WG_Lumberjack

PTS - 0.8.10 - Italian Arc pt. II

48 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,309 posts
4,017 battles

Italian Cruisers ● New Season of Ranked Battles ● Visual and Other Enhancements

Italian Cruisers

The Italian arc continues! With the release of Update 0.8.10, the branch of Italian cruisers will become available for everyone to research.

The "Resolute and Rapid" collection dedicated to the history of the Italian Navy is set to appear in the game. It consists of four sections with four items in each. You’ll be rewarded with 1 day of Premium Account for completing each section, while the ultimate reward for completing the entire collection is an achievement and a unique Italian Commander, Luigi Sansonetti, who possesses the following talents:

• Scorched by Fury activates when you are awarded the "High Caliber" achievement and reduces the reload time of your main battery guns.
  • Triumphant Haul activates after you destroy an enemy ship and extends the firing range of your main battery guns. Can be activated only once per battle.
  • Desperate Resistance activates after you score a specified number of main battery shell hit ribbons and prolongs the action time for all consumables. Can be activated only once per battle.

798b39f0-f4c8-11e9-9f0d-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

These Commander talents are not available in Training or Clan battles. Besides the aforementioned talents, this Italian Commander boasts two enhanced skills: Expert Loader and Torpedo Acceleration.

Like other unique historical Commanders, Luigi Sansonetti has special personalizations: a broad pennant, colored shell tracers, and a signal flare that’s fired over the ship when one of his talents is activated.

You can get containers with the collection items:
  • From Daily Shipments
  • As a reward for completing Directives of the "Italian Cruisers: Part 2" event
  • In the Armory using Mediterranean Tokens—a new temporary resource

Mediterranean Tokens are given as a reward for completing missions of the Directives and Daily Missions.

Elements of the collection can be obtained from the relevant event containers only.

[ACNAF]
Players
895 posts
25,165 battles

I don't see the same description in the PTS for the Scorched by Fury talent.

Spoiler

aab14d9243.png

Error or a hint for later ?

Players
36 posts
2,349 battles

UM unlock and research the ITALIAN cruisers, Apart from the fact no one can unlock or research them how do we test the ITALIAN cruisers if we can not even see them in the PTS.

The only ones available are on the live main servers.

Just a thought but if you want us to test some thing it may be a good idea to let us test them ??

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,452 posts
3,771 battles
Před 8 hodinami Juesty_Tylor řekl/a:

I don't see the same description in the PTS for the Scorched by Fury talent.

Skrýt obsah

aab14d9243.png

Error or a hint for later ?

What exactly is wrong according to you?

In artwork It is written in different style, but it is the same. Basically after achieving High Caliber in battle your reload time of main guns reduces by 5%

Players
36 posts
2,349 battles

So as wargaming have not responded, who is testing the ITALIAN cruisers if the community is not able to test them, or even see them in the PTS until they are in the live servers !!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????????...

In fact if every body checks you will see that there are no ITALIAN ships in the PTS at all..

• Cool 1

[OP-B]
Players
21 posts
13,094 battles

Two aircraft carries in a game.  I gues its back to those games where there are no DD,s or just those with decent AA.

[CATS]
Players
20,506 posts
12,561 battles
On 10/24/2019 at 3:00 PM, WG_Lumberjack said:

I once again suggest that SAP shells do less damage than AP shells, but more than normal HE shells.

• AP shells need are role, if SAP does more damage than AP, AP is useless, except on citadels, and we all know how good you can predict these with long reloads
  • you can then speed up the reload, which gives players a better handling of the ships
  • you could reduce the SAP damage by 20% globally and also reduce the reload of the guns by 20% globally, SAP DPM would not change
  • yes, AP DPM would increase, but I do not see a problem there, considering the still slow reload

Apart from that I suggest to take a look at the italian cruisers individually, some of them are in need of tweaking.

I know that you prefer more data before implementing changes, but the state of Genova for example is pretty obvious. Reducing her reload by one second will help her a bit, but is not too much that you need to fear that she becomes too strong. But the players will see that you noted the problem and are willing to do something about it.

[BS4]
Players
1,132 posts
6,321 battles
On 10/25/2019 at 2:36 AM, Cmdr_Han_Solo said:

UM unlock and research the ITALIAN cruisers, Apart from the fact no one can unlock or research them how do we test the ITALIAN cruisers if we can not even see them in the PTS.

The only ones available are on the live main servers.

Just a thought but if you want us to test some thing it may be a good idea to let us test them ??

21 hours ago, Cmdr_Han_Solo said:

So as wargaming have not responded, who is testing the ITALIAN cruisers if the community is not able to test them, or even see them in the PTS until they are in the live servers !!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????????...

In fact if every body checks you will see that there are no ITALIAN ships in the PTS at all..

A little confused on this myself being new to public test.

Perhaps this was only available at the start of part 1? And you had to unlock them? perhaps if we ask nicely @ColonelPete or @WG_Lumberjack might be able to shed some light on this as to why they are not in PTS atm?

[CATS]
Players
20,506 posts
12,561 battles

I have no idea.

I say the more we test, the better.

