WG_Lumberjack

PTS - 0.8.10 - General feedback

52 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,278 posts
3,986 battles

Commanders, welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.8.10!

The "Italian Cruisers: Part 2" event, a new Season of Ranked Battles, and maps that have been updated to incorporate the reworked lighting model! These and many other improvements await you in the 0.8.10 Public Test! Take a look through the Developer Bulletin, and welcome to the test!

Round 1 Schedule

Starts Thu. 24 Oct. 18:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 24 Oct. 18:30
Ends Mon. 28 Oct. 17:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Mon. 28 Oct. 16:30

Special Features of the Test

For each 2,000 base XP you earn in Ranked or Random Battles, you'll be awarded with five Resolute and Rapid containers on the Public Test server. This way you'll be able to complete the collection more quickly during the test.

The "Italian Cruisers: Part 2" event, a new Ranked Battles Season, and maps that have been updated to incorporate the new lighting model! These and many other improvements await you in the 0.8.10 Public Test!

IMPORTANT! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Some changes and new features may be removed entirely or implemented differently by the time the update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the Update is released.

Italian Cruisers ● New Season of Ranked Battles ● Visual and Other Enhancements

[DAVY]
Players
16 posts
26,066 battles

Anyone else think the requirements for the Autumn season are a bit over the top AGAIN? Come on WG you are asking a hell of a lot for such a short time

• Cool 4

[MPT]
Players
26 posts
10,675 battles
2 hours ago, _Captain_Clueless_ said:

Anyone else think the requirements for the Autumn season are a bit over the top AGAIN? Come on WG you are asking a hell of a lot for such a short time

A bit over the top is an understatement. I think it's absolutely insane and disgusting... We have enough grinding to do on the live server, now we have to grind an insane amount on the PTS too?
1.5 million damage would be a huge amount on itself, but the 750k torp/CV damage is absolutely laughable. It's a f--king joke, really.
The dude, that came up with these requirements is on crack and crazy too, probably. Or had too much vodka...

Also, CO-OP battles are just as shitty as before. You should change the requirement for losses and wins in CO-OP battles. The problem is, that bots are dying so fast, they run out of points. So you should probably change CO-OP battles, so bots can ONLY lose, if they ALL die, or humans cap on standard battle. CO-OP battle length is literally 4 minutes on average. Usually there are two full hp bot BBs alive, when the game ends at the 3:30 minute mark, because the bots are out of points. Domination battles are even worse, because there is no base for bots, so they don't generate any points. Standard battles are a bit better, but most of the time standard battles are over in 4 minutes too...

So yeah, 8 on 8 or 9 on 9, it doesn't really matter. Change the requirement for winning/losing a battle in CO-OP, that would help.

But then again, we all know, that WG doesn't give a damn about feedback, so why do i even bother suggesting anything? I don't know.

• Cool 1

Players
533 posts
9,203 battles

Regarding the starting bonuses:

Starting Bonuses

• At the start of the Public Test, all participants will have Tier VIII ships helmed by Commanders with 15 skill points credited to their PT accounts.
  • The research prices for ships and ship modules will be substantially discounted.
  • As always, 500,000,000 credits and 30,000 doubloons will be added to your PT account.
  • 14 days of Warships Premium Account will be credited to all PT accounts.
  • A large set of signals of all types (except for special signals) will also be added to your PT account to help your testing.
  • Players will be able to reset Commander skills at the cost of 1 doubloon for 1 skill point.

I've just logged in to the PTS and it is carrying forward the previous PTS account state. Which was originally a copy of the live account from months ago. It's got to the point now where I'd prefer to have a default state with no Premium Ships; at least I would have the Doubloons and 14 days Premium Time to make the Autumn missions grind less grind-y.

[K-W-O]
Players
42 posts
20,468 battles
12 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

Regarding the starting bonuses:

I've just logged in to the PTS and it is carrying forward the previous PTS account state. Which was originally a copy of the live account from months ago. It's got to the point now where I'd prefer to have a default state with no Premium Ships; at least I would have the Doubloons and 14 days Premium Time to make the Autumn missions grind less grind-y.

I don't have made a copy from the origional live account and I have the same issue here, no Premium time and no Doubloons.

Beta Tester
9 posts
5,829 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, UltraRos sagte:

no Premium time

also not available for me

In order for beginners to learn the game, they also have to have a sense of achievement, so I think that it is not so bad at Coop. It would have to give but possibly different difficulty levels you can choose;)

Vor 17 Stunden, _Captain_Clueless_ sagte:

Yes, I think that this is a bit too much of the good, WG apparently always has some problems to find the right balance ^^

lG.

Players
1,191 posts
9,628 battles

From PTS patch notes

The gun sight reticule has been switched to utilize new technology. In combination with the enhanced visuals, it looks neater and cleaner.

Can someone post a ingame screenshot how this looks? WG does not provide a screenshot and nobody is streaming PTS, but i'm curious what this change is about.

Beta Tester
9 posts
5,829 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, ThePurpleSmurf sagte:

Can someone post a ingame screenshot how this looks? WG does not provide a screenshot and nobody is streaming PTS, but i'm curious what this change is about.

I can stream it if there is interest, I can not see much difference, maybe it is a little cleaner, finer.
I'll do another round of scoring, can have a look

I have started the stream a bit, because it is always 2-3 min. needs until the battle starts, so you can fast forward ca. 2:30 minutes;)

Unfortunately, the stream jerks a bit, no idea why, I had never actually, but should be enough to show  ^^

I'm not a professional streamer, just do it to show you what's going on with the target cross ....

