You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF

SHIPS XP MUST BE FREE

74 comments in this topic

Players
23 posts
11,092 battles

This message going to every captain in wows and to the epic crew of wargaming, as a 4-year player never understand y the already grinding ship XP must be exchanged with doubloons - real money in order to be at use to the captains that already farm it twice with ships that may farm an unlock or buy an unlock, as a player. I have 13,000,000 ship XP in total that i can't use if i want to make them usable i must have 500,000 doubloons - 900 euro real money  to make them usable to unlock ships i can't see the logic behind it, ship XP must be usable an in one pool for the players to use them to unlock ships thats my opinion, if you have some thoughts about it plz share it.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,314 posts
9,231 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF said:

, ship XP must be usable an in one pool for the players to use them to unlock ships thats my opinion,

giphy.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
971 posts
7,381 battles
9 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF said:

This message going to every captain in wows and to the epic crew of wargaming, as a 4-year player never understand y the already grinding ship XP must be exchanged with doubloons - real money in order to be at use to the captains that already farm it twice with ships that may farm an unlock or buy an unlock, as a player. I have 13,000,000 ship XP in total that i can't use if i want to make them usable i must have 500,000 doubloons - 900 euro real money  to make them usable to unlock ships i can't see the logic behind it, ship XP must be usable an in one pool for the players to use them to unlock ships thats my opinion, if you have some thoughts about it plz share it.

I agree :fish_glass:

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Players
29 posts
1,667 battles

Its a case of double dipping.

They sell Premium Ships that allow you to skip tiers on lines but because that XP is tied to the ship and not free you end up with a ship were you could use to grind XP but then have to pay to get that XP, making the ship just for currency and captain grind as that XP is something you have to pay again, might as well get the ship from the line and grind it on it.

I suppose in a way this is why low tier ships might dont sell very well since anything under Tier V wont count for much due to how they simply dont count for stuff like Directives and Daily, I dont think I even touched the Tier III Cruiser they gave me because whats the point really?

Should they?I mean ... that means they cannot use it to monetize tech tree unlocks but at the same time, if I go insane (or they offer me that 200% pay back on doubloons coupon) and get the Graf Meme Carrier why the hell would I use anything besides the Graf Meme, sure I could use it to train Captains but why? if I could use that XP for unlocking the Tech lines and escape the useless of Tier IV Carriers that you bet I would.

• Cool 2

Players
23 posts
11,092 battles

Well if they make it free this will help many players that don't have money to buy premium ships also it will help to train the captains i don't see the reason y not allowing that, this is something that will help the players. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,426 posts

The whole playerbase is complaining about the sad level of gameplay. Have you ever thought about what would happen if you give people the FREE opportunity to play a T1 and use aaaaaallll that xp to unlock a tier 10?

And besides it would in the end ease the grind and thus incentivise players less to pay to skip the grind -> less money for WG -> they will never do that.

• Cool 12

Players
23 posts
11,092 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF said:

Yes they will learn the hard way but they will learn, also i am speaking for the players that already got tons of ship xp in the back an they can't use them i have 13milion i farm to earn them is my right to use them cause i farm them.

• Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
6,812 posts
7,602 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF said:

Well if they make it free this will help many players that don't have money to buy premium ships also it will help to train the captains i don't see the reason y not allowing that, this is something that will help the players. 

Couple of problems here:

Almost every line has some ships which arent that great in comparision, while others are outstanding. FreeXP is gathered much less than regular XP.

If i could skip any ship, i would just play the stronger ships, and not play the weaker once but would progress to TX eventually. Lets take RN CLs as an example. Many people dont like Neptune. So in order to not use freeXP, just play Leander/Fiji because they are outstanding for their tier.

And people really need to play ships more to LEARN TO PLAY. We already have people with <10 games playing T9 these days, which is horrible. And we have people with <1k games playing regular techtree ships at TX, which is also horrible.

They have no clue how to play, and make the game miserable for everyone.

On the other hand, what i think they could do with Ship XP:

Sometimes, you get T5-8 ships (these days even more often) from bonus missions. So you basicly dont have the lower tier ships on the line researched. Imo they could allow to use Ship XP on a ships higher in the line to research lower tier ships. <T5 ships dont need much freeXP anyway, so it wouldnt hurt much imo, while having atleast some little benefit from ship XP.

Players
29 posts
1,667 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Have you ever thought about what would happen if you give people the FREE opportunity to play a T1 and use aaaaaallll that xp to unlock a tier 10?

Yes because clearly they dont sell Tier IX ships.

This is a loaded argument because they do sell ships with this line "Convert XP earned on Premium ships to Free XP and accelerate your progress in the game", if your argument is FREE then I point out the problem lies with XP curves as well Premium ships being useless for XP grind unless you pay again, in fact I do take offense to that line because it neglects to inform that you have to pay for XP conversion earned on Premium ships.

Players
1,426 posts
Just now, WWDragon said:

Yes because clearly they dont sell Tier IX ships.

Sell, yes, So it is not free.

