You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valoaa

What happened to Slava/Pobeda?

42 comments in this topic

Players
313 posts

Smolensk is still causing waves in the playerbase so you have to wait untill they release the fully balans popeda/slava.

Dont worry it will come.

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Players
130 posts
7,318 battles
4 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Smolensk is still causing waves in the playerbase so you have to wait untill they release the fully balans popeda/slava.

Dont worry it will come.

Exactly what I was thinking.

But then I thought all that will happen is 9 over-pens on perfect waterline broadside Smolensk. 

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,334 posts
9,319 battles

I am pretty sure it will come in the next 60 days.

And it will cost steel.

Capture.png

Players
1,643 posts
3,193 battles
11 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Was she canned/shelved? Did I miss something?

As soon as WG have milked every ruble they can from Smolensk, the next stronk RU boat will be released, probably around the start time for a competitive mode at it's tier.

But don't worry comrades, Spreadsheet says it  won't be OP, it's use is very situational.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
173 posts
9,245 battles

Reckon Thunderer is the closest you can get to playing Slava / Pobeda these days.

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Players
130 posts
7,318 battles
1 minute ago, Fat_Maniac said:

As soon as WG have milked every ruble they can from Smolensk, the next stronk RU boat will be released, probably around the start time for a competitive mode at it's tier.

But don't worry comrades, Spreadsheet says it  won't be OP, it's use is very situational.

Hahaha

How to Balance Smolensk

Slava: Yes

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,897 battles
3 minutes ago, MMASK said:

Reckon Thunderer is the closest you can get to playing Slava / Pobeda these days.

While the accuracy comes close at large distances, what makes Slava special in comparison are the ballistics.

These ballistics make shots at large distances much easier and shells hit harder.

Players
1,643 posts
3,193 battles
1 minute ago, valoaa said:

Hahaha

How to Balance Smolensk

Slava: Yes

I took great joy in ending a Smolensk with HIV AP shells yesterday during CB. My disappointment was that it took me two salvos to do it.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
608 posts
7,599 battles

This ship is what a I need, a ship with reliable guns on all possible ranges finally! I am already tired of garbage ships with troll dispersion like high tiers soviet battleships,german battleships, atrocious super cruisers and even some destroyers!

• Cool 1

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
242 posts
5,225 battles

Yes just what we need after all those napkin fantasy soviet BBs -- that the Soviets make the laws of physics work in reverse too.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
3,432 posts
12,735 battles
1 minute ago, fumtu said:

Hopefully this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZoxJz8kP8_PhTUE_eAxw

So much of this and then some more. 

This ship should never ever enter the live server unless it gets the nerf hammer treatment.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,660 posts
2,865 battles
59 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Flamu released a video, in May, on the Pobeda. As far as he demonstrated, the Pobeda offers extreme accuracy, at long range, in a Russian battleship. The undertitle of the video is "Russian Bias Defined", and Flamu - to quote - begs WG to "never release this monstrosity".

So if the Pobeda is described as being "situational", I guess the situation where she would be useful would apparently be if she ever finds herself in a battle where the opposing teams start off at opposite ends of the map. As situational restrictions go, this one could perhaps be thought of as being less than crippling.

The sad part of this, as I see it, is that the new line of Russian battleships is otherwise designed to encourage battleship players to fulfil the BB role and be useful to their team. Russian battleships are tanky as hell and have good accuracy at close range, but have very bad accuracy at long range. This will obviously encourage Russian BB players to push in and seek out close contact with the enemy, which is - broadly speaking  - what battleships are designed to do in this game. So well done there, Wargaming!

It deserves to be said that Wargaming's World of Warships department have shown themselves apt at employing the carrot rather than the stick, when they are trying to influence player behaviour. An example of this is how the majority of available in-game missions are restricted to ships of tiers V and above, which serves to reinforce the lower tiers function as a training ground for new players rather than being a club house for seal clubbers. Veteran players are not punished for playing at lower tiers, but they are rewarded for playing at tiers V and above. This is the right way to go about it, in my opinion - so once again, well done in that regard, Wargaming! (World of Tanks went the other way and chose the stick rather than the carrot, enforcing a tilted matchmaking below tier V so that players with a certain number of battles played got continually uptiered whenever they went out in tanks of tiers IV and below. This, to my mind, was a less than ideal way of handling things. Someone else must have thought so too, since things have now changed in that regard.)

