You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Measuperbia

Punished for trying to win - AKA chatbanned and karma dropped

22 comments in this topic

[TPW]
Players
15 posts
1,887 battles

Hey let me tell you how fun this system is...

This is how my three days it went:

-Day 1 I end up with a losing streak of 10 games /this time i just turn off comp and forget it. (instead of saying something in chat)

-Day 2... I win 7 games in a row and im happy? I mean its still a win right? even though at least 3 of those wins ment my team totaly ignored everything called teamwork and let me die first 5 min without doing anything. (here I might have pointed that out, still nothing saying anything out of line)

-Day 3 Another 10 game loss streak hit me in the face.. I get teams without brains what-so-ever that let me die first 5 min into the games and they are not even trying to put pressure on the enemy. (Here I go competely mad and start telling people facts about why we lose)

Now what happens? Yes ofcourse I get a chatban 3 days. Sure 3 days is not alot... BUT?!

Yes BUT!

Now im playing the 4th day and all of the suddenly I am losing games because I cant message anyone in my team what is going on in the battle.. Thats fair? RIGHT? So what I do is; Start using the ingame voince commands to pointlessly try tell my team whats going on.... NOW WHAT HAPPENS? YES OFCOURSE!! I am karma dropped and being accoused for spamming?? THATS SO FAIR? Best thing yet is that I cant not even speak up ingame about it... Because guess what? YES I AM CHATBANNED! 

Let me also point out that all those loose streak games is the kind of games where my team only manage to kill 1-2 ships before they are all dead. THANKS MATCHINGMAKING AND THANKS FOR THE CHATBAN 10/10 - Will not try to point out idiocracy again, and lets just leave all the dumb players keep doing dumb things and not even knowing about it or learn something..

Thanks for reading.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[N_S_F]
Players
1,032 posts
2 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

-Day 1 I end up with a losing streak of 10 games /this time i just turn off comp and forget it. (instead of saying something in chat)

-Day 2... I win 7 games in a row and im happy? I mean its still a win right? even though at least 3 of those wins ment my team totaly ignored everything called teamwork and let me die first 5 min without doing anything. (here I might have pointet that out, still nothing saying anything out of line)

-Day 3 Another 10 game loss streak hit me in the face.. I get teams without brains what-so-ever that let me die first 5 min into the games and they are not even trying to put pressure on the enemy. (Here I go competely mad and start telling people facts about why we lose)

Now what happens? Yes ofcourse I get a chatban 3 days. Sure 3 days is not alot... BUT?!

Yes BUT!

Now im playing the 4th day and all of the suddenly I am losing games because I cant message anyone in my team what is going on in the battle.. Thats fair? RIGHT? So what I do is; Start using the ingame voince commands to pointlessly try tell my team whats going on.... NOW WHAT HAPPENS? YES OFCOURSE!! I can karma dropped and being accoused for spamming?? THATS SO FAIR? Best thing yet is that I cant not even speak up ingame about it... Because guess what? YES I AM CHATBANNED! 

Let me also point out that all those loose streak games is the kind of games where my team only manage to kill 1-2 ships before they are all dead. THANKS MATCHINGMAKING AND THANKS FOR THE CHATBAN 10/10 - Will not try to point out idiocracy again, and lets just leave all the dumb players keep doing dumb things and not even knowing about it or learn something..

Thanks for reading.

May we see what you wrote in chat Sir?

[TPW]
Players
15 posts
1,887 battles

I have not asked for the logs, but I can assure you all that is nothing close to personal attacks or specific player abuse. Might have used a few curse words though.

Since its "only" 3 days I not sure if its even worth to bother send a ticket to know what the logs says. But the fact stands. The system is a joke.

Edited by Measuperbia
Spelling
  • Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,498 posts

3 days is a manual ban by a support staff member due to a ticket report.

In such cases I am fairly certain that the ban is well deserved. They don't ban for giggles.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
20,416 posts
12,542 battles
3 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

I have not asked for the logs, but I can assure you all that is nothing close to personal attacks or specific player abuse.

Since its "only" 3 days I not sure if its even worth to bother send a ticket to know what the logs says. But the fact stands. The system is a joke.

The problem lies with you.

Do not get too emotional.

A 3 day ban is handed out manually. That means a WG employee looked at your posts and decided that other players need 3 days of silence from you.

