disliking it as much as I thought I would.

The map is similar in style to the sub halloween ops we had last year. What I don't like, is the gamble aspect.

I got the tier 8 permacamo at the 3rd, but what if it takes 18? And 500 is not so bad, but 8k is quite a lot.

I was never as much of a PvP guy as a PvE guy, my favorite activity is playing DD thus far. But the single time I tried BB, I liked how tanky they are.

4 hours ago, Parkerzilla said:

I have only played one game so far but we didn't see any enemy ships, we were spawned so far away from each other, so we just sank AI ships and got a good enough filth harvest. And Rasputin was right over the other side of the map from us, no chance to reach him.

Suggested Strategy 

The three teams should make a non-aggression pact at the start, not fire at each other, and harvest AI ships and then all make it through the portal safely.

It's too bad most don't honor a non-agression pact, but some definitely will (good thing too).

[SRW]
Players
650 posts
5,199 battles

Wondering who came up with the prices (filth) for the bundles for getting a perma camo...

Getting a T8 perma camo is even cheap (not complaining) at 500 per crate. Compare that to the T10 perma camo where ONE bundle costs 8000. That's "only" 16x more.

Seems like WG wants only T10 in the game. Screw the lower tiers, they are irrelevant. CB? T10. Ranked? T10. Special camos? T10. Best rewards (like super containers in the last update)? T10.

I'm sure new players are loving it.

:cap_fainting:

[-NFG-]
Beta Tester
28 posts
4,261 battles

What refund is for buy bundle TX halloween camo + commander for 8k in halloween armoury section, if earlier I get only camo in the ship customization section for same doublons price without commander?

[GS-RO]
Players
9 posts
3,273 battles

So i played until enough XP to get Scorpioid and guess what i have to get a slot with 300 doubloons to get that ship......lol, really i have to spend doubloons for the lottery?!

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,829 posts
12,654 battles
12 hours ago, Flo_HF said:

What refund is for buy bundle TX halloween camo + commander for 8k in halloween armoury section, if earlier I get only camo in the ship customization section for same doublons price without commander?

You get the dubloon value back (so you pay 8k dubloons, get 8k dubloons) and in case you bought it in the exterior tab first, you will get the commander on top from the Armory offer :Smile_honoring:

12 hours ago, Raclos said:

So i played until enough XP to get Scorpioid and guess what i have to get a slot with 300 doubloons to get that ship......lol, really i have to spend doubloons for the lottery?!

That is only the case if you don't have any unoccupied port slot - but I'm checking what we can do about this specific case.

14 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Thus far, I'm not disliking it as much as I thought I would.

The map is similar in style to the sub halloween ops we had last year. What I don't like, is the gamble aspect.

I got the tier 8 permacamo at the 3rd, but what if it takes 18? And 500 is not so bad, but 8k is quite a lot.

I was never as much of a PvP guy as a PvE guy, my favorite activity is playing DD thus far. But the single time I tried BB, I liked how tanky they are.

Happy to hear that you enjoy it - for the rewards you decide how much time you want to spend on it and you'll always see what the next random bundle contains. BBs are amazing in this mode with the amount of tanking and damage dealing you can do. A truce is for the weak, I personally love to grab other division's filth - the best filth you can get out there :cap_haloween:

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2

[_KAP_]
Players
46 posts
16,098 battles
5 hours ago, Crysantos said:

That is only the case if you don't have any unoccupied port slot - but I'm checking what we can do about this specific case.

Same here. All port slots are occupied. Even considered to sell some low-tier ships. :cap_hmm: Didn`t do it though.

[SRW]
Players
650 posts
5,199 battles
21 hours ago, Crysantos said:

. A truce is for the weak, I personally love to grab other division's filth - the best filth you can get out there :cap_haloween:

A truce is for the smart. 

You don't like it because it's not the way WG designed it and by truce each players collect more filth which is not what you want.

Also, looking at today's stream, seems like you prefer to sink and let others grab your filth.

• Cool 2

[BERKS]
Players
3 posts
157 battles

My friend just started to play this WoWS game. And I was suprised that thi Halloween special is not for beginners. There should be information  how many battles or in what level one has to be in order to join Halloween festifals. Totally discriminating thing that beginners are not allowed to join this Halloween extra. 

Totally ship behaviour from WG side. I do not recommend WG games to anybody.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,749 posts
9 minutes ago, Dornica said:

There should be information  how many battles or in what level one has to be in order to join Halloween festifals.

There is, if you don't ignore the article to the special...

10 minutes ago, Dornica said:

Totally discriminating thing that beginners are not allowed to join this Halloween extra.

no...but players joining the event should have at least a tiny bit of experience how wows works..

and btw the level to enter the special is extremly low...

