You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Black_Prince42

CV's shouldnt be in the game, by a CV player

remove carriers from the game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. carriers, balanced to their respected tiers, or complete removal

178 comments in this topic

Players
151 posts
1,482 battles

okay now lets kick off and cause some major triggering. i love carriers, without them america would be japan and we wouldnt have had half the problems in the middle east (i went there sue me). since the rework my carrier play has gotten increasingly better, but because im the bad luck chuck of FT13 because i betrayed JTF76(warthunder) i have lost every single game since august, i havent won at all. back on topic, i have the lady lex, by far my favourite ship in the game next to ark royal, belfast (im british) and montana. for the last week now by lex has been in constant tier10 games where im like a farmer and the reds are pigs, im just feeding them. im not complaining about matchmaker i know its +2 and wont ever change, because thats too easy, i havent seen a single tier10 carrier in weeks, plenty of tier4&6 but no 10's. whats the point in putting a carrier like the lex against ships like cuntlin(kremlin i hate communists) tomato and minotaur, the izumo ate an entire dive squadron before i could get in weapons range, tier8 bb like mass i'll get a couple of good runs. either carriers should be limited to their tier and 1 below or taken out. i'm never going to reach midway, or my countrys t10 at this rate, so either t8 faces t8 and so on so forth or carriers get removed. i left the last game i was in because we had four ships vs an entire team left and i hadnt even done any damage and run out of every plane bar dive bombers. im not crap im okay, ill even record the game play for those who dont believe it. but this is for other CV drivers, should our flattops be taken out ?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 6

Beta Tester
502 posts
14,995 battles

dude, you aren't even close to smthg called "cv player"  ...

and if you are off from your medications then it could harm you ...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
6,835 posts
7,602 battles
6 minutes ago, Black_Prince42 said:

im not crap im okay

How can i put this nicely? No, the problem is with you, not with CVs.

CVs are actually totaly Overpowered, even T8 against TX ships if played correctly. That means, the potential is there, but many players somehow are not able to do it. So they are still OP if played by people like @El2aZeR but at the same time, bad players are even more useless than before the rework.

10/10 rework success. :cap_fainting:

Also if the options are, to buff CVs further because players cant perform, then lets outright remove them, otherwise you could just aswell remove surface ships from the game.

• Cool 5

Players
4,543 posts
245 battles

1338196104_stalingulagagain.jpg.89f53ab2ce8c1c69339a913ba7faa92f.jpg

Spoiler

either way wargaming isn't changing it, unless a backlash like NTC appears again and worse.

• Funny 6

Players
2,199 posts
13,303 battles
14 minutes ago, Black_Prince42 said:

to many losses, ive been clean and sober since i was 17 XD

Problem with t8 is that you can not play like t4. You need to pick targets and reduce your losses by predrop or slings. flying around 2-3 ships on t8+ will eat all of your planes fast. 

Players
2,432 posts
12,204 battles

Sorry to say this. But you’re not even close to being an OK CV player. Frankly T8 CV’s still don’t struggle that much in T10 games. I would suggest really practicing T6 CV’s if it’s a class you want to get good in and don’t venture to T8 until you can reliably influence a game repeatedly.

• Cool 2

Players
2,432 posts
12,204 battles
1 minute ago, WingedHussar_Adler said:

Problem with t8 is that you can not play like t4. You need to pick targets and reduce your losses by predrop or slings. flying around 2-3 ships on t8+ will eat all of your planes fast. 

You don’t need to pre drop at all. 

Players
4,757 posts
8,452 battles
28 minutes ago, Black_Prince42 said:

i left the last game i was in because we had four ships vs an entire team left and i hadnt even done any damage and run out of every plane bar dive bombers. im not crap im okay

@MrConway @Crysantos so here is a player, that admits he leaves battles in the middle of the match, which is despicable and violates the rules of any teamplay-based game. Yet if I or anyone else tell him, what he is and what the community thinks of him, I risk getting a forum ban. Maybe you guys can do that for me?

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2

Players
151 posts
1,482 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

@MrConway @Crysantos so here is a player, that admits he leaves battles in the middle of the match, which is despicable and violates the rules of any teamplay-based game. Yet if I or anyone else tell him, what he is and what the community thinks of him, I risk getting a forum ban. Maybe you guys can do that for me?

in my defense i had less than 25% HP left, the game ended after we lost a BB, i got the punishment i know what i did, but hey people done way worse in game like encouraging racism, political agendas so on so forth. 

• Bad 3

Players
1,049 posts
37 minutes ago, Black_Prince42 said:

should our flattops be taken out ?

IMHO:-

No they should stay in game, they are an important part of Navy History and changed the way Navel Warfare was conducted.

BTW How many games have you lost since August ?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
554 posts
1,879 battles

Guys, (for those who want CVs to get removed), i don't know how you still haven't got it:

CARRIERS WILL NEVER GET REMOVED !!!!!

While i agree on the fact that it would be more balanced to have odd-tier carriers (which we know it's never going to happen), carriers are fine as it is.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
1 minute ago, Barracuda_111 said:

No they should stay in game, they are an important part of Navy History and changed the way Navel Warfare was conducted.

