Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gnirf

Researh bureau first triple reset now regrinded numbers and my experience

15 comments in this topic

[H_FAN]
Players
2,269 posts
31,958 battles

Maybe it is of interest some numbers and overall experience. I did 3 resets (see table for numbers) French, US and IJN Battleships. For reserach purposes I set up some conditions:

Only skip modules, play all tiers in random. Use premium flags and camos, buy and grind all ships.

Credits do not matter other than to try map the drainage, FreeXP should cover all skipping of B-hulls etc and made a good increase to get my stock back after Friesland, always want to be a bit over 1 000 000 FreeXP.

Dont grind too hard  i.e. play for first win, and then play other ships for economy and variation as usual.

As you can see in table I did it in roughly 2 months. I noticed that I played more random mid tier ships a lot rather than high tier in coop compared with previously, this transition took place the last month. Lots of Warspite, Kutuzov, König games.  Credit is not a problem per se but it was more to conclude that if you want to keep pace with financial outlay (i.e. loss when you sell and rebuy), one must think more about which ship you play. 

I use a lot of the luxury camos (asian Lantern etc) around 75 around 50% of my stock, several hundred of the premium flags.

I must say that a few surprises when I saw some ships again after a really long time. I have always liked the US BB line and I still do, but Iowa was not a pleasant experience, tended to overextend easily. On the other hand Amagi and to my surprise Izumo!! was quite alright

Had 15/11 of 26 games in Izumo. All B/C hulls etc was as I said FreeXP, so it was the usual full ship that was played, maybe that helped a lot but I played IJN BBs first so it was Izumo prebuff then.

French ... well not that fun. 

Results other than 40000 Res points was naturally a cpt improvment with 1-2 p in general to get all T6 and above on at least 14 but many in the 16-19 region. This will be enhanced in further resets.

I will however in next reset take same country - IJN DD gunline + BBs. I may play a lot of the gunline slow in partly in coop (cheaply outfitted)  whilst grinding BBs in random. I have now my IJN captains as follows Fuso (yamamoto) 18, Nagato 15, Amagi and Izumo 16 , Yamato 19.

So will see how that goes. I think I will take a few lines at a time.

It is no hurry but I do not want to sit with too many regrinds if snowflakes return during christmas, at least I want to know in enough advance so I can handle fast grind to T10 if necessary, I missed the extra SC for Republique but that is life.    

Research bureau 1 191026.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
1,049 posts

The way I read your number is that it cost you 636,434 XP around 80 euros to get 40,000 RSBP, which is still not enough RSBP to get a ship.

I did the British dd line and left it at that ( because of the above )

I want Cobert, i see why they put it in the research bureau and why the RSB came into game, although I tend to think they would of made more money not having a RSB and just selling the ships.

Generally, speaking personally I am not happy with " that Research Bureau Idea " image.png.2f9bf998a9a854574c2fdf03be58329c.png

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
3,731 posts
14,610 battles
6 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Generally, speaking personally I am not happy with " that Research Bureau Idea "

Why not? Personally, I feel totally unaffected by it.

• Cool 2

Players
1,049 posts
Just now, loppantorkel said:

Why not? Personally, I feel totally unaffected by it.

I think it cost,s me money, XP, and time for little reward. 

If Colbert was for sale I would buy it and save my XP and Time.

The only reasons I see for The Research Bureau are negative for the end user player base, I might not " get on with the some of end user player base, But I 100% support and respect ALL they rights as end users. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,269 posts
31,958 battles
42 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

The way I read your number is that it cost you 636,434 XP around 80 euros to get 40,000 RSBP, which is still not enough RSBP to get a ship.

I did the British dd line and left it at that ( because of the above )

I want Cobert, i see why they put it in the research bureau and why the RSB came into game, although I tend to think they would of made more money not having a RSB and just selling the ships.

Generally, speaking personally I am not happy with " that Research Bureau Idea " image.png.2f9bf998a9a854574c2fdf03be58329c.png

No, i have gained roughly 364 000 FreeXP, as I have used 1 000 000 for Friesland. 50000 of this increase was due to a Supercontainer during anniversary event, so I have compensated all FreeXPing and a lot more during the period. 

No moneyoutlay but the prem signals and camos have naturally a cost.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,216 posts
17,301 battles

Research Bureau is a great way to make sure that I don't get tempted to play ever again ships I really, really hate against T10 players in a meta that I really, really hate... ^^

So I reset a couple lines and decided I only play either the premium ships I got in them (= US DDs) or just go to maximum T6 (= RN Cruisers... might get T7 maybe...)

I don't care about the two ships that are available for research points, so I don't have any need to spend money for freexp transformation or time on grinding...

If only there wouldn't so many T10 potatoes go down to the lower reaches again and continue to use the "hug island waifu and be passive" meta they "learned" at T10 ^^

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
939 posts

I did one but doubled up with freeXP. I enjoyed the grind as it was a good line but the time and cost in freeXP credits and commander XP is severe. I’m tempted to change all my points go freeXP and never do it again.

