Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PaulPKennedy

Obsessive compulsive nerdy traits

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
9 posts
3,198 battles

Hi all,

 

Day off work today, so a couple of posts. I have been playing around a year. For the first few months just being a complete noob and grinding up the tech tree, making so many mistakes and then finally starting to appreciate the intricacies of the game. As I have progressed (not sure that’s the correct word in my case) I have started to develop nerdy traits. For instance post it notes around my pc with stuff like “watch out fore firestarter332 he kills you every time” and ship characteristics etc. I then got a mechanical keyboard and programmed the keys I use for a certain ship to light up in different colours. My friends call and make comments about the 30 or so post it notes and ask me how I am doing “shailing the sheven shees” So far I have resisted any type of naval uniform to wear in private. I hope I am not alone in my behaviour and would like to know if any of you do similarly things, or more?

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
20,491 posts
12,548 battles

I do nothing like that.

Sometimes I make a list of ships I want to play more.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
967 posts
14,941 battles

Not me but my father became pretty nerdy after I introduced him to submarine simulators. The second flat TV at home was for his personal use in Silent Hunter 2: he ended up playing almost exclusively on the plotting screen so he put it horizontally on a table simulating a navigational chart and set his torpedo attacks with ruler, protractor and compass first, then confirming his calculations with the game's autoaim system.

 

I'm sure he'd have liked to play Cold Waters due to his love for Tom Clancy's works.

 

Salute.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,832 posts

Only thing I do is, if I can be bothered to do the directives is to look them up in advance, and then plan out how I can complete them in the least battles required. So picking an order of ships, flags & gamemodes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
148 posts
12,504 battles
1 hour ago, PaulPKennedy said:

Hi all,

 

Day off work today, so a couple of posts. I have been playing around a year. For the first few months just being a complete noob and grinding up the tech tree, making so many mistakes and then finally starting to appreciate the intricacies of the game. As I have progressed (not sure that’s the correct word in my case) I have started to develop nerdy traits. For instance post it notes around my pc with stuff like “watch out fore firestarter332 he kills you every time” and ship characteristics etc. I then got a mechanical keyboard and programmed the keys I use for a certain ship to light up in different colours. My friends call and make comments about the 30 or so post it notes and ask me how I am doing “shailing the sheven shees” So far I have resisted any type of naval uniform to wear in private. I hope I am not alone in my behaviour and would like to know if any of you do similarly things, or more?

 

Mechanical keyboard, check

gaming mouse, check, 

Naval uniform, check

Admiral's hat, check

World of Warships achievement pins, check

 

I also have a rare collection of real ww2 ship recognition models. 

Also ordered a medal broche mount for my pins, result seem pretty ok I think.

I consider this my hobby, so why shouldn't I do this? 

69954377_2560840400838362_2857081510236782592_n.jpg

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,527 posts
6,738 battles

One thing this game gave me, not nesseceraly nerdy, kinda anyway. 

For the past 2.5 years, i've been in research of where if they still exist, can i get my hands on the blueprints for the Minekaze/Kamikaze DD, and to caculate how mutch it would cost to make another one today (Unarmed or with fake guns/torps) so basicly a complete fully functioning replica minus the armarment. 

You know for when i win the lotto to see if i can get one and sail the seas for eternity :cap_win:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
670 posts
7,810 battles
17 minutes ago, Erik_Aukan said:

Mechanical keyboard, check

gaming mouse, check, 

Naval uniform, check

Admiral's hat, check

World of Warships achievement pins, check

 

I also have a rare collection of real ww2 ship recognition models. 

Also ordered a medal broche mount for my pins, result seem pretty ok I think.

I consider this my hobby, so why shouldn't I do this? 

69954377_2560840400838362_2857081510236782592_n.jpg

 

nk-general.jpg

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
148 posts
12,504 battles
2 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

 

nk-general.jpg

That guy have played too much ranked! :P

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,527 posts
6,738 battles
10 minutes ago, Erik_Aukan said:

That guy have played too much ranked! :P

Nah, thats how a pro sealclubber looks like :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
97 posts
1,329 battles
50 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

One thing this game gave me, not nesseceraly nerdy, kinda anyway. 

For the past 2.5 years, i've been in research of where if they still exist, can i get my hands on the blueprints for the Minekaze/Kamikaze DD, and to caculate how mutch it would cost to make another one today (Unarmed or with fake guns/torps) so basicly a complete fully functioning replica minus the armarment. 

You know for when i win the lotto to see if i can get one and sail the seas for eternity :cap_win:

 

Ta daaaaaa!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Japanese-Destroyer-Minekaze-Ship-Plans/dp/8365281066

 

So... when you build it how much would a ticket to ride be?

 

Edit: A Fletcher class in 1942 cost $6,000,000 which in today's money would be $94,512,515.34...

 

I think you might need to win the Euro millions for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,527 posts
6,738 battles
1 hour ago, DeviousDave02 said:

Hmm, i somehow doubt those are copys of the actuall blueprints, like all the internal structural parts, beams, bulkheads etc, but thanx for that, new book on the way. :Smile_Default:

1 hour ago, DeviousDave02 said:

So... when you build it how much would a ticket to ride be?

No tickets would be needed, just a strong arm to help with scrubbing the deck yarrr :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, DeviousDave02 said:

A Fletcher class in 1942 cost $6,000,000 which in today's money would be $94,512,515.34...

Dang, that's a heck of a price, but i'm sure it would be no more than 60mil €, since the armarment is not there and the engine room would need mutch less equipment, pipes etc, so that would save a big chunk of change.

I'm sure that in reality around 50mil would be more that adiquate for a fully functioning ship, 10mil for the interior, jacuzzy etc :cap_yes:

1 hour ago, DeviousDave02 said:

I think you might need to win the Euro millions for this one.

Nah, euro milions are cheapskates, the italian superlotto is more generous with regular 100mil+sums, just have to get the numbers right :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×