Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TohtoriP

The best use of doubloons?

11 comments in this topic

Question

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
242 posts
5,220 battles

Doubloons have been accumulating to my account for a while now. I am thinking of using them somehow or if there is no good enough use I will keep on accumulating them.

However what have you found to be the most effective way to use doubloons? Do you buy premium time with it? Do you buy premium ships? Do you use them to buy port slots when on sale? Do you use them to demount equipment when selling unwanted ships? Do you use it to convert XP?

Or is it best used to buy tier10 premium camos for 5000 doubloons?

And is doubloons devalued now as a currency since there is coal and steel and very strong coal and steel ships available?

10 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
20,493 posts
12,548 battles
  • Port Slots on Discount (when you need some)
  • Dismounting Upgrades (selling these loses you a lot of silver)
  • premium time
  • premium ships

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles

Changing names.

Nah, more serious... It depends on what you already got. If you don't have premium time, then that is the best usually. If you already got that, ship slots and ships are next. Dismounting upgrades or such may seem useful, but frankly, it is better to invest into the income side than the cost side. And modules you can get for credits, slots and premium ships only for doubloons. Except legendary modules, which you shouldn't switch around much, because you need to invest 25 doubs to get rid of them again without being unable to reobtain them.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,380 posts
8,057 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Port Slots on Discount (when you need some)
  • Dismounting Upgrades (selling these loses you a lot of silver)
  • premium time
  • premium ships
  • buying Premium Camo for your most loved ships

842 posts
7,193 battles

Hello,

Everyone's uses for doubloons will be different. Me personally I only spend doubloons really on premium time or demounting special upgrades. Occasionally I will spend them on premium ships in the armoury but otherwise I've found very little use for doubloons. However you can use them to re-supply flags or purchase permanent camo for your favourite ships or buying premium containers, though I wouldn't recommend it...

Regards,

Minia

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
242 posts
5,220 battles

Thanks for the general answers so far!

The situation is that I have a lot of premium ships already. So I really don´t need more of them however there is one ship I secretly desire and it´s the Prinz Eugen. It comes with a hefty doubloon price and frankly I don´t know if it is really worth it and besides I don´t have that kind of amount yet anyway.

I have purchased with doubloons a long time ago the permacamo for the Zao. I think it has been worth it since for a non-premium player tier 10 service costs are very steep and tier 10 permacamo helps to cut them in half and give nice credit boost too. I also have the Salem and have enough coal to purchase another tier 10 premium if need be so I don´t think I need more tier 10 permacamos for now.

Premium time is an option but I seldom can play so much during a 24-hour period that it would seem to be worth it. Also there are usually tokens in the arsenal that can be used for premium days when the opportunity arises. Also demounting equipment might be a valid choice credits wise but I have been keeping a tight budget and with powerful premium ships nowadays at my disposal I am currently having tens of millions so I´d rather use the doubloons for more special items.

One thing I am running out of constantly though is port slots. Probably it will be the best choice and I will purchase a bunch of them when the next proper discount for them comes.

842 posts
7,193 battles
On 10/30/2019 at 11:22 AM, TohtoriP said:

One thing I am running out of constantly though is port slots. Probably it will be the best choice and I will purchase a bunch of them when the next proper discount for them comes.

I remember getting a lot of my port slots in containers, they at least used to dropped perhaps not regularly but I wouldn't say they were any uncommon. Now that I think about it I haven't seen any dropped in ages.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
242 posts
5,220 battles
2 hours ago, CptMinia said:

I remember getting a lot of my port slots in containers, they at least used to dropped perhaps not regularly but I wouldn't say they were any uncommon. Now that I think about it I haven't seen any dropped in ages.

I checked wiki and there it was said port slots "rarely" drop from all containers except Resources containers. I have been picking only resources containers due to coal but now I have picked only consumables containers to try to score a port slot. However I am not sure if it worth it comparing to getting that coal. Maybe better just to use those doubloons...

842 posts
7,193 battles
1 hour ago, TohtoriP said:

I checked wiki and there it was said port slots "rarely" drop from all containers except Resources containers. I have been picking only resources containers due to coal but now I have picked only consumables containers to try to score a port slot. However I am not sure if it worth it comparing to getting that coal. Maybe better just to use those doubloons...

Container drops have changed a lot, I used to see port slots somewhat regularly but that was around 2-3 years ago. I'm not sure whether the wiki has been updated either, if you absolutely need port slots though then exchange them for doubloons. If you are in no rush, chances are they'll be on sale at some point in December for christmas events.

[INTRO]
Players
643 posts
12,583 battles

*Retrain captains

*Demount upgrades

*Premium ships

*Premium time

*Portslots (on discount)

Sign in to follow this