You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

Warhammer 40k Collaboration ?

47 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester
1,574 posts
4,283 battles

Just noticed this.

Did anyone actually hear about this ? ^^

Cause until this Video talked about it. I never actually heard anything about GW and Wargaming having said anything.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,918 posts
3,640 battles

Here's hoping that stays only to the tank in WoT and doesn't rear it's head here

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester
1,574 posts
4,283 battles
27 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Here's hoping that stays only to the tank in WoT and doesn't rear it's head here

Well it Depends on what actually happens.

If it was a Spin Off Game. So not part of World of Warships but rather its own Game Featuring Warhammer 40k Naval Battles. I would likely get it.

I consider the Naval Battles in Warhammer 40k to be rather Interesting. And given the Excessive Micromanagement of Ships in Warhammer 40k. A World of Warships Style Game is likely much better suited than Battlefleet Gothic Armada where you control several Ships at once.

If its just a Collab with some Commanders and Skins. I would likely ignore it. And Potentially even Disable it from Showing for me.

Simply because its just not really fitting into the Narrative of WW2 Naval Battles for me.

• Cool 1

Players
613 posts
10,053 battles

Just play Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 if you want to play 40k Space ships, not really something that would fit in WoWs...

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,918 posts
3,640 battles
Just now, Sunleader said:

Well it Depends on what actually happens.

If it was a Spin Off Game. So not part of World of Warships but rather its own Game Featuring Warhammer 40k Naval Battles. I would likely get it.

If its just a Collab with some Commanders and Skins. I would likely ignore it. And Potentially even Disable it from Showing for me.

Simply because its just not really fitting into the Narrative of WW2 Naval Battles for me.

Same here, despite loving the Warhammer universe.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester
1,574 posts
4,283 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Just play Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 if you want to play 40k Space ships, not really something that would fit in WoWs...

Opposite actually.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada really Suffers from this. Because the Ships in Warhammer 40k are Extremely Detailed with alot of Options in Battle and alot of Maneuvering and Tactics Required. (Well as to be Expected of Capital Warships)

Which makes it Literally Impossible to do it Properly with Several Ships at once like you have to in Battlefleet Gothic Armada.

A World of Warships Type of Game where every Player Controls only 1 Warhammer 40k Ship for himself. Would thus be Extremely Prudent and make much more Sense.

But as I said above. That is only if its a Stand Alone Gamemode/Game that is NOT mixing into the World of Warships WW2 Game.

Players
613 posts
10,053 battles
Just now, Sunleader said:

Opposite actually.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada really Suffers from this. Because the Ships in Warhammer 40k are Extremely Detailed with alot of Options in Battle and alot of Maneuvering and Tactics Required. (Well as to be Expected of Capital Warships)

Which makes it Literally Impossible to do it Properly with Several Ships at once like you have to in Battlefleet Gothic Armada.

A World of Warships Type of Game where every Player Controls only 1 Warhammer 40k Ship for himself. Would thus be Extremely Prudent and make much more Sense.

But as I said above. That is only if its a Stand Alone Gamemode/Game that is NOT mixing into the World of Warships WW2 Game.

I have no problems controlling multiple ships, and also there is a limit on how detailed the models of the ships can be cause they are based on the Proper miniatures which are fairly tiny thus low in detail. Mind you I don't play the multiplayer on it, I just play the campaign for the story and epic cut-scenes.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,884 posts
16,999 battles
25 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

if you want to play 40k Space ships, not really something that would fit in WoWs

25 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Same here, despite loving the Warhammer universe.

a5nPgxr_460s.jpg

• Cool 9
  • Funny 6

[THESO]
Weekend Tester
1,574 posts
4,283 battles
20 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

I have no problems controlling multiple ships, and also there is a limit on how detailed the models of the ships can be cause they are based on the Proper miniatures which are fairly tiny thus low in detail. Mind you I don't play the multiplayer on it, I just play the campaign for the story and epic cut-scenes.