While this is a great argument as to why they should definitely appear in a Naval History BOOK it does not translate to the game space. Just because something existed irl does not automatically warrant its inclusion into a game particularly if its inclusion creates any form of imbalance.  As has been said countless times before - gameplay always trumps realism.

• Cool 5

Players
151 posts
1,482 battles
17 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

BTW How many games have you lost since August ?

all of them, and yes im not a religous player who lives in a basement and plays every second of the day i can only get 12 hours in a week if that, more like 5, but so far 50 games, all of them lost

Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
23 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Guys, (for those who want CVs to get removed), i don't know how you still haven't got it:

CARRIERS WILL NEVER GET REMOVED !!!!!

While you are most likely right you can never be too sure. Remember when WG said;

SUBS WILL NEVER BE IN THE GAME !!!!!

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

Players
1,049 posts
5 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

While this is a great argument as to why they should definitely appear in a Naval History BOOK it does not translate to the game space. Just because something existed irl does not automatically warrant its inclusion into a game particularly if its inclusion creates any form of imbalance.  As has been said countless times before - gameplay always trumps realism.

@xxNihilanxx you make an interesting point Sir or Madam,

However removing an established class of ship from the game I feel is a bizarre idea, it would be akin to us playing chess with out Queens.

I personal feel in game all class,s of ship add some thing to the game, " WE " as end users, should endeavour to develop our own tactics and strategies, to counter play any type of class or specific type of ship, that we personally find troublesome or give us some sort of reward for farming the said " class / ship ".

The only issue I see from CV is not about CV,s but more about " No AA " or sensible defence from CV at certain game Tiers.

I am not a good CV player, however I have only ever lost all my aircraft once ( in a TX Saipan game ) out of 405 random games ( including RTS and Rework ) on all the CV I have, which is ALL of the CV in game, including premium CV,s.

your comment " game play always trumps realism " I will take under advisement, I need to " ponder that statement, with in the though confines of World or Warships and its game mission statement.

Regards 

• Cool 1

Players
1,049 posts
20 minutes ago, Black_Prince42 said:

all of them, and yes im not a religous player who lives in a basement and plays every second of the day i can only get 12 hours in a week if that, more like 5, but so far 50 games, all of them lost

noted Thank you for sharing

Players
151 posts
1,482 battles
2 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

noted Thank you for sharing

So what because I don't play everyday my opinion is invalid 

• Bad 1

Players
1,049 posts
1 minute ago, Black_Prince42 said:

@Black_Prince42

You said that I did not say that !

Lets try and keep this civil shall we!

You brought up a game issue and made a public thread on it 

I respect your opinion, and the time YOU spent making the thread.

It does not matter how many games you play, I was curious how many games you lost in the time period you stated. 

I did not make comment on you, your game play, or ability, nor your time allotted to play the game.

You are a member of the forum and are entitled to have your say, as long as you refrain from breaking any rules of the forum, and it might be better if we ALL are a little more positive, and less rude when communication with fellow forum members, for a number of reasons Sir.

• Cool 4

Players
2,432 posts
12,204 battles
9 minutes ago, Black_Prince42 said:

Your opinion became invalid the moment you admitted to sabotaging the games of other players buy AFK’ing when things got tough.

Good gods I hope the ban hammer strikes.

• Cool 2

Players
151 posts
1,482 battles
16 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Your opinion became invalid the moment you admitted to sabotaging the games of other players buy AFK’ing when things got tough.

Good gods I hope the ban hammer strikes.

It's has multiple times, trust me I ain't afraid of then ban hammer, was banned from warthunder for a year

17 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

@Black_Prince42

You said that I did not say that !

Lets try and keep this civil shall we!

You brought up a game issue and made a public thread on it 

I respect your opinion, and the time YOU spent making the thread.

It does not matter how many games you play, I was curious how many games you lost in the time period you stated. 

I did not make comment on you, your game play, or ability, nor your time allotted to play the game.

You are a member of the forum and are entitled to have your say, as long as you refrain from breaking any rules of the forum, and it might be better if we ALL are a little more positive, and less rude when communication with fellow forum members, for a number of reasons Sir.

I didn't mean it like that well I did but wasn't sure what you meant by your noted part

• Bad 2

Players
1,049 posts
9 minutes ago, Black_Prince42 said:

It's has multiple times, trust me I ain't afraid of then ban hammer, was banned from warthunder for a year

I didn't mean it like that well I did but wasn't sure what you meant by your noted part

Roger that.

I mean I noted your answer, I have not past comment yet on it, I provisionally feel there is an issue, however I do not know what " the issue is " 

you mentioned warthunder, which I have heard of, but know nothing about the game, who owns it, or the politics in the game. I have never played it.

Having said this and I do not know you, If there is proof you are getting negative results due to some thing in that game in World of Warships, TRUST ME I will defend you until my death in real life.

However this thread is about removal of Aircraft Carriers and not about another game.

o7 

PS I apologise for my cryptic " noted " answer