Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

obvoius money grab in terms of hallloweeen caps.

19 comments in this topic

[COMFY]
Players
596 posts
1,512 battles

In past halloween events you could take halloween captains from other ships and move them around. Now it is not possible, so if you want to try a different build you need to toss monies at them, as shown(all halloween captains are greyed out, and it says that "you cannot use captains of a different nation" when you hover over them)

20191029110806_1.thumb.jpg.2a35e8278d40262d9b71499194f90887.jpg

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
6,838 posts
7,611 battles

giphy.gif

I would have tried that myself (maybe) if i would have played it more often :cap_fainting:

Players
787 posts
14,903 battles
1 minute ago, howardxu_23 said:

In past halloween events you could take halloween captains from other ships and move them around.

Could you? I don't remember that  :Smile_amazed:

[CAIN]
Players
3,418 posts
12,638 battles

Not sure why your repecc costs doubloons, cause i respecced my captains two or three times now and it was always free.

[COMFY]
Players
596 posts
1,512 battles

1 minute ago, quickr said:

I clearly remebered screweing up and taking JoaT, then immediatly decided that AR is better. simply put the "wrong" cap into gulag and used one from the T3 DD.

• Cool 2

[COMFY]
Players
596 posts
1,512 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Not sure why your repecc costs doubloons, cause i respecced my captains two or three times now and it was always free.

you prob used captain XP, i just have it set to doubs as default.(and I have aready used all of my cap xp to reconfigure other caps, so I know what they are for)

[CAIN]
Players
3,418 posts
12,638 battles
6 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

you prob used captain XP, i just have it set to doubs as default.(and I have aready used all of my cap xp to reconfigure other caps, so I know what they are for)

Nope. I pushed two of my captains to 19 Points, so i had only 30k remaining. 

And i have a total of 200 doubloons, so respeccing a a 19 pointer would in any case not be possible if it weren't free. 

I'd like to add, that the doubloon button was greyed out, need to check this evening if it's still the case.

@MrConway and @Crysantos and @Tuccy , has something changed from last week? Cause that would be a bummer for the upcoming filth OPS and the fact that i wanted to play Halloween OPS on my stream. 

I don't feel like spending 450 doubloons to each time i respecc my filth collectors, just to finda a build that works for me.

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
401 posts
7,690 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

And i have a total of 200 doubloons, so respeccing a a 19 pointer would in any case not be possible if it weren't free. 

@MrConway and @Crysantos , has something changed from last week? Cause that would be a bummer for the upcoming filth OPS and the fact that i wanted to play Halloween OPS on my stream. 

Played CBs? First game gives you free Captain respeccs... 

• Cool 4

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

@MrConway and @Crysantos , has something changed from last week? Cause that would be a bummer for the upcoming filth OPS and the fact that i wanted to play Halloween OPS on my stream. 

It's a CB respec. I think it is connected to that.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,418 posts
12,638 battles
5 minutes ago, Namuras said:

Played CBs? First game gives you free Captain respeccs... 

5 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

It's a CB respec. I think it is connected to that.

Nope. It only affects the Halloween ships and we're only 3 people in the clan, so no CBs.

Can you switch from randoms battle to OPS and see if it greys out the doubloon button? 

• Cool 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,730 posts
20,994 battles
23 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Nope. It only affects the Halloween ships and we're only 3 people in the clan, so no CBs. 

You could play CW with less than a full team and lose, and I think you ll still get the free respecc. 

Players
4,759 posts
8,452 battles
53 minutes ago, quickr said:

You 100% could because I did that before.

[CR33D]
Players
1,942 posts
21,492 battles

I don't think you ever could change captain of Halloween ship as they are all specifically connected to their ships. On some others events tho you could but not on Halloween. What was possible when first time it was introduced is to get a free respec but this was later removed.  

[POP]
Players
460 posts
9,748 battles
11 minutes ago, fumtu said:

I don't think you ever could change captain of Halloween ship as they are all specifically connected to their ships.

Nope. I transferred halloween captains between ships aswell. Or used to transfer.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,418 posts
12,638 battles

My guess is, that it's 'free' as long you're in OPS mode and not randoms.

Unless one of the posters above is right and they corrected their mistake in the past few days.

Players
50 posts
8 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Not sure why it isn't for free anyways, since it's á temp event to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

My guess is, that it's 'free' as long you're in OPS mode and not randoms.

Unless one of the posters above is right and they corrected their mistake in the past few days.

Just checked.   No matter the mode selected,  cannot change commanders and respecing costs 25 Doubloons or 10,000 XP per skill point.  

I think that OP's title nailed the reasons.

• Cool 2

Players
154 posts
7,221 battles
3 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

In past halloween events you could take halloween captains from other ships and move them around. Now it is not possible, so if you want to try a different build you need to toss monies at them, as shown(all halloween captains are greyed out, and it says that "you cannot use captains of a different nation" when you hover over them)

20191029110806_1.thumb.jpg.2a35e8278d40262d9b71499194f90887.jpg

You have picture for the captain? I don't have pictures. Why? Do you buy the pictures? 

Players
154 posts
7,221 battles
3 hours ago, LoveYouTooBuddy said:

You have picture for the captain? I don't have pictures. Why? Do you buy the pictures? 

I just see Event Commander...

shot-19_10.29_20_21.59-0734.thumb.jpg.d3df6d2369e2e16353c0fc23e8b6ea99.jpg

shot-19_10.29_20_24.18-0802.thumb.jpg.de43d98b9b74661fb56be454e014c1b1.jpg

Edit: It's from Additional Content :Smile_facepalm:

Sign in to follow this