You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major1999

Give planes of CVs a range limit

9 comments in this topic

Players
29 posts

Artillery cannons have a limited range, torpedoes have it too, just planes from carriers havnt a limited range ... WHY ?!

I am now since the start onboard and can say, CVs changed the hole gameplay but not just in the good direction.

Battles without them are ... how should i discribe it ... they are just perfect, no damn torpedoes or bombs just fighters and scout planes, just perfect.

Battles with them are mostly just frustrating, no matter if you loose or win this damn carrier park in a corner and are mostly at the end in the top section of the list, or you get a cv beginner and your team have at start 2 ships less.

These things had never been included in WoWs, but we have them now in game and they sell them now also as premiums, so i think not they will remove them.

My idea:

Give the planes of CVs a limited range and mybe buff all aa on ships except CVs.

I had some pretty frustrating games now and are a bit pissed off, so sorry if i am a bit harsh, ouh and please be faire in the comments below :)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
82 posts
728 battles
1 hour ago, Major1999 said:

Artillery cannons have a limited range, torpedoes have it too, just planes from carriers havnt a limited range ... WHY ?!

I am now since the start onboard and can say, CVs changed the hole gameplay but not just in the good direction.

Battles without them are ... how should i discribe it ... they are just perfect, no damn torpedoes or bombs just fighters and scout planes, just perfect.

Battles with them are mostly just frustrating, no matter if you loose or win this damn carrier park in a corner and are mostly at the end in the top section of the list, or you get a cv beginner and your team have at start 2 ships less.

These things had never been included in WoWs, but we have them now in game and they sell them now also as premiums, so i think not they will remove them.

My idea:

Give the planes of CVs a limited range and mybe buff all aa on ships except CVs.

I had some pretty frustrating games now and are a bit pissed off, so sorry if i am a bit harsh, ouh and please be faire in the comments below :)

1. planes DO have a range limit.

2. players are given a SKILL to launch fighter planes to intercept the cv planes thats OP powered

3. learn to set your AA and work together with your team

I would suggest you try and play a CV before speaking.

No bombs? try hitting a bomb run against a battleship, you MIGHT get lucky and land run then the entire squad is gone.

No torps? Seriously? CV torps go WAY less distance than DD torps and thusly has to be launched way closer...which means casualties in torp planes.

So what you suggest then? make CV useless just cause you do not want to learn the new gameplay? would that make you happy?

I would LOOOOVE it if my airplanes instead of bombs has a 160 inch gun attacked to them so I could shoot down a warship in 2-3 shots....

maybe make that a skill same as warships suddenly got an aircraft carrier style protection flight squadron that in a swoop can erase a squad of cv fighters.

/end

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,954 posts
17,023 battles
21 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

1. planes DO have a range limit.

2. players are given a SKILL to launch fighter planes to intercept the cv planes thats OP powered

3. learn to set your AA and work together with your team

1. Wat.

2. While the catapult fighter is the most powerful AA consumable, it does have its counters. Learn how to deal with them.

3. SR is useless and massing AA doesn't have any effect unless your team doesn't want any map control, at which point you lose anyway so the enemy CV still wins.

Git gud.

• Cool 7

[JRM]
Players
3,387 posts
18,837 battles
4 hours ago, Major1999 said:

Well maybe because an average naval artillery piece of BB caliber has maximum range of like 40 km and say a TBF Avenger has a range of 1600 km?

AA could be better but then again how to actually make it better without killing off the CV population completely seems to evade the game devs....

[THESO]
Players
490 posts
9,234 battles

Part of the idea of CV's is the ability to strike across the whole map. Play accordingly?

The range is a double-edged sword though. One of the common mistakes by new CV players is keeping the hull way too back, relying on the unlimited strike distance. Half the distance double the DPM, or fairly close, especially when top-tier and the risk of being deplaned is low. 

[FABER]
Players
451 posts
5,326 battles
2 ore fa, El2aZeR ha scritto:

2. While the catapult fighter is the most powerful AA consumable, it does have its counters. Learn how to deal with them.

Mmmh, interesting, may I have a quick summary of this methods? :fish_book:

Players
2,441 posts
12,204 battles

A shell, a launched projectile.

A plane, with its own fuel supply.

Hummm, I wonder why they don’t have the same distance mechanics :fish_book:

[G-S-W]
Beta Tester
154 posts
8,024 battles

Planes range is already ingame, you just need to zoom way out of map. :cap_haloween:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,954 posts
17,023 battles
46 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Mmmh, interesting, may I have a quick summary of this methods? :fish_book:

- If the enemy ship launches late, counter it with your own fighter (timing needs to be very precise here if the enemy has good AA) or just accel bail after the attack if you can't make another one.

- If the enemy ship launches early, shorten your squad until you only have two attack wings left. One will get chewed up by AA anyway, so you can make one attack and lose practically the same amount of aircraft as you would normally. This can often be translated into a slingshot.

- Know the cd. One launch usually means your follow up will be able to go through unhindered unless your target is stupidly far away while the fighter will be up again guaranteed on your third strike. Plan accordingly.

- Fighter can be cheesed with TB heal and after attack immunity if timed right.

• Cool 2