You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captn_Crap

Suggestion: Increase secondary range of cruisers...

30 comments in this topic

[ENUF]
Beta Tester
189 posts
12,982 battles

... for fun-build reasons. 

Right now all secondary skills and modules are only viable for a few BBs. Seems like a waste to me.

i would suggest following base ranges:

T6: 5 km

T7: 5,5 km

T8: 6 km

T9: 6,5 km

T10: 7 km

In the end secondaries will still be useless but at least we get some fireworks and fun-builds.

Oh and give Kiev and Haida a secondary module.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

[SV]
Players
224 posts
7,653 battles

waiting for tier 9 siegfried free xp german cruiser, you can spec it to have 11.3 secondary range (if they wont change anything before release) :cap_rambo:

• Cool 6

[CAIN]
Players
3,383 posts
12,632 battles

I'd rather see secondary range buffed on DDs. 

I have a dream, to pound BBs with secondaries and get the CQE in a IJN DD and ask BB drivers: '...how do you like them apples?' 

Give DDs 9km secondaries as base range, then it's payback time! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[ENUF]
Beta Tester
189 posts
12,982 battles
5 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I'd rather see secondary range buffed on DDs. 

I have a dream, to pound BBs with secondaries and get the CQE in a IJN DD and ask BB drivers: '...how do you like them apples?' 

Give DDs 9km secondaries as base range, then it's payback time! :Smile_izmena:

Isn't Umikaze the only IJN DD with secondaries?

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
565 posts
11,232 battles

While we're on the subject: Secondary subs, people. 

Secondary subs. 

Make it happen. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

[CAIN]
Players
3,383 posts
12,632 battles
14 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

IIRC, yes. But Umikaze should get special MM...the good ol' times, when you could fail div with a TX in a Umikaze use the 'death by a thousand cuts' tactic to pi** off BBs... :cap_book:

6 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

While we're on the subject: Secondary subs, people. 

Secondary subs. 

Make it happen. :Smile_trollface:

We all know how this would end. 

All nations get one or two 50-75mm guns, while the russians get a Smolensk bolted to the hull.

Because someone sneezed into a napkin and now 50 years later, someone else, doing a Rorschach test, interpreted what he saw in thet napkin as a Sub with a Smolensk bolted to it. 

• Funny 5

[COR3]
Players
1,017 posts
11,608 battles
21 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

Kievs 76mm Secondary ftw...

[ENUF]
Beta Tester
189 posts
12,982 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Kievs 76mm Secondary ftw...

*2 × 85 mm

[HOO]
Players
1,622 posts
3,165 battles
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

All nations get one or two 50-75mm guns, while the russians get a Smolensk bolted to the hull.

Because someone sneezed into a napkin and now 50 years later, someone else, doing a Rorschach test, interpreted what he saw in thet napkin as a Sub with a Smolensk bolted to it. 

No comrade,

One Smolensk bolted to each side.

If American Capitalist pigs can have Massachusetts BB with an Atlanta strapped to each side, then we can have something similar ....

Oh God what a terrible thought, A Vlad with a Smolensk of secondaries strapped to each side. I think I've just announced a new RU 2ndry BB. :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 3

[ORM]
Players
106 posts
2,391 battles

if you want fireworks, introduce french pre dreadnoughts with all of their secondary, tertiary, quarternary, quinary and even senary batteries active !!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,383 posts
12,632 battles
3 minutes ago, tinvek said:

if you want fireworks, introduce french pre dreadnoughts with all of their secondary, tertiary, quarternary, quinary and even senary batteries active !!

That'd be ...awesome...i guess? 

With ranges of 7, 5, 3, 1 and 0,5km... ^^

Players
4,508 posts
245 battles
30 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

No comrade,

One Smolensk bolted to each side.

If American Capitalist pigs can have Massachusetts BB with an Atlanta strapped to each side, then we can have something similar ....

Oh God what a terrible thought, A Vlad with a Smolensk of secondaries strapped to each side. I think I've just announced a new RU 2ndry BB. :Smile_amazed:

Jean bart style 482mm 3x4 guns with a smolensk and taschkent stuck on to each side and with min range of 10km.

balans!

• Funny 1

Players
2,179 posts
13,084 battles

WG: gave BB (Torpitz) torpedoes  

Players: *rushes smoke to torp DDs*

Thought experiment:

WG: Buffing cruiser secondaries

Players: *shows full broadside for secondaries and rushes BBs to brawl*

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,500 posts
6,728 battles
3 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Jean bart style 482mm 3x4 guns with a smolensk and taschkent stuck on to each side and with min range of 10km.

balans!

Soo, umm.... when is it comming out again? 

:cap_money:

:Smile_trollface:

[HOO]
Players
1,622 posts
3,165 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

balans!

Spreadsheet says it works !

Ypa!!! break out the vodka and get ready for Roubles to flow in !!!!!