Then its not that you have no Problems with controlling multiple ships. Its just that your facing a vastly Inferior Enemy where it doesnt matter so much to have Control of your Ships.

Funny enough you can Compare it with Coop Mode in World of Warships.

Because the NPCs in WoWs Suffer from the same Issue. The AI is not Capable of Strategical or even Tactical thinking. So just like in Warhammer 40k it just rushes towards you spamming its consumables/abilities as they come at you with little to no tactical Value and thus mostly to no effect.

Therefore it just doesnt matter against NPCs. Just like in WoWs against NPCs you have no need to Utilize Stealth or Micromanage Damage Control and Repairs etc.

NPCs dont employ Advanced Tactics like Changing Target after planting a Fire or Prioritizing a Target that has used Damage Control.

They dont stay outside Spotting Range with their DD etc etc.

Battlefleet is the same. NPCs are just not Capable of Micromanaging themselves. So it doesnt matter if you cant do it either.

(Albeit on the other hand it often results in Experienced Players considering the Campaign to be Hilariously easy because they can Fight pretty much every Battle without any real Effort and end up Bored as the NPC Fleets pose no Challenge at all against their Micromanaged Fleet just taking them apart without losses even tough the NPC Started out with a Superior Fleet....)

[THESO]
Weekend Tester
1,574 posts
4,283 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

a5nPgxr_460s.jpg

No Heresy here. Move along ^^

Spoiler

Sister.Of.Battle.full.1102057.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
4,526 posts
245 battles

Well i hope bloody lunar class cruisers, mars class battlecruisers and Armageddon class battleships dont suddenly start appearing.

Especially since they would be massive as well.

if its a new game entirely den noice.

Russian tier 22 super battleship premium when?

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,753 posts
6,898 battles

Love 40k, not sure I want that in WoWs as we already have so many derpy aestethics already (and because I already own way to much 40k related stuff:Smile_hiding:)

Players
831 posts
15,714 battles

I doubt very much it could be a quick collaboration like with azur lane or ARP which are using the same ships as WOWS, but if it was a case they were going to try creating a separate game based around the lore of Warhammer 40k where you research space warships I would be all up for that. 

Only problem is WGs strong Russian bias will have to evolve into a strong Ork bias...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
65 posts
1,786 battles

Some 40k skins for our ships would be nice. Or some 40k voice packs (played WoT for a year with the Sisters of Battle voice pack, loved it) or 40k captains.

Here are some ideas for shipskins:

Vostroyan 1st born skin for russian ships

Praetorian guard skins for british

Mordian Iron guard for american

Scintillan Fusiliers for french

DEATH KORPS for german (come on, you all saw this one coming, right?)

Any ideas for japanese and the rest?

Players
831 posts
15,714 battles
2 minutes ago, Bad_Mojo_incoming said:

I guess Pan Asian could be White Scars but for the Japanese no ideas sadly

Players
65 posts
1,786 battles
2 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

I guess Pan Asian could be White Scars but for the Japanese no ideas sadly

No, no Space Marine themes here, friend. Warships are NEVER manned by Astartes, even their own warships are crewed by regular navy or chapter personnel. To my knowledge...

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
5 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Opposite actually.

lemme guess, you've played Rogue Trader (the RPG), but never the actual granddaddy of 40k space combat, Battlefleet Gothic (the Tabletop)? Saying "controlling multiple ships doesnt work" is just plain ol' bollocks, whatever you may think of BFG:A and its AI...

And I don't think we have to "fear" any 40k skins getting into Wows - their setup just does not match at all. For one, they dont have turreted main batteries - they're essentially broadside combatants (with the odd sprinkling of additional dorsal/ventral turrets, sure, but those tend to be supplementary weapons), which is where a lot of the tactics in BFG actually come from.

