Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Shells just randomly appearing on the map

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[NWP]
Players
6,856 posts
7,643 battles

So today in CBs, after i see a ship shooting and the shells just appear some time after, i managed to get a good few screenshots in to actually show the problem.

 

I always marked the first shell which appeared in both screenshots. As you can see, both times the Smolensk already fired all its guns, but the Shells become visible some time after.

I managed to actually hit the screenshotbutton right between the first turret / all others, when the first shell was visible for me. All others appeared at the same spot aswell.

image.png.6cd5219b77417eb090ec6ab4e271237c.png

image.thumb.png.d298c6e839611bb07b8b1c85a8add8b3.png

 

The next salvo - same thing.

image.png.a77e510b0ebdfab17c0d339de7f38820.png

image.png.59d6475f58291931144f6ff726291ab9.png

 

@MrConway @Crysantos

You guys know anything about that? Do you need a replay or something to investigate this? I mean, its really annoying when i want to shoot ships in smoke, and the shells just appear randomly in the air. Sometimes, when ships are really close you dont see the shells at all.

 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
348 posts
7,658 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

So today in CBs, after i see a ship shooting and the shells just appear some time after, i managed to get a good few screenshots in to actually show the problem.

 

I always marked the first shell which appeared in both screenshots. As you can see, both times the Smolensk already fired all its guns, but the Shells become visible some time after.

I managed to actually hit the screenshotbutton right between the first turret / all others, when the first shell was visible for me. All others appeared at the same spot aswell.

 

The next salvo - same thing.

 

@MrConway @Crysantos

You guys know anything about that? Do you need a replay or something to investigate this? I mean, its really annoying when i want to shoot ships in smoke, and the shells just appear randomly in the air. Sometimes, when ships are really close you dont see the shells at all.

 

 

It is massively annoying - makes it much harder to hit ships in smoke when it happpens.  Is it just fast RoF ships that get this "perk"?  I had thought it was just me, but your post gives confirmation that it is a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,856 posts
7,643 battles
7 minutes ago, MyopicHedgehog said:

 

It is massively annoying - makes it much harder to hit ships in smoke when it happpens.  Is it just fast RoF ships that get this "perk"?  I had thought it was just me, but your post gives confirmation that it is a thing.

 

Ive heard, it seems to be the same way for AA tracers @El2aZeR ?

Also, ive known that also others have this problem. But i wanted to get some screens first, so now i can check the replay and see, if its the same in the replay (it might not be!)

So when i check it tomorrow, i can upload it and WG can have a look aswell. Because its just stupid this way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
348 posts
7,658 battles

There was some speculation on the forum before that it may be an issue that the game just can't cope with all the updates required with the fast RoF ships whilst in smoke.  There were still people "pressing X to doubt" that it was a thing too though!  Stands to reason that if this is the case, AA tracers would also be impacted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,963 posts
17,037 battles
43 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Ive heard, it seems to be the same way for AA tracers @El2aZeR ?

 

Tracers always get rendered, however their position is now randomized.

Fun part:

If a ship is hiding in smoke and you're not directly looking at it, flak tracers get rendered but actual flak bursts don't.

  • Cool 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
3,409 posts
18,926 battles
6 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Ive heard, it seems to be the same way for AA tracers

Somehow I suspect the fiddling with the smoke render mechanics they did becouse of "AA dakka randomisations" is the very core of this bug... Perhaps they should revert that particular change and just let the DDs that dont know when to turn it off take their medicine

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×