[D_M_K]
Players
171 posts
6,919 battles
Am 26.10.2019 um 16:03, Gnirf sagte:

Maybe it is of interest some numbers and overall experience. I did 3 resets (see table for numbers) French, US and IJN Battleships. For reserach purposes I set up some conditions:

Only skip modules, play all tiers in random. Use premium flags and camos, buy and grind all ships.

Credits do not matter other than to try map the drainage, FreeXP should cover all skipping of B-hulls etc and made a good increase to get my stock back after Friesland, always want to be a bit over 1 000 000 FreeXP.

Dont grind too hard  i.e. play for first win, and then play other ships for economy and variation as usual.

As you can see in table I did it in roughly 2 months. I noticed that I played more random mid tier ships a lot rather than high tier in coop compared with previously, this transition took place the last month. Lots of Warspite, Kutuzov, König games.  Credit is not a problem per se but it was more to conclude that if you want to keep pace with financial outlay (i.e. loss when you sell and rebuy), one must think more about which ship you play. 

I use a lot of the luxury camos (asian Lantern etc) around 75 around 50% of my stock, several hundred of the premium flags.

I must say that a few surprises when I saw some ships again after a really long time. I have always liked the US BB line and I still do, but Iowa was not a pleasant experience, tended to overextend easily. On the other hand Amagi and to my surprise Izumo!! was quite alright

Had 15/11 of 26 games in Izumo. All B/C hulls etc was as I said FreeXP, so it was the usual full ship that was played, maybe that helped a lot but I played IJN BBs first so it was Izumo prebuff then.

French ... well not that fun. 

Results other than 40000 Res points was naturally a cpt improvment with 1-2 p in general to get all T6 and above on at least 14 but many in the 16-19 region. This will be enhanced in further resets.

I will however in next reset take same country - IJN DD gunline + BBs. I may play a lot of the gunline slow in partly in coop (cheaply outfitted)  whilst grinding BBs in random. I have now my IJN captains as follows Fuso (yamamoto) 18, Nagato 15, Amagi and Izumo 16 , Yamato 19.

So will see how that goes. I think I will take a few lines at a time.

It is no hurry but I do not want to sit with too many regrinds if snowflakes return during christmas, at least I want to know in enough advance so I can handle fast grind to T10 if necessary, I missed the extra SC for Republique but that is life.    

Research bureau 1 191026.jpg

Sorry for this personal question but do u have a real life ? Because i never saw a player with 30000 Matches. How can u have so much time to play this game. There are other things in the world outside the window dude. Wish u a nice day bro.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
561 posts
10,078 battles
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:28 PM, gopher31 said:

and commander XP

How it did cost you commander XP?

I have ressetted 6 lines but not spend a single commander XP.

Have you been swapping one commander to all the ships?

I have one commander to each ship.

[SHAD]
Players
939 posts
4 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

How it did cost you commander XP?

I have ressetted 6 lines but not spend a single commander XP.

Have you been swapping one commander to all the ships?

I have one commander to each ship.

Yes, swapping commanders. true I could have used some 10 pointers  but I would still have to retrain them to the next ship.

Did you already have one commander per ship?

[H_FAN]
Players
2,269 posts
31,958 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Yes, swapping commanders. true I could have used some 10 pointers  but I would still have to retrain them to the next ship.

Did you already have one commander per ship?

If you are satisfied with a 10 p you can get that pretty fast.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,269 posts
31,958 battles
7 hours ago, xxFaNNaTiKxx said:

Sorry for this personal question but do u have a real life ? Because i never saw a player with 30000 Matches. How can u have so much time to play this game. There are other things in the world outside the window dude. Wish u a nice day bro.

You work as a consultant with too little inflow of work so the first two years of Wows I played extreme numbers, but even now I play 15-25 hours/weekly but your game numbers rise fast if you play coop a lot. The first years 20000 was almost exclusively random. Later the directives and time limits make me play lots of more high tier coop. There you stack numbers fast.

[SHAD]
Players
939 posts
13 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

If you are satisfied with a 10 p you can get that pretty fast.

I would still have to transfer between ships though. This all costs commander XP. If I use a 19pt commander I earn free commander XP having spent  a bit more to transfer between ships. This is more useful than having more captains as I have many spare 10pt captains.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,269 posts
31,958 battles
22 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I would still have to transfer between ships though. This all costs commander XP. If I use a 19pt commander I earn free commander XP having spent  a bit more to transfer between ships. This is more useful than having more captains as I have many spare 10pt captains.

well I have at least a 10 p on nearly all ships, I have kept all silver ships (missing only T8-10 FR DDs apart from regrind) and they are climbing up higher and higher

[SHAD]
Players
939 posts

Ah, that's the difference.

I had a couple of tier 7,8 and 9 silver ships  but I sell most as I don't enjoy low tiers anymore.

Of course if you have all the captains already it makes perfect sense

Sign in to follow this