Meanwhile, there are already two 40k tank skins in WoT (and they're quite decent imho), and at least some of the aerial designs would even fit into Wowp quite well (probably not a Thunderhawk, but even that could show up as an Attack Aircraft I suppose) if GW are interested in that zombie of a game xD

8 minutes ago, Bad_Mojo_incoming said:

No, no Space Marine themes here, friend. Warships are NEVER manned by Astartes, even their own warships are crewed by regular navy or chapter personnel. To my knowledge...

which has... what exactly to do with their livery? Even the Imperial Navy can't match the Astartes when it comes to the size of the iconography on their ships... :Smile_teethhappy:

[BABBY]
Players
500 posts
9,017 battles

Hey, i for one think the WH40k Ragnarok skin for KV-2 is awesome and am excited how it would turn out for ships. There's always filters if someone doesn't like it.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
559 posts
2 hours ago, Bad_Mojo_incoming said:

Common ship personal  rarely. But they usually have a small group of marines as command staff. And also most likely a techmarine to mentain and command the servitor crews.

At least the battle barges and strike cruisers. Not sure about smaller craft. 

But I guess here is the lore a but inconsequential, since even gunboats and landingcraft are steered by Marines.

The 1000 man chapters seemingly refers only to the normal ranks. With Arsenal, Scriptorium, Reclusium, Fleet and even command staffs not counts towards that limit. Looks more like the actual size is around 1300 marines, if you count every tanker, pilot,  techmarine, apothecarius, scriptor, chaplain, and of course dreadnought.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,890 posts
10,261 battles
2 hours ago, Bad_Mojo_incoming said:

Some 40k skins for our ships would be nice. Or some 40k voice packs (played WoT for a year with the Sisters of Battle voice pack, loved it) or 40k captains.

Here are some ideas for shipskins:

Vostroyan 1st born skin for russian ships

Praetorian guard skins for british

Mordian Iron guard for american

Scintillan Fusiliers for french

DEATH KORPS for german (come on, you all saw this one coming, right?)

Sly Marbo skin for Kleber.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "sly marbo"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" - Sly Marbo, while casually jogging at approximately Mach 5

• Funny 4

[THESO]
Weekend Tester
1,574 posts
4,283 battles
3 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

lemme guess, you've played Rogue Trader (the RPG), but never the actual granddaddy of 40k space combat, Battlefleet Gothic (the Tabletop)? Saying "controlling multiple ships doesnt work" is just plain ol' bollocks, whatever you may think of BFG:A and its AI...

And I don't think we have to "fear" any 40k skins getting into Wows - their setup just does not match at all. For one, they dont have turreted main batteries - they're essentially broadside combatants (with the odd sprinkling of additional dorsal/ventral turrets, sure, but those tend to be supplementary weapons), which is where a lot of the tactics in BFG actually come from.

Meanwhile, there are already two 40k tank skins in WoT (and they're quite decent imho), and at least some of the aerial designs would even fit into Wowp quite well (probably not a Thunderhawk, but even that could show up as an Attack Aircraft I suppose) if GW are interested in that zombie of a game xD

which has... what exactly to do with their livery? Even the Imperial Navy can't match the Astartes when it comes to the size of the iconography on their ships... :Smile_teethhappy:

What rubbish are you talking about ?????

Controlling a Fleet in a Tabletop or RPG is no Problem because you do it in turns and not in Realtime.....

BFGA is Realtime. And if you want to Compete you have to give about 15 Orders in 3 Seconds....

If you dont get this I suggest a Simple test.

You take 4 Ships in BFG and then Fight 4 Players each Commanding just 1 Ship.

I can promise you.

90% of the time at least 2 of your Ships will be useless cause you cant keep up with actually Commanding all at once properly.

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
272 posts
4,108 battles

I`m keen to have some cool skins to add to my scifi ones. I`d snap them all up in a heartbeat.

Players
4,526 posts
245 battles

Dystopian wars would oddly enough fit (only the more gun centric ships) in with this game (sort of).

At least the general theme of it.

I really like the chinese battleship doe.

halp.

[NED]
Players
4,379 posts
12,066 battles

If nu BB's can be equipped with a multi melta it'd raise one eyebrow...