1 minute ago, WWDragon said:

This is a loaded argument because they do sell ships with this line "Convert XP earned on Premium ships to Free XP and accelerate your progress in the game", if your argument is FREE then I point out the problem lies with XP curves as well Premium ships being useless for XP grind unless you pay again, in fact I do take offense to that line because it neglects to inform that you have to pay for XP conversion earned on Premium ships.

It is highly misleading to new players yes, i agree. But dont hate the player, hate the game. :) Tag the WG boys and tell them that it is misleading advertisement.

• Cool 2

Players
2,286 posts
Just now, CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF said:

Yes they will learn the hard way but they will learn 

What will they learn, what have we learned?

WG is a sharp money making company, sure it is sold as a f2p game, but they know, and we know, that people soon get fed up of the low tier pew pew stuff,the slow BB's, say for instance a new player  is grinding the German BB line, (like my alt was supposed to be doing:Smile_veryhappy:) and there dangled in front of you  like a carrot (keep it clean please) the Tirpitz, the temptation will be so strong, basic human psychology, people want better.

WG know this all too well.

• Funny 1

Players
2,286 posts
Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

Sell, yes, So it is not free.

It is highly misleading to new players yes, i agree. But dont hate the player, hate the game. :) Tag the WG boys and tell them that it is misleading advertisement.

They will ofc listen....

Then fall back in their chair with vodka fuelled nonchalance, da  comrade, dat is how it works, you want better you pay, you don't play WoW's, WoW's plays you:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 2

Players
23 posts
11,092 battles

People i am speaking about players that playing 4-5 years and they have millions of ship XP sitting and they can't use them to unlock new ships whatever tier to try something new that they may see fit to play better i have 13million ship XP if i have them right now i will already unlock DDS cruisers that i never have in 4 years that i play wows also i will level some of my captains. Players that new to the game can't see help from ship xp cause they don't got any in that number to buy tier 10.

• Bad 5

Players
23 posts
11,092 battles
5 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

What will they learn, what have we learned?

WG is a sharp money making company, sure it is sold as a f2p game, but they know, and we know, that people soon get fed up of the low tier pew pew stuff,the slow BB's, say for instance a new player  is grinding the German BB line, (like my alt was supposed to be doing:Smile_veryhappy:) and there dangled in front of you  like a carrot (keep it clean please) the Tirpitz, the temptation will be so strong, basic human psychology, people want better.

WG know this all too well.

they will learn that sit behind a rock leveling autism in legendary tiers as your team is dying is not winning the game.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-LA-]
Players
275 posts
2,430 battles
26 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF said:

I just don't see the reason y i must pay the already grind ship XP that i earn with blood with real money twice if someone see the reason plz explain to me.

its just marketing , its leaning on the sunk cost mechanic. its like those games where you win a locked box and it shows you what you have won but need a key to open, people spend more converting XP they think they already did most of the work getting , than they would if they just let you buy free xp at the same price.

scummy , underhanded , manipulative? maybe but they have made an obscene amount of cash so it clearly works.

• Cool 1

Players
23 posts
11,092 battles
1 minute ago, Padds01 said:

its just marketing , its leaning on the sunk cost mechanic. its like those games where you win a locked box and it shows you what you have won but need a key to open, people spend more converting XP they think they already did most of the work getting , than they would if they just let you buy free xp at the same price.

scummy , underhanded , manipulative? maybe but they have made an obscene amount of cash so it clearly works.

Wargaming wants balance well this is balance to me the players that grind with their personal time can have free ship XP to use and the one that has real money use real money BALANCE deal.

Players
23 posts
11,092 battles

If i want to use the ship XP that i grind with my personal time this will cost me 900 euro - 500,000 doubloons for 13milion ship XP you don't say in other words people no matter if you grind or you buy premium ships you will pay again in real money you don't say.

[NWP]
Players
6,812 posts
7,602 battles
7 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF said:

People i am speaking about players that playing 4-5 years and they have millions of ship XP sitting and they can't use them to unlock new ships whatever tier to try something new that they may see fit to play better i have 13million ship XP if i have them right now i will already unlock DDS cruisers that i never have in 4 years that i play wows also i will level some of my captains. Players that new to the game can't see help from ship xp cause they don't got any in that number to buy tier 10. 

After not even 1500 games, ive had >500 games played with Takao and stacked up close to 1 million ship XP there (which for current standards is quite bad actually, because Takao cant even mount a camo and we didnt have crazy flags back then either). 1 Million XP is basicly a TX grind.

And again: Grinding Ship XP is much easier than grinding FreeXP.

Players
1,426 posts

@CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF

You grind to gain xp to be able to unlock the next ship. If you then proceed to keep playing the previous ship because you like it, or it is a tier ten so there is nothing to unlock, then that is your own choice. 

• Cool 5

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,922 posts
3,640 battles

Must be friday, only time of the week where people can realistically think such a poi!ntless rant is going to resolve anything.

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,922 posts
3,640 battles
Just now, CAPTAIN_GEORGE_AVEROF said:

But in the end, one way or another fast or slow you will unlock them this makes no sense. 

About as much sense as you asking WG to wreck their own business model. 

Thankfully they are not THAT stupid.

• Cool 3