Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ysterpyp

Website redirects African players to NA server which is much slower than EU server

9 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
1,284 posts
17,835 battles

WG website is wants to redirect new players to NA server when on EU website if you live in Africa

The ping on NA is 330ms and massive packet loss and EU is 180-220 (105 in game) ping in cmd.

why would you redirect players to a worse server if they are new, which happened to me when i started and

i stopped my NA account and moved to EU server because that server is unplayable from my location..

eu-to-na.thumb.png.0d32fe2486bbca03e498053543c511be.png

[WG-EU]
Administrator, WG Staff
84 posts
13,056 battles

Hi @Ysterpyp

We are sorry that you are facing this issue.

But thank you for reporting this anomaly. This is indeed strange and we will investigate this at our end. 

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,284 posts
17,835 battles
On 10/31/2019 at 12:46 PM, Lordofdroid said:

Hi @Ysterpyp

We are sorry that you are facing this issue.

But thank you for reporting this anomaly. This is indeed strange and we will investigate this at our end. 

Sure :)

[WG-EU]
Administrator, WG Staff
84 posts
13,056 battles

Apparently, this has always been like this, as I have been told. So it will be tough to change this long existing mechanism from our side.

[CATS]
Players
20,493 posts
12,548 battles
9 minutes ago, Lordofdroid said:

Apparently, this has always been like this, as I have been told. So it will be tough to change this long existing mechanism from our side.

Additionally reason to change it now.

Do not get stuck in that mindset. Stuff can be changed and should be changed if they do not work well.

• Cool 2

Players
305 posts
On 10/27/2019 at 9:12 AM, Ysterpyp said:

WG website is wants to redirect new players to NA server when on EU website if you live in Africa

(...)

Bringing this to attention is a good idea. If not already done you could open a support ticket.

It shouldn't be a serious problem though. E.g. I play on the EU and the SEA server. (The ping on SEA while in the EU and vice versa is cruel sometimes, true). 

Re. the website: https://worldofwarships.asia/ always offers to forward me to https://worldofwarships.eu/ (because I always route via a node in the EU for www). Which I simply ignore and all is fine.

If you get forwarded automatically you might consider cleaning/erasing the browser cache and stored cookies regularly. 

And if you have the EU client installed it should always connect to the EU server.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:15 AM, Lordofdroid said:

If this is a geolocation related phenomenon a solution could be to add a menu item for choosing another regional website, a/or let cookies expire earlier, as well. Both is rather trivial. Maybe i missed something?

On 11/6/2019 at 10:27 AM, ColonelPete said:

Do not get stuck in that mindset. Stuff can be changed and should be changed if they do not work well.

Indeed.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,284 posts
17,835 battles

Yes for me its not a problem now , but for a new player he/she will have issues.

Since he might not know that NA client is x2 slower than EU client and then in turn creating a bad experience in your game for that player because he/she will dc , have packet losses . ect

I would disable it since that message is doing more harm than good anyway

Do a simple ping test to see which server is faster , instead of hard coding it :)

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,609 posts
10,371 battles
On 11/6/2019 at 9:27 AM, ColonelPete said:

It's a case of Argumentum ad antiquitatem and I agree fully.

Sign in to follow this