Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

Smash Pumpkins Event

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CAIN]
Players
3,432 posts
12,675 battles

So, NA has this little event going on, which is actually quite nice. 

Link.

It's basically a Halloween themed 'Bounty' event which NA helds occasionally, with CCs and volunteers with nice rewards (comm. Flag, aso.).

EU, obviously does not...  

 

I know it's some work setting those pumpkin accounts up, but that'd be a job you do once and then can have this event run each year, or even multiple times a year with different themes, pirates, space thingy, whatever charity thingy WG might be doing,...

 

Now, some may argue that: 

 

1. NA does this kind of stuff to motivate players to play, while EU has a bigger player base and there would be no need to go through all the effort 

2. Halloween is more a NA thing

3. needs volunteers

4. Snuffleupagus 

 

to which i reply: 

 

1. So? It'd be really nice if we'd get a similar event, not only the usual 'sink X ships, get 3 papa papa once per account' and 'grind millions of XP for jack'

    And, while EU does indeed have more players, that doesn't mean that WG should focus on getting new ones and leave the old ones in a swamp of grind fests which 

    barely qualify as 'fun', although with admittedly better rewards. 

2. And yet we have Halloween containers in the shop and the run of the mill Halloween event everybody else gets

    If an event is good enough to make money or to motivate players to come back on one server, it's good enough to be held on all servers

 

    Also, fun event> grind event 

 

3. I have no doubt whatsoever that there are enough people out there who'd volunteer

4. Cookie Monster. I win. ^^

 

 

So, @MrConway @Crysantos @Tuccy , any chance to get something like this in the hopefully not-so-distant future? 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,846 posts

“Halloween isn’t celebrated in the EU. Now go on and buy some Halloween-themed lootboxes while you’re at it”.  

  

Probably too much effort required from WG’s side to get it to work, same reason as to why we don’t have forum-contests anymore at all, whereas NA has on a bi-weekly basis (because Femmenenly actively works with the community).

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

Ah yes...

I renember a point when WG was bold enough to state that the french revolution/national hollyday is not a EU thing. :fish_book:

Ofc that should be the official answer here too, except ofc. the pumpkins in the shop. Those are totally relevant and a EU thing.

 

Well but I guess the real answer is that it's a regional CC initative which can't be expected to be expanded to all servers, only because some CC on the other side of the big pond had a fresh idea. :cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,620 posts
10,381 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

“Halloween isn’t celebrated in the EU. Now go on and buy some Halloween-themed lootboxes while you’re at it”.  

  

Probably too much effort required from WG’s side to get it to work, same reason as to why we don’t have forum-contests anymore at all, whereas NA has on a bi-weekly basis (because Femmenenly actively works with the community).

It's only a matter of time before Scrooge McWargaming tell us Christmas is no longer celebrated anywhere either, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
3,432 posts
12,675 battles
Just now, Shaka_D said:

It's only a matter of time before Scrooge McWargaming tell us Christmas is no longer celebrated anywhere either, lol.

Actually, they kinda tried that with the Xmas convoy thingy...and it backfired spectacularly. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,803 posts
2,824 battles
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

So, NA has this little event going on, which is actually quite nice. 

Link.

It's basically a Halloween themed 'Bounty' event which NA helds occasionally, with CCs and volunteers with nice rewards (comm. Flag, aso.).

EU, obviously does not...  

 

I know it's some work setting those pumpkin accounts up, but that'd be a job you do once and then can have this event run each year, or even multiple times a year with different themes, pirates, space thingy, whatever charity thingy WG might be doing,...

 

Now, some may argue that: 

 

1. NA does this kind of stuff to motivate players to play, while EU has a bigger player base and there would be no need to go through all the effort 

2. Halloween is more a NA thing

3. needs volunteers

4. Snuffleupagus 

  

to which i reply: 

 

1. So? It'd be really nice if we'd get a similar event, not only the usual 'sink X ships, get 3 papa papa once per account' and 'grind millions of XP for jack'

    And, while EU does indeed have more players, that doesn't mean that WG should focus on getting new ones and leave the old ones in a swamp of grind fests which 

    barely qualify as 'fun', although with admittedly better rewards. 