• Cool 1

Players
65 posts
1,786 battles
On 10/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, Iobag_in_turela said:

What a piece of garbage mode. Played one game, was put against a division from the same clan, all with tier X ships while everyone else was tier IX. Then tried one more that I couldn't even go deliver since BB bots appeared one after another in the middle. Worst mode ever.

Perhaps, you should have observed how the bot ships appear, then you would see the pattern and be able to escape with the filth.

Then again with less then 300 battles fought, one can't really expect you to be too knowledgable on the game.

Alas, this is actually a...well, not too entertaining game mode, but it IS great to get free loot...not to mention farming commander XP, credits, signals, coal and even progress with some missions in the Italian directives. Free premium time is also a nice touch.

Players
4,728 posts
9,587 battles
11 hours ago, Palubarac said:

A truce is for the smart. 

Truces are smart as everybody gets more loot and less people end up with wasted time.

People who camp at the exit are usually less skilled so my team had to dispatch of a couple campers several times.

And truce or not, keep your guns pointed at their weakest party member, just in case :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
33 posts
5,132 battles

To get TierX camo, if you're not lucky enough to open it in first containers, considering that in average you and your team extract 1000 filth, you need 192 battles (24 * 8000 / 1000). Time-wise, if average battle is 10 minutes, you need: 192 * 10 / 60 = 32 hours of continuous gameplay.

A gift of "no life" for 32 hours from WG to all WoWs fans in celebration of Halloween :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,749 posts
1 minute ago, arkashiks said:

considering that in average you and your team extract 1000 filth,

which is of course not achieveable as normal player with random teams

2 minutes ago, arkashiks said:

32 hours of continuous gameplay.

spread over 4 weeks...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
33 posts
5,132 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

spread over 4 weeks... 

right you are here (c) Master Yoda

...but still, 32 hours of "no life" as a gift from WG))

[SRW]
Players
650 posts
5,199 battles

Well, you can always buy the camos straight with doubloons. Or buy pumpkins (2018 version, LOL) for real money.

It's a proven WG business model - make the events almost impossible to complete the normal way to lure the players into spending money in order to obtain the rewards.

• Cool 2

Players
6 posts

LOVE THIS GAME MODE, CAN PLAY IT ALL DAY !!!! well-done WoWS!

You guys really need to incorporate more of this in your main gameplay, but realistic of course where one could maybe have harbors and resources like coal to play with...really refreshing thx! 

• Cool 1

Players
10 posts
12,078 battles

Raid for filth is useless game mode.  You spend playing 20 min. only to salvage 100 filth.  Do you know how many time I need to salvage 100 filth to earn 8.000?  Figure it out!  It is not worth playing.  Human adversaries are worst than AI, they get smart and just wait in front of the portal to sink you.  You need at least 3 portals in order for decent player to save his filth.

Best, Tomislav

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
471 posts
On 10/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, Iobag_in_turela said:

The mode is not bad. the problem as usual are the Players. Or should I say the NOOB players. 

Consider this: you collect filth that you can trade for valuable resources. Silver, Coal Signals. etc. Without paying a penny! I think this is a great opportunity. 

Problem : 3 teams DO NOT have to fight against each other. As a matter of fact fighting other reapresent a risk for no extra gain, On the contrary you can lose all your filth. 

This is what many struglle to understand : So far I had 50% of the game with clever people: we even disabled secondary to avoid unintentional damage. 

Rest was a strrugle with bots and "human" bots.

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
4 posts

same experience, rasputin travel with 4 dds from NE to NW then to teleport, 2 battles humans ambush me on teleport, most times human shoot and kill you after bots was damages your ship 10-90 %, filth trade is good idea, other things not so good and too much filth to best things, i used all 400 filth things, then things get difficult

[_VI_]
Players
12 posts
3,223 battles
On 10/31/2019 at 1:21 PM, Crysantos said:

You get the dubloon value back (so you pay 8k dubloons, get 8k dubloons) and in case you bought it in the exterior tab first, you will get the commander on top from the Armory offer :Smile_honoring:

Happy to hear that you enjoy it - for the rewards you decide how much time you want to spend on it and you'll always see what the next random bundle contains. BBs are amazing in this mode with the amount of tanking and damage dealing you can do. A truce is for the weak, I personally love to grab other division's filth - the best filth you can get out there :cap_haloween:

Greetings, Crysantos

Yeah , ok, truce is for the weak, but then who had this retarded idea to put 3x random people in tier IX, versus divisions of 3 x tier X from the same clan, playing on TS?
And also, having to buy slots if you dont have free one. You cant even remove the tier IX from which you researched, because everyone assume that once you got the tier X, you wont be playing the tier IX....

Sign in to follow this