You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ferry_25

Doubloon warning!!!

30 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
4,379 posts
12,066 battles

Just send a ticket how I managed to lose over 10k doubloons and just found the answer. It's the Italian cruiser containers. I spared italian tokens to exchange for the containers. But turns out the containers are only obtainable with doubloons instead of the token points. So DON'T pick them. Your token points will be just the same and your doubloons will be deducted!!! If you select the containers there is no way to chose for the points!!!!! I discovered I lost nearly 10K doubloons over this...

Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.656e2f8c9da36a01e8b79639103bee09.jpgClipboard01.thumb.jpg.e18286d356b27e02e5b090466e290b95.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 11

[_I_]
Players
67 posts
14,900 battles

As far as I can see, it says quite clearly that they cost dubloons. 

Why anyone would want to spend dubloons on crates is another question I do not understand..

[-AP-]
Players
1,927 posts
4,797 battles

i... have no words..

it literally says it costs doubloons right there...

• Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
2,420 posts
11,028 battles

Er.. matey, those are the Premium containers. Clearly they cost doubloons, but they give you bonus Italian Tokens (and that's what they're promoting).

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,498 posts

The prize for items in the armory is always listed in the lower left corner.

Everything else is decorative or informative. So the tokens you see on those premium container are only there to tell you that you gain this many of them for your purchase.

Why should a premium container even be less expensive then the normal ones? What made you think that this might be possible with Wargaming (or any other company)?

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
576 posts

If you're not used to it, it could look like they cost tokens.... you know, if you turn your head a bit to the right, tilt it to the left and squint left eye a bit...

• Funny 3

Players
1,319 posts
16,525 battles

Funny. I was looking at the pics this morning thinking it might not be the best idea to include tokens and gold amounts in one and the same pic. Someone might confuse their meaning....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,918 posts
3,640 battles
Just now, Europizza said:

Funny. I was looking at the pics this morning thinking it might not be the best idea to include tokens and gold amounts in one and the same pic. Someone might confuse their meaning....

And that's why you should never make armory purchases while any of the following: Short on sleep, angry, impatient, or drunk.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,313 posts
9,223 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

And that's why you should never make armory purchases while any of the following: Short on sleep, angry, impatient, or drunk.

i usually tick all the boxes, but thats just how i function.

• Funny 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,918 posts
3,640 battles
Just now, kfa said:

i usually tick all the boxes, but thats just how i function.

Don't take this the wrong way but..CS must love you.

[HOB]
1,583 posts
6,626 battles

If you not opened boxes, there is a high chance that you will get back doubloons. If opened - too late.

[P-W-C]
Players
5,247 posts
28,726 battles

Some people have some real sight issues... Like... How could you miss that?! There's a dubloon one and token one. Weekend didn't start yet and you're already not recognizing things :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
516 posts
10,749 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

Just send a ticket how I managed to lose over 10k doubloons and just found the answer. It's the Italian cruiser containers. I spared italian tokens to exchange for the containers. But turns out the containers are only obtainable with doubloons instead of the token points. So DON'T pick them. Your token points will be just the same and your doubloons will be deducted!!! If you select the containers there is no way to chose for the points!!!!! I discovered I lost nearly 10K doubloons over this...

WG sure loves people like you. With 12k battles under your belt you should know the little tricks WG uses to part the unwary from their doubloons and money.

[SRW]
Players
605 posts
5,134 battles

Twelve. Thousand. Battles. Over Four. Years.

Just a quick question... How many containers did you buy? Over 10k probably means 12.500 doubloons?  10 (premium) containers then?

How were you planning to buy 10 Italian containers if you have only 171 tokens and one (regular) Italian container costs 70 tokens?

[JRM]
Players
3,342 posts
18,738 battles
7 hours ago, lafeel said:

Any purchases if any kind!

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,918 posts
3,640 battles
6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Any purchases if any kind!

Or indeed any purchases.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
61 posts
1,049 battles

To be fair, I got bamboozled as well and thought "Hey, 22 Containers for 1100 tokens or 24k gold". Took me a moment to realize.

• Cool 1

[NVDIA]
[NVDIA]
Players
763 posts
3,881 battles
Vor 10 Stunden, lafeel sagte:

True words

The last one surprised me next morning...suddenly a wild Atlanta has appeared in my Port. But it clearly wasn't me who purchased it. They should charge Jack Daniels the costs.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,851 battles

Sorry, but if there is a doubloon price right above the button that you click, it is not "misleading" anymore.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,644 posts

those premium containers give 50 tokens AND other stuff...so how could they be priced with 50 tokens?