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[BABBY]
Players
499 posts
8,995 battles
1 hour ago, tinvek said:

Haha, as a non-english i always wondered how it went past tertiary...thanks! :Smile_great:

[BABBY]
Players
499 posts
8,995 battles
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

IIRC, yes. But Umikaze should get special MM...the good ol' times, when you could fail div with a TX in a Umikaze use the 'death by a thousand cuts' tactic to pi** off BBs... :cap_book:

We all know how this would end. 

No komrad, see we make a sub with sextuple Smolensk launchers. Also a premium steel version that launches double Kremlins at capitalist enemies of Soviet Russia, da.

[CAIN]
Players
3,383 posts
12,632 battles

As funny as some of these suggestions are, i have to remember you guys, that we're on the official WoWS forums, and chances are, the guys at the 'balans(!)' department might read them and we know how this will end up. Right? 

And all of a sudden the thought of all these funny suggestions turns into a feeling of horror.

Scary $hit Folks, scary $hit. :Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 3

Players
4,508 posts
245 battles
37 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

As funny as some of these suggestions are, i have to remember you guys, that we're on the official WoWS forums, and chances are, the guys at the 'balans(!)' department might read them and we know how this will end up. Right? 

And all of a sudden the thought of all these funny suggestions turns into a feeling of horror.

Scary $hit Folks, scary $hit. :Smile_ohmy:

Well if miss moscow actually arrives in my config den r.i.p game.

I would be suprised but at the same time not be if said designs appeared.

[CR-S]
Players
562 posts
5 hours ago, tinvek said:

Don´t forget the salut- and flare-guns!

[S-O-M]
Players
336 posts
5,460 battles

NO, DD's have had a nightmare time, what with Dire MM, cv's and Radar, why do you think the standard is so poor, which has a knock on effect for other classes.

As soon as you give Cruisers 10+ km secondaries you kill DD's off completely, and when you do that who's gonna hunt and kill Subs ?.

My earlier fight in a Yorck vs a Akizuki demonstrates exactly why Cruisers don't need better secondaries, even though he was mobile in smoke I was knocking big chunks (HE), off him, while in return he was doing next to nothing to me, (secondaries wouldn't have fired in that case ;-).

That's akin to Cv drivers saying "oh no we're not OP"; Imagine giving a cruiser with RADAR long range secondaries, ROFL, mind you that's the kind of thing WG would do, and call it Sekondski,with 99000 hp.

Players
118 posts
9,720 battles

I have suggested this some months ago. It shouldn't be just for meems and funs but as a viable option. Would it hurt the game or balance? I certainly don't think so. It just gives cruiser players more options and tactics.

Cruisers don't close in so often but if you are skilled and want to close in you should have the option to pack extra firepower and make it work.

Game is very dull in the captain builds and making different builds viable options. I used to have pretty much the same builds in every one of my ships. Same boring builds. 

These days I pretty much have special builds simply for fun.

Secondary build would be a nice option for some cruisers.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
118 posts
9,720 battles
1 hour ago, MadBadDave said:

NO, DD's have had a nightmare time, what with Dire MM, cv's and Radar, why do you think the standard is so poor, which has a knock on effect for other classes.

As soon as you give Cruisers 10+ km secondaries you kill DD's off completely, and when you do that who's gonna hunt and kill Subs ?.

You can stay out of radar range in a DD.

How many players do you think would pick secondary cruiser? Cruisers prefer to stay in range. We barely see any secondary BBs. Most would still stick with normal builds. 

Its an option for those who have the skill to move closer and want to play aggressive.

[S-O-M]
Players
336 posts
5,460 battles
1 hour ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

You can stay out of radar range in a DD.

How many players do you think would pick secondary cruiser? Cruisers prefer to stay in range. We barely see any secondary BBs. Most would still stick with normal builds. 

Its an option for those who have the skill to move closer and want to play aggressive.

Yes you can but doing so deprives you of your best weapon ; torps. 

Lightning has 5.5km detection, and 8km torp range, most radar is around 10km, give radar cruisers with said 10km radar 10km secondaries and watch DD’s fade away.

All my BBs including warspite have secondary builds (full manual).

[ENUF]
Beta Tester
189 posts
12,982 battles
4 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

My earlier fight in a Yorck vs a Akizuki demonstrates exactly why Cruisers don't need better secondaries, even though he was mobile in smoke I was knocking big chunks (HE), off him, while in return he was doing next to nothing to me, (secondaries wouldn't have fired in that case ;-).

That's akin to Cv drivers saying "oh no we're not OP"; Imagine giving a cruiser with RADAR long range secondaries, ROFL, mind you that's the kind of thing WG would do, and call it Sekondski,with 99000 hp. [...]

[...] Lightning has 5.5km detection, and 8km torp range, most radar is around 10km, give radar cruisers with said 10km radar 10km secondaries and watch DD’s fade away.

Seeing how expensive a secondary build is I would be very happy if I encounter a full secondary cruiser in a DD because he just crippled his whole ship just for fireworks. Especially because a lot of cruiser secondaries can't pen T8+ DDs. In a DD I don't care about long range secondaries in general because they are just so ineffective.

I never saw anyone complaining about a 9,8 km full secondary Stalingrad/Moskva.