Sign in to follow this  
Xlanger80X

How to fix crash when exiting WoWs?

3 comments in this topic

Question

Players
5 posts
4,346 battles

Since the problem is known for years, I think its already solved and I just need the info how to fix this:

When exiting WoWs the game crashes, showing the last screen (Exit - Yes-No-Buttons) and blocking access to windows desktop. Any programs started (i.e. taskmanager) will be "behind" this last exit-screen and cant be seen or accessed.

Only way to get my desktop back is a reboot via start-menu. Taskbar and start-menu are accessible, while everything else is blocked by the exitscreen.

Windows-shortcuts (i.e. Win+D) do not show the desktop, like they should, but the exitscreen.

I found forumposts dated back to 2016, describing the same thing, so how do I fix this? 

2 answers to this question

Beta Tester
841 posts
13,477 battles
18 minutes ago, Xlanger80X said:

Since the problem is known for years

This problem arose after last patch for many, how you didnt find a solution yet?

18 minutes ago, Xlanger80X said:

When exiting WoWs the game crashes, showing the last screen (Exit - Yes-No-Buttons)

Delete the game throu gane center, removing it completely then reinstal fresh. Helped me and others from what i read since the update.

[RBMF]
843 posts
7,234 battles

Hello,

Please try the following:

1. Check your drivers are up to date
  2. Run a WoWS Integrity check. Using the game center click on "game settings" and then click on "repair and install". That will check all your game files incase any are missing or corrupted then re-install any missing or damaged files.
  3. Generate a WGCheck report using the Game Center and then contact support, you can do both here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/22989/

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Minia

Sign in to follow this