I am not one to paint every new idea in black, and I have a generally high opinion of the World of Warships development team. But do I confess that after watching Flamu's Pobeda video, I've been hoping to never see that ship in the game. Encouraging border camping and long range battleship sniper playstyles, is not what this game needs. I light of the on-going Smolensk debate, it might also be advisable to show some restraint in releasing another controversial Russian premium.

To sum it up, I hope we will never see a battleship like the Pobeda (as shown in Flamu's video) being introduced into the game. Consequently, and if Wargaming still decides to release the Pobeda, I hope that she will by then have been changed to conform to the more beneficial close-quarters brawling style of other Russian battleships.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
3,409 posts
18,948 battles
2 minutes ago, quickr said:

SoonTM  In research bureau near you!

I am afraid this is a legit option and its OFC total bollock if it happens as many of us who double grounded through the "sovytski soyuz" (once to get kreml and once again same xp amount for future slava branchoff) got shafted... :Smile-angry:

Players
7,889 posts
9,545 battles
45 minutes ago, valoaa said:

But then I thought all that will happen is 9 over-pens on perfect waterline broadside Smolensk. 

After all, it takes russian to fight russian :cap_tea:

Wild guess she will appear as RB ship for another season, alongside Puerto Rico

[CR33D]
Players
1,944 posts
21,549 battles
6 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Russian battleships are tanky as hell and have good accuracy at close range, but have very bad accuracy at long range.

In theory this is how Soviet BBs should work, but from my experience their accuracy at long range is not much/if actually worse than of other nation BBs. Kremlin is as scary on long range as it is on close range.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,660 posts
2,865 battles
5 minutes ago, fumtu said:

In theory this is how Soviet BBs should work, but from my experience they accuracy at long range is not much/if actually worse than of other nation BBs. Kremlin is as scary on long range as it is on close range.

Yes, so I've heard - but wasn't the Kremlin nerfed rather recently?

I have played against Russian battleships of low- to middle tiers, and I've found them quite manageable. If they show broadside, they can be citadelled without much trouble (that's if you're in a battleship, obviously. If you're in a cruiser or a destroyer, either torp them or stay the hell away and try burning them down). It might be different at higher tiers, of course, and I guess I may also have just been lucky! :Smile_Default:

Players
7,889 posts
9,545 battles
Just now, Procrastes said:

I have played against Russian battleships of low- to middle tiers, and I've found them quite manageable. If they show broadside, they can be citadelled without much trouble. It might be different at higher tiers, of course, and I guess I may also have just been lucky! :Smile_Default:

Nerf was applied to shell damage, so AP now deals "only" 14500 on citadel.

About as "nerf" as Hosho one. Something changed, but doesn't even remotely solve an issue.

5 minutes ago, fumtu said:

In theory this is how Soviet BBs should work, but from my experience their accuracy at long range is not much/if actually worse than of other nation BBs. Kremlin is as scary on long range as it is on close range.

3ebhki.jpg

Weekend Tester
1,023 posts
6,352 battles

Hopefully in the depths of hell where it belongs with the rest of its Russian bias.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
Players
1,944 posts
21,549 battles
6 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Its AP and HE alpha nerfed. Now it deals a tad less damage per shell. And while this have small impact on pen on longer ranges it is a buff on closer range. So ... nerf but not exactly a nerf

I have played against Russian battleships of low- to middle tiers, and I've found them quite manageable. If they show broadside, they can be citadelled without much trouble. It might be different at higher tiers, of course, and I guess I may also have just been lucky! :Smile_Default:

Sure they are not indestructible. This doesn't make them balanced. Yes IF THEY SHOW broadside you can citadel them, but IF THEY DON'T? Basically they greatest weakness is if player potato and don't know when to turn. Cool design.

[JRM]
Players
3,409 posts
18,948 battles
Just now, fumtu said:

Sure they are not indestructible. This doesn't make them balanced. Yes IF THEY SHOW you can citadel them, but IF THEY DON'T? Basically they greatest weakness is if player potato and don't know when to turn. Cool design.

Kreml is, well I am speachless really, few days ago I played a match on Sleeping Giant, spawned left south side so I went full throttle to west A enterance following my DDs ans cruisers...

Would you belive me if I told you I didnt even need to lower speed the whole match, yust full throttle and shoot, shoot, heal a bit, soot more, we won in 10min 200k damage...

Players
992 posts
7,426 battles

we need another Russian ship... :Smile_child:

NOT

NOT

NOT

NOT not not not NOT not not

• Cool 1