2. And yet we have Halloween containers in the shop and the run of the mill Halloween event everybody else gets

    If an event is good enough to make money or to motivate players to come back on one server, it's good enough to be held on all servers

 

    Also, fun event> grind event 

 

3. I have no doubt whatsoever that there are enough people out there who'd volunteer

4. Cookie Monster. I win. ^^

 

 

So, @MrConway @Crysantos @Tuccy , any chance to get something like this in the hopefully not-so-distant future? 

 

I personally am not a fan of the event as it encourages people to play very differently in random battles to get the kill on the designated account.

 

While I also like aspects, I think it would result in a lot of frustration through aspects that you guys often complain about:

  • Kill missions
  • RNG
    • Have to get in battle with the account
    • Have to be on the right flank to fight the account
    • Have to sink the ship being piloted by the account
  • Changed meta 
    • People will change the way they play to get the kill

 

I'm sure we could find a lot of volunteers to take part, but that is not the reason I don't want to do this - hope you understand.

 

55 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

@Crysantos, what gives?

 

also, NA gets a hidden bonus-mission as well: https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/no-the-url-isnt-a-hint/

 

 

Its a global event, but I'm not going to give you any undue hints here ;)

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
3,432 posts
12,675 battles
2 minutes ago, MrConway said:

 

I personally am not a fan of the event as it encourages people to play very differently in random battles to get the kill on the designated account.

 

While I also like aspects, I think it would result in a lot of frustration through aspects that you guys often complain about:

  • Kill missions
  • RNG
    • Have to get in battle with the account
    • Have to be on the right flank to fight the account
    • Have to sink the ship being piloted by the account
  • Changed meta 
    • People will change the way they play to get the kill

 

I'm sure we could find a lot of volunteers to take part, but that is not the reason I don't want to do this - hope you understand.

 

 

Its a global event, but I'm not going to give you any undue hints here ;)

 

You certainly have a point there, it would indeed have some negative effects. And nobody wants to have even worse play then it alreadfy is/ can be.

But then, some people are already throwing games to get a kill, switching flanks because they don't like a certain letter (spawn at A, sail to C and die there).  

 

But maybe, just maybe, some of these issues could be mitigated to some Degree, so the idea of having such an event moves into the realm of at least theoretically possible? 

Say, instead of having one Pumpkin sail around, put them into divisions of two or three under the condition that, if the team doesn't lemming, they spread out so each flank gets the opportunity to carve up a pumpkin. 

Now, with larger divisions comes the issue of having enough players, but i think we have enough players and clans who would be willing to contribute. 

I think, one should not underestimate the attraction it has on players, of doing something different, to escape the hamster wheel of grind that each large event inevitably comes with. 

 

Another Suggestion would be to limit the tiers at which the hunt can be played, as well as the times during which the hunt is on.

Tiers 5-7 would be nice, as it wouldn't affect the high tiers (that much), and at lower tiers most players play anyway like pumpkins (no pun intended^^). 

 

At least that's what i came up in a hurry. 

 

But even without any downsides, i think it'd be too late to set something up for this years Halloween.

Any Chance for us to get our hands on that Halloween commemorative flag? 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPOLER WARNING---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOILERS FOR THE SECRET MSSION, BE WARNED!!! 

 

Have to check where this all leads when i get home.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SV]
Players
269 posts
8,039 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

“Halloween isn’t celebrated in the EU. Now go on and buy some Halloween-themed lootboxes while you’re at it”.  

  

Probably too much effort required from WG’s side to get it to work, same reason as to why we don’t have forum-contests anymore at all, whereas NA has on a bi-weekly basis (because Femmenenly actively works with the community).

yes we do alteast in sweden but we call it alla helgons natt = all saints night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,846 posts
43 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I personally am not a fan of the event as it encourages people to play very differently in random battles to get the kill on the designated account.

In my book that argument is moot, since one of the missions in this weeks directives is “score 40 torpedo hits”. Which means there are a lot of DD’s who leave caps for what they are, flank the long way around and then farm BB’s. Also throwing “normal gameplay” out of the window... and that is not an issue?  

  

Also having such “kill-missions” would spice up the overly passive meta on the EU a bit and entice people to leave their islandfu for once. We’ve seen how static and slow the EU gameplay is compared to the NA one one KoTS.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×