• Cool 4

[DAVY]
Players
2,644 posts
30 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

-Day 2... I win 7 games in a row and im happy? I mean its still a win right? even though at least 3 of those wins ment my team totaly ignored everything called teamwork and let me die first 5 min without doing anything. (here I might have pointed that out, still nothing saying anything out of line)

Yes BUT!

Now im playing the 4th day and all of the suddenly I am losing games because I cant message anyone in my team what is going on in the battle.. Thats fair? RIGHT? So what I do is; Start using the ingame voince commands to pointlessly try tell my team whats going on.... NOW WHAT HAPPENS? YES OFCOURSE!! I am karma dropped and being accoused for spamming?? THATS SO FAIR? Best thing yet is that I cant not even speak up ingame about it... Because guess what? YES I AM CHATBANNED! 

Thanks for reading.

So to simplify this from your last few days battle record....you mainly go into T10 in your Zao...it looks like you are pretty bad in your Zao but you still order the team about and they ignore you so you whine. There are loads of players at your standard who try to be an admiral in high tiers and guess what? yep, they get ignored.

edit...oh and why the f are you dying in the first five minutes in a Zao? I thought records would show you were playing DDs but no, it's a Zao :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 3

[TPW]
Players
15 posts
1,887 battles

OK look at my profile. I have 100 games with the Zao, 43 wins. Now imagine what my winrate would be if I didnt have this said 20game lose streak? Yeah thats right I would be atleast 50-55 wins out of the 100. Still a bad player?

I might have earned some kind of warning or something, but the chatban punishment is just pure crap when I am not allowed to communicate with team.

Yes I am applying stealthy pressure with a Zao at 10-11km concealment from time to time. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
20,416 posts
12,542 battles
Just now, Measuperbia said:

OK look at my profile. I have 100 games with the Zao, 43 wins. Now imagine what my winrate would be if I didnt have this said 20game lose streak? Yeah thats right I would be atleast 50-55 wins out of the 100. Still a bad player?

I might have earned some kind of warning or something, but the chatban punishment is just pure crap when I am not allowed to communicate with team.

Yes I am applying stealthy pressure with a Zao at 10-11km concealment from time to time. 

No, you are pushing agressive and recklessly.

The survival times, you mentioned,  are appaling for such a stealthy ship.

Players
968 posts
7,360 battles

Hey, as a historically multi-chatbanned person :Smile_hiding: (recently reformed) I can tell u that you dont have to say a lot to get the ban. In the heat of the battle which you are trying to win and everyone else isn't sometimes we can get silly and say stuff. I have. Not overly offensive but offensive enough. Take the ban and move on.

No matter what you are trying to say, team will not improve. Just keep giving 100% if possible or take a break, it is the current state of the mm to create these roofstomps and there is nothing that can be done. Teams are completely missmatched and the games are unfun af. Try to help them pointing at the map (it won't save you from reports) and playing well.

Always play as if the team is against you :Smile_ohmy:and you are against the whole enemy fleet. Eventually the losing streaks will diminish (never go away) as you will turn into a machine. Play CVs to exact the most influence in game when all seem out of whack. I find that playing CVs will help you get more wins and break the 'bad' luck.

Sometimes losing cause me to play very bad so there's that to consider. LIke now in the midst of a 4 game losing streak I found the time to write this long boring post to cheat my luck a bit. Then I will go back using all CV line ups and try to drag teams, screaming :Smile_izmena:and glue running out their noses to the finish line. It will be an ordeal but I set a goal to make this at least 50% before the end of the week. I will probably fail but I will have tried. Hard, persistent and relentless until someone wakes up and helps or you found yourself with a couple of forumites and enjoy what I call a miracle sweep. Rare... but oh, so very satisfying :)

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,644 posts
7 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

Yes, I was looking at your damage output. You are not doing much to actually influence the wins, or not often enough as it is an average and you obviously get higher than 43k half the time....but you obviously get lower in half your games too.

[TPW]
Players
15 posts
1,887 battles
4 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Yes, I was looking at your damage output. You are not doing much to actually influence the wins, or not often enough as it is an average and you obviously get higher than 43k half the time....but you obviously get lower in half your games too.

See what my problem is? Yeah.. When I get killed in the first 5 mins and I have not even got some decent shoots of, so yeah avg damage is 43K. This is still because I am not getting any backup of flanking cover what so ever. Even though I am making sure what my position is on the map before I push

[JRM]
Players
3,342 posts
18,738 battles

@OP CB are on, use DC ir what you want to coordinate with your team there, bugger the random chat

[DAVY]
Players
2,644 posts
12 minutes ago, Measuperbia said:

See what my problem is? Yeah.. When I get killed in the first 5 mins and I have not even got some decent shoots of, so yeah avg damage is 43K. This is still because I am not getting any backup of flanking cover what so ever. Even though I am making sure what my position is on the map before I push

But you are playing Zao....it's virtually invisible most of the time...I suggest you watch some vids of good Zao play because played well it is a git. I am in no way a cruiser player, mostly BB's so I know what a Zao can and should do from a victims point of view. Also, you should hardly be seen in the first 5 minutes, let alone die first.

Players
2,071 posts
10,961 battles

I'm a bad player not because I'm bad at playing the game, but because my teammates make me play bad.

12AFADBA6E5BC0B66FA0B2E096668DC4505C6025

• Funny 1

Players
458 posts
2,228 battles

I can only recommend to switch of your  chat in game:

1/ nobody can insult you in game

2/ nobody can send tactics that he even doesn't follow

3/ nobody  can ask you for things

4/ and you can't vent your frustration to other players

A much more relaxed playing experience.

Players
30 posts
6 minutos antes, Nibloke dijo:

I can only recommend to switch of your  chat in game:

1/ nobody can insult you in game

2/ nobody can send tactics that he even doesn't follow

3/ nobody  can ask you for things

4/ and you can't vent your frustration to other players

A much more relaxed playing experience.

This, and you can do it in the settings now, so no need to disable it in every battle. To comunícate use the  b key options and the F1 to F12 ones. Even if you use the shift+F12 one you are not banned.

Players
1,361 posts
10,705 battles
1 hour ago, Measuperbia said:

You are only giving the enemy team an early advantage by getting yourself killed for being too agressive and with those numbers you should probably count yourself lucky you have 43 wins out of 100 games.

Zao is not the easiest cruiser to play, concealment notwithstanding. Also, cruisers better impact games by staying alive and by doing damage over time, change your playstyle instead of raging in chat and come back here when you have 200 battles on her.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles

Still a bad player?

According to all the stats you achieve with your Zao: yes, yes, and yes! 

• damage too low
  • survival rate too low
  • max damage achieved in 100 games not impressive
  • only avg. 0.5 ships sunk per battle is weak

100 games are enough to have a first insight in your skill set with a certain ship. And your performances in the Zao is underwhelming at best. And people don't like it to get told what to do by sub average players (aka arm chair admirals).

Just relax more, learn to get better and people will actually listen to you. :cap_like:

Players
4,526 posts
245 battles

Your a bad player who has no clue on how to play at higher tiers.

Essentially you are one of the reasons as to why you lose on a consistent basis. Go on youtube learn how to play the ships through guides or watch vids on how better players play their ships and this will give you a decent idea on how to play.

atm you just suicide into the enemy at the start of most matches expecting your team to suicide into a crossfire (which makes no sense) and yes while the zao has great concealment you're surpossed to kite and learn to 'fire and vanish' (so fire once wait for you to drop into concealment wait a bit then fire while alos dodging when nessecary and making sure to stay in concealment to choose a decent route out of harms way, repeat etc.) that doesn't mean to border hump, you just need to know when to push, when to hold, when to support, where to go etc.

Also rushing up the tiers is never a good thing.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,232 posts
6,552 battles

You die 5 mins because the enemy focus you.

You say you don't have any back up. You say you check your position. You push, and then die.

Have you considered, that instead of raging at your team for "no support", that pushing within the first 5 mins is a bad plan? Particularly for a ship that excels at kiting like the Zao? 

Nearly everything in this game benefits kiting - torps, shell flight time, ability to disengage. Pushing into the enemy early game is probably the worst idea as it hands all the advantages to them.

Instead you want to play defensively until you have enough of an advantage on a flank to be able to push aggressively.

The Zao is my top ship, and it plays the long game -early aggression is nearly always a misplay.

While you're busy shouting at your team for no support, they're probably wondering what the f**k their Zao is doing.

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,255 posts
7,485 battles

Dear OP,

If you think your chat ban is unjust, I suggest you open a ticket on support.

Because this is not place for ingame sanctions.

On the other hand,

I suggest you take forum rules into account while you open a thread next time.

Yes.. Next time because this one is locked now.

Forum Rule:

Be constructive

• When posting, please make sure you do so with good intentions. Refrain from posting when you don't have anything positive or constructive to say on the topic.
  • Your post should contribute to the discussion or the solution of the issue being discussed.
  • If the only purpose of your post is to be negative, it is not worth posting.