Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FirstSeaLordTeapot

Can I disable chat?

16 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
258 battles

I posted this in Q&A but then saw it's not a very active area so I apologise for the double posting.

Hi all, sorry to make my first post in this light; but is there a way to turn off the in-game caht or blacklist everyone?

I've only been playing a few weeks with friends and I'm sick of this toxic immature player-base. Just a bunch of dead keyboard warriors telling you how you're an idiot because you don't charge in like they did.

I literally just got yelled at for setting an ambush up in a Fiji for a Bayern and killing it instead of charging round the corner at it and getting my face citadel'd. -.-

It just takes all the fun out of it, I ended up throwing the match that was already won just to get the guy to stfu.

This kind of childish toxicity, which goes on all day everyday, funnily enough has nothing to do with why I, an old fasioned 30-something plays games .

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,677 posts
2 minutes ago, FirstSeaLordTeapot said:

but is there a way to turn off the in-game caht or blacklist everyone?

maybe you want to have a look into the ingame settings?

[CAIN]
Players
3,393 posts
12,632 battles

Hm, there are occasionally some toxic players, but you make it sound like ALL players are toxic, which is not the case. 

To answer your question, yes you can disable chat in the options. 

But no, you shouldn't. people who disable chat in an ONLINE MULTI PLAYER game deserve every report. 

• Cool 4

Players
3 posts
258 battles

Omg sorry bud, I'm such an idiot (for real this time). I honestly looked twice and didn't even see it hiding down there.

Cheers.

Jethro, I've ran into maybe 4 or 5 people in all my matches that are pleasant and respectful. So "tough" basically lol, the level of toxicity is not something I'm willing to put up with. "Report" me all you want for using an option the devs built in.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[I-J-N]
Players
1,808 posts

Uhm.. will the team mates actually know if someone has disabled the chat so they can factor that in.. or... will they have to assume someone who pays no attention to it is like that pointy sharp bit on a rose?

• Cool 2

Players
30 posts

They do not know, but it is as if you were not English speaker, so you can communicate by b keys and f1 to f12 keys.

[WTFNO]
Players
444 posts
7,684 battles
49 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Hm, there are occasionally some toxic players, but you make it sound like ALL players are toxic, which is not the case. 

But no, you shouldn't. people who disable chat in an ONLINE MULTI PLAYER game deserve every report. 

While I agree with the general principle, the sad reality is that most chat messages are utter garbage (of course, your mileage may vary).

However, disabling the general chat should leave the div chan open.

Players
30 posts
54 minutos antes, Jethro_Grey dijo:

So if you  do not speak English or whatever it is spoken in the chat?

[GURKA]
Players
3,868 posts
8,884 battles
58 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I would assume, that there are more toxic and useless comments than any useful comments. And here is the point, you would report players, who want play the game and focus on the match instead of being bothered by toxic players.

Toxic players can tilt players, thus they would even play worse.

Players
1,426 posts
1 hour ago, FirstSeaLordTeapot said:

I posted this in Q&A but then saw it's not a very active area so I apologise for the double posting.

*disclaimer* this is not meant to bash you, just constructive criticism *disclaimer*

I took a look at your stats and you're going up the tiers way too fast. You are yet too inexperienced to pull your own weight at tier six and above. Making you a liability to your team instead of an asset. 

Players recognize this and will tell you (granted, in toxic ways...) that you are bad. You aren't. But you are just too inexperienced to be able to do useful things at tier 6 and above. That's certainly nothing to be ashamed of when you're a new player. But it kinda explains the toxicity you're experiencing. Because those players have to play with you on their team and with you in a leander/Fiji in your team you're already 1-0 down. 

Again, not to talk you down. But they kinda have a point. Albeit they convey that point in a wrong way. 

My advice would be to step it down in tiers. Grind multiple lines to tier 5 to built some experience. 

Greetings! o7

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
4,215 posts
17,280 battles
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

As long as there is the stupid option to get a chatban for stating facts (= this team is an utterly idi***c bunch of ********! ) disabling the chat is a must have feature and I have used it to avoid telling other players what I think of their in game actions.

And, to be honest,  the amount of valuable entries in the chat during the more than 10,000 battles I've played could be counted by using the fingers of one hand only...

Players
4,729 posts
8,441 battles

Its so sad to see, that one of the key functions of a teambased game can be disabled.

And I wonder how thin skinned you have to be, that something like a game chat gets to you. I will never ever disable the ingame chat and I will forever try to communicate in a constructive way with my teammates. I will also forever call every i**** an i****, no matter how often ill get a chat ban for that. suck it up buttercups.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,393 posts
12,632 battles
17 minutes ago, bEtHeNs said:

This is the best thing they have implemented since….. Fill the gap in English with your own words.

Spread shiets? 

Also, i‘ll Be using the words everybody else is using, since haven’t had the time to create my own. Although a few prototypes exist. 

Gargle umchun wargle, Missa zuirtankula nifti. ^^

• Funny 2

[THESO]
831 posts
7,182 battles

Hello,

please do note create duplicate threads as it is against the forum rules. Your post in QnA was answered as well.

Kind regards,

Minia