Completly unlocking the whole italian tech tree on the PTS might even bring more testers on the test server and that will bring more and better data.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,789 posts

when was the PTS used to test new ships? PTS is to test new specials, events, mechanics, maps, game modes, ...

21 hours ago, Cmdr_Han_Solo said:

who is testing the ITALIAN cruisers

as usual STs, Devs, CCs,.... on the live server...

• Cool 3

[BS4]
Players
1,132 posts
6,321 battles
4 hours ago, Klopirat said:

when was the PTS used to test new ships? PTS is to test new specials, events, mechanics, maps, game modes, ...

Right....Got it. Makes perfect sense (not:Smile_facepalm:)...were not worthy i guess ship wise,,,

So basically we need to check to see if things have been implanted correctly and to imform WG when there not working as intended? And in what looks like a ridicolously short time to do it. 

4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I have no idea.

Completly unlocking the whole italian tech tree on the PTS might even bring more testers on the test server and that will bring more and better data.

Couldn't agree more...

WG Staff
2,309 posts
4,017 battles
On 10/27/2019 at 10:09 AM, Klopirat said:

:Smile_great: this
Also afaik there was a possibility to try them on earlier PTs.

On 10/27/2019 at 10:23 AM, SeaWolf7 said:

Right....Got it. Makes perfect sense (not:Smile_facepalm:)...were not worthy i guess ship wise,,,

So basically we need to check to see if things have been implanted correctly and to imform WG when there not working as intended? And in what looks like a ridicolously short time to do it. 

Couldn't agree more...

It's not about being worthy or not. 

On 10/27/2019 at 9:59 AM, ColonelPete said:

I have no idea.

That's not always the case.

[SRW]
Players
693 posts
5,237 battles

Nah, just keep them locked until they are on a live server with little to none testing and then have a miserable outcome like with the current Italian cruisers nobody is happy with.

It's fine to make a mistake, it's not fine to not acknowledge it and continue making the same ones.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,789 posts
9 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Nah, just keep them locked until they are on a live server with little to none testing and then have a miserable outcome like with the current Italian cruisers nobody is happy with.

testing test ships on the PTS wouldn't give any useful results regarding balancing, since the "play style" on the PTS cannot be compared to the Live Server...

[SRW]
Players
693 posts
5,237 battles
14 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

testing test ships on the PTS wouldn't give any useful results regarding balancing, since the "play style" on the PTS cannot be compared to the Live Server...

And 'balancing' is the only aspect of a ship?

Other comments on how the ship performs and many other things are irrelevant?

Why do we do anything on the PTS if it cannot be compared to the live server?

[TAW]
Players
203 posts
6,461 battles
On 10/29/2019 at 9:38 AM, WG_Lumberjack said:

:Smile_great: this
Also afaik there was a possibility to try them on earlier PTs.

It's not about being worthy or not. 

That's not always the case.

So only the early versions of ships including premiums are ever tested by actual players on PT. Subsequent tests are then only ever made by Dev's, ST's & CC's any changes following those are made pretty much in secret allowing ships in the state of Yahagi and Genova to go live, while potential customers for those ships only have the early test results to go on?

Players
36 posts
2,349 battles

Come on whats going on we keep getting asked to help test but their is nothing to test, we are in round two of the Italian cruisers that we are supposed to be testing but their is still no way to test them because they are still locked, in the PTS i.e. their is no repeat no repeat no Italian ships at all in the PTS.

So who is testing them and why are they testing them when none of the normal players that want to test them can even see them, if you want to see any of the Italian ships you have to be in the  live servers or is that the test server im baffled by the fact that their is no way to help test any thing.

Or is it still the devs and specially invited players that are doing the testing in locked servers because so far I have never been able to test any thing so why invite me to help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!……………….

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
3,464 posts
3,182 battles
10 hours ago, Cmdr_Han_Solo said:

Come on whats going on we keep getting asked to help test but their is nothing to test, we are in round two of the Italian cruisers that we are supposed to be testing but their is still no way to test them because they are still locked, in the PTS i.e. their is no repeat no repeat no Italian ships at all in the PTS.

So who is testing them and why are they testing them when none of the normal players that want to test them can even see them, if you want to see any of the Italian ships you have to be in the  live servers or is that the test server im baffled by the fact that their is no way to help test any thing.

Or is it still the devs and specially invited players that are doing the testing in locked servers because so far I have never been able to test any thing so why invite me to help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!……………….

Hi,

For public test n2 it's possible to test the Italian cruisers as you can see just here.

[SRW]
Players
693 posts
5,237 battles

It's normal for the PTS.

Depends how many players are online.

[OSB]
Players
4 posts

La voz en español parece la de un pirata del siglo XVI. Es mala. Seguro que se puede mejorar.

The voice in Spanish looks like that of a 16th century pirate. It's bad. Certainly can be improved.

[_VV_]
Players
40 posts
5,354 battles

a 5° angle buff for SAP? thats it? how is that supposed to double SAP DPM to get close to HE?

you do realize you have to include firedamage to HE to compare it to SAP, right?

im not sure what exel sheets WG uses, but mine tell me that SAP is nowhere close to "mediocre".