You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Chaos_Umbra

Daring Model changed...

18 comments in this topic

Players
613 posts
10,053 battles

Was just looking at the Daring and noticed that part of the model had been changed and it wasn't done very well either. The Squid Mortar at the stern had been removed along with the rails but the shadow of said missing objects was still in place, see below;

20191028234132_1.thumb.jpg.77107b553f88ffa73a159fa97e3c884b.jpg

Was this removed cause of the WIP submarines as the current version DD only use depth charges and not other ASW equipment and if so why remove it from the model just don't make it functional? :Smile_amazed:

Players
507 posts
5,039 battles
16 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Can you circle the artifact? I can't see sh*t.

Depth charges are floating in the air?

[TAYTO]
Players
669 posts
7,802 battles
2 minutes ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Depth charges are floating in the air?

No, they are not.

I know is the rectangular shadow and the rails.

Players
831 posts
15,714 battles

Wow that's weird, why remove the squid launcher?

I had a look on mine and its missing too, perhaps its just a bug on WGs end (I confess to knowing very little about the technical side of how the game operates) as it seems rather pointless to remove the Squid launcher, seeing as the Russian ships still have them on their models. 

squid.PNG

Players
2,567 posts
15,503 battles

More likely a missing model asset or it's incorrectly rendering. Happens all the time.

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
576 posts
11,299 battles

It's not just Daring. Grozovoi is the the same. Lost it's launchers/mortars on the aft and replaced by barrels only. 

[SM0KE]
Players
3,536 posts
9,182 battles
8 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Was this removed cause of the WIP submarines

This, most likely. I imagine WG are trying to pre-empt the "my ship mounts ASW rockets in the pictures, why can't I use them?" type stuff that would inevitably appear...

[DAVY]
Players
2,003 posts
10,880 battles

nah, it's because of the subs, they were too powerful vs subs, so they stealth nerfed them now :Smile-_tongue:

[POP]
Players
452 posts
9,739 battles
1 hour ago, lovelacebeer said:

seems rather pointless to remove the Squid launcher, seeing as the Russian ships still have them on their models.

Russians need their OP gimmick against subs. Balans komrad

• Funny 4

Players
96 posts
1,325 battles
39 minutes ago, Altsak said:

Russians need their OP gimmick against subs. Balans komrad

The sad part is that this is probably the truth. FILTHY LIES SPREAD BY ANTI PARTY SUBVERTS - MOSCOW WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT NO RUSSIAN SHIP IS CURRENTLY OP AND ALL ARE PERFECTLY BALANCED - NOW GULAG AWAITS 'KOMRAD'!

• Funny 4

Players
613 posts
10,053 battles

This is the original Model for when the line was released as you can see the Squid mortar is clearly fitted with a rail.

2019-10-29.thumb.png.f7ffcb592d8288253cd0783b5c6da885.png

[CR-S]
Players
563 posts

For now we have only depth charges for ASW. The squid and other late-war systems (homing asw-torps etc) may* be too strong vs subs and get (temporarily) removed, like jets got removed from CVs.

Players
831 posts
15,714 battles

Seems rather pointless to remove the squid launcher though, it's not as though WG have gone into the level of detail of making squid a unique ASW weapon. 

[MORIA]
Players
263 posts
30,312 battles

Funny to see the items mentioned have been removed in game but are still very much visible in the 3D models that can be found in the Wiki pages. WG Black Ops failure

Players
613 posts
10,053 battles
54 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

For now we have only depth charges for ASW. The squid and other late-war systems (homing asw-torps etc) may* be too strong vs subs and get (temporarily) removed, like jets got removed from CVs.

22 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Maybe this is a upcoming buff, upgrade to better versions of them when the subs hit the game

But what was the point of removing them from the model, they didn't do anything anyway, and even if they were going to make them animated for ASW there is no reason to remove them in the meantime?

Just a really odd thing to do especially as you can see where they were cause the textures on the deck show something was there and it makes the models less accurate, there was a reason they were there cause they were IRL.

[BBMM]
Players
4,239 posts
4,814 battles
55 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Seems rather pointless to remove the squid launcher though, it's not as though WG have gone into the level of detail of making squid a unique ASW weapon. 

Note that they did add the barrel-throwers. They weren't there before.

For sure this is about the submarine-thing. I wonder when we get this:

BTW caught a pic of the Russian depthcharges just being shipped:

Spoiler

shipment_russia.gif.a11eaca0b32aa13317e03a13532d8c23.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4