The stream will remain as a video on and is only in German, because I can not speak English

• Cool 1

Players
1,191 posts
9,628 battles
47 minutes ago, krumme_Kanone said:

I can stream it if there is interest

Thanks, much appreciated. And yeah, there is really not much of a difference to notice with the reticle. Maybe the under-the-hood changes open the door for modder to add interesting features, just like with the minimap.

[RONF]
Players
13 posts
5,682 battles

The new lightning looks nice, but it looks like you've just level up the brightness, the water reflection can be very off setting and distracting during the gameplay. Fix the Land of Fire for example, the sun's reflection on the water is really blinding.

[TATS]
Players
1 post
390 battles

ich kann über die erste runde noch nicht viel sagen, aber kann ich schon sagen, es ist immer schön zu sehen wie es vorran schreitet....dennoch muss man bei der ruderstellzeit noch etwas dran arbeiten....sonst aufträge sind ganz nice....

in diesem sinne : immer eine hand unterm Kiel

Players
823 posts
15,642 battles

No problems or bugs thus far certainly I prefer the lighting although I have had the map North about 60% of the time so not seen many others.

i do find the requirements for the autumn season a bit over the top though, particulately for those of us who are not used to playing CV and doing torp damage in surface ships when every battle has 2 CVs is a bit mean I can only do 100k damage a game in CVs I'm rubbish at them.

[-H2O-]
Players
9 posts
38,379 battles

2 my fellow testers,

Testing is a must..... and i do it for the rewards................

But waiting every time more then 5 minutes, before MM cooked up a game.................................

and when you get in a game, its 3 vs 3.......... so NOT possible 2 make a score............................

I STOP TESTING............................... ( "I stopped complaining 2 WOWS long time ago, they NEVER listen")

[MPT]
Players
26 posts
10,675 battles

Okay... Let's do a little bit of math.
With the amount of players on PTS, there is usually 5 minutes queue.
Then you go into a 2 vs 2 or a 3 vs 3 battle, where you can do some damage.

If you are EXTREMELY lucky, you can do 100k pure (no fires, no flooding, no secondaries, no ramming) damage per hour.
You need 1.5 million main battery damage, and 750k torp/bomb/rocket damage.

Thats around 24-25 hours of playing. In four days. On the PTS. If you are lucky...
So you want us to play more than 6 HOURS a day for 4 days in a row on the PTS for a f...ing T6 ship container?

I mean... Some of us have to get some sleep, we need to eat, drink, there is bathroom time. We have families, friends, other (actually fun) games to play on the weekend. There is grinding to do on the live server too. And oh, yeah, some of us have to go to work or to school on friday, monday, or even the weekend.
What the hell were you thinking, when you came up with these absolutely insane requirements?

Last months requirements were far more friendly. Why can't you give us the same mission? Because that would be actually doable, and you don't want us to have a """free""" T6 premium ship?

@MrConway, @Crysantos, you think this is okay? Can you do something about it? Maybe lower the requirements a bit? Or a lot, because this, what we have now, is too much.

• Cool 5

[-NBS-]
[-NBS-]
Players
102 posts
15,477 battles

Guys sorry I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but why my signals from live server are been used on PTS server,? (but not the opposite).

Is there any mix up in the games folder or users?

Players
823 posts
15,642 battles

The match making has been very weird in this PTS if I play a torpedo boat DD I usually have to wait about 10 minutes to get into a battle usually with only 3 other ships but if I play CV then it's 50/50 if I get into a proper sized battle.

considering this issue I hope the progress we make in trying to achieve the necessary damage in CVs and with main guns will be carried over into the second round of testing. 

Players
533 posts
9,203 battles

For anybody interested the early access Italian Cruisers (Montecucolli , Trento, Zara) were available all the way back in the 0.8.7 PTS, behind a massive Research Bureau grindwall.

That's also when the Research Bureau concept was 'tested' (so-called) and rather than give everybody the usual Doubloons and free XP on their temporary PTS account, for those that had tested before we got a copy of our live account (including all Premium ships, camos, flags, Doubloons, and fxp) so that some people had a chance of testing the Italian Cruisers but not everybody. The required time it would take for even one Cruiser on the PTS and one WG container reward was ridiculous.

You would literally have to have no life and set no value on your time for it to be an attractive incentive.

What on earth are WG trying to accomplish?

The server population is going to respond to incentives accordingly, because not only are we wasting our precious time we are also paying the opportunity cost of not making progress on our live accounts. The incentives have been getting worse, and this time I've decided enough is enough. The Autumn Season can kiss my arse. I don't care about a single WG container for 24 hours Premium Time; the time it would take to accumulate that collection is not worth the IRL value to me. So I did the bare minimum, five battles in co-op for a few flags and camos.

Ah, but what battles! I don't know why but co-op on this PTS is nothing like on Live. It's been the return of the intelligent AI I haven't seen since 0.7.9 (was it?). Every battle was me and my bot team against 9 smart bots. It was challenging, fun, even exciting!

Being the only human didn't phase me, but it does reflect the small PTS server population, made smaller by the insulting incentives offered.

If you don't want to me to test I can take the hint; I've got better things to do really. I thought WG valued PTS input but they clearly have no regard for our expended time.

• Cool 1

[HOBBY]
Players
3 posts
Zitat
Am 25.10.2019 um 10:54, UltraRos sagte:

no Premium time and no Doubloons.

It's the same for me - no Premium time; I'm not sure about the Doubloons.

[SRW]
Players
591 posts
5,065 battles

When does the round 2 start?

I'm asking because the PTS server has been updated this morning but not able to log into the game.

[B-EYE]
[B-EYE]
Players
402 posts
13,415 battles

With 2-3 CVs per side at t8-t10 this PT is horible to play. Please introduce a limit one CV per side on PT. 

Players
11 posts
1,464 battles

Is it possible to get doubloons and warships premium again? Like I used all already and my account wasn´t resetet since few updates.