Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Sinksalot

What Do You Guys Do With Your Free XP?

31 comments in this topic

Players
121 posts
870 battles

I suppose there reaches a point where from just playing away across a few weeks or months we end up with a really healthy stock of free xp to use. So do you guys have a typical area in the game you like to invest your free xp in or is it just a matter of what you need right now gets it? I suppose we could use it to skip entire grinds and jump straight to a mid tier ship without playing the lower tier stuff. We could use it to fully upgrade a new ships modules without having to grind out and play a not so good offering of that stock ship. Maybe you use them sparingly and semi-grind a ships modules i.e. use free xp to unlock just the really import module/s key to that ships role and ability. Of course, we can also use it to jump captain training and get our ship performing as well as it can with some skills crucial to that ship. Or perhaps you find some other use for free xp?

What you guys do with it by and large?

Edit - Also totally forgot we can use free xp to reset our captains skills and also transfer our captains between non-premium ships which I find can be handy for not spending gold or having to play lots of battles with a compromised captain operating partially with his skills. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
20,487 posts
12,546 battles
8 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

I suppose there reaches a point where from just playing away across a few weeks or months we end up with a really healthy stock of free xp to use. So do you guys have a typical area in the game you like to invest your free xp in or is it just a matter of what you need right now gets it? I suppose we could use it to skip entire grinds and jump straight to a mid tier ship without playing the lower tier stuff. We could use it to fully upgrade a new ships modules without having to grind out and play a not so good offering of that stock ship. Maybe you use them sparingly and semi-grind a ships modules i.e. use free xp to unlock just the really import module/s key to that ships role and ability. Of course, we can also use it to jump captain training and get our ship performing as well as it can with some skills crucial to that ship. Or perhaps you find some other use for free xp?

Get Free XP ships.

Got all of them. Waiting for the next one. 

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,521 posts
6,728 battles

Personally i just stockpile it, i use it on stock modules, the ocasional FXP ship, or in cases of events like a SC for every TX to get that TX and thus SC before the event ends. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,735 posts
11,549 battles

Hi all,

10 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

I currently have around 1.5M "FreeXP"! :Smile_coin:

All "FreeXP" I had before I spent on "Free XP" ships (and I have them all apart from the last one) - I deliberately didn't buy the "Friesland" (nor I ever will as things look now)... :Smile_hiding:

But I am thinking about "Ohio" though... perhaps "pulling up the Flamu method" would be OK use of FreeXP... :Smile_great:

Leo "Apollo11"

[AMOK]
Players
1,607 posts
7,521 battles

I am stockpiling it and waiting for a ship that is worth to be spend on.

• Cool 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,105 posts
10,179 battles
13 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

We could use it to fully upgrade a new ships modules without having to grind out and play a not so good offering of that stock ship.

That's far better than skipping ships and missing the experience. 

I for myself avoid all stock-configurations and buy all FXP-ships (being a collector) - and sometimes to "boost" progress to next ship in line if I don't enjoy them. 

• Cool 1

Players
7,860 posts
9,498 battles

Stockpiling it. Skipping ships I don't like playing, researching modules early if ship in question is severely handicapped without them (stock torps on DDs for example). Getting yourself a Free Exp ship.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,891 posts
4,326 battles

Hoard it for free exp ships.

I currently have enough for the Alaska, but I'm holding off a bit just to see what's opera, Doc with the Siegfried.

Players
967 posts
14,941 battles
6 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

I am stockpiling it and waiting for a ship that is worth to be spend on.

I'm doing the same, although I'll probably spend some in completing a few grinds. After getting Mo (a real struggle to fullfill the quota), Musashi and Alaska there hasn't been any free XP that truly interests me.

Salute.

Players
270 posts
3,256 battles

Stockpiling it at the moment. I was considering getting HMS Nelson, but I'm not much of a BB player, so it'd be a waste. Maybe I'll use it with Elite XP to promote a commander - that's the most likely option.

[AMOK]
Players
1,607 posts
7,521 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, Estaca_de_Bares sagte:

I'm doing the same, although I'll probably spend some in completing a few grinds. After getting Mo (a real struggle to fullfill the quota), Musashi and Alaska there hasn't been any free XP that truly interests me.

Salute.

Aaah Mo :Smile-angry::etc_swear::cap_viking: this is still pissing me off. Bought the Nelson as it came out and 2 weeks later WG announced they taking Mo off the game. I managed to get around 250k freexp as they took it out and i wasn't willing to convert the rest so i dont't have it. :etc_swear::Smile-angry:

Ships i have are: Nelson, Kronstadt, Alaska, Musashi. JB was for coal i think.....and i couldn't care less for Azuma :Smile_sceptic:

Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

skipping bad/boring ships in a line, unlocking modules... not really much interested in most of the FreeXP ships

[-GG-]
Players
278 posts
14,340 battles

680k is currently waiting for new season of Research Bureau to "regrind" Harugumo, get 20k point and buy Ohio or Colbert.

The rest, some 160k, currently I use to research modules on regrinded Moskva-line to avoid playing stock ships.

Players
967 posts
14,941 battles
32 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

Aaah Mo :Smile-angry::etc_swear::cap_viking: this is still pissing me off. Bought the Nelson as it came out and 2 weeks later WG announced they taking Mo off the game. I managed to get around 250k freexp as they took it out and i wasn't willing to convert the rest so i dont't have it. :etc_swear::Smile-angry:

Ships i have are: Nelson, Kronstadt, Alaska, Musashi. JB was for coal i think.....and i couldn't care less for Azuma :Smile_sceptic:

Oh, man, Nelsinha Peché (I nicknamed Nelson like that after putting the AL captain) is going to be mad at me, how dared I forget about her!

Salute.

[NWP]
Players
6,835 posts
7,602 battles

Basicly everything you can do with it:

- FreeXP ships (alltho havent gotten Azuma/Friesland) but i have 1million stocked in case i change my mind.

- Unlocking B-hulls and such, but not always, depends on the ship.

- Skipping ships for various reasons (bad ship / need a certain ship for CBs). T9 is such a tier, where tons of good premiums are available now, which makes playing Techtree ships a bit lackluster at times. F.,e. skipped FDG because i didnt like it, and skipped Iowa to some degree because ive played so much Missouri i didnt want to :cap_haloween: Also skipped Seattle last year for an extra SC during wows birthday.

• Cool 1

Players
1,339 posts
16,527 battles

Nelson, Mighty Mo, Musashi, Alaska, Kronstadt and Friesland is what I bought with it. Friesland set me back to almost 0 FXP. I've reset 4 lines in RB. I sometimes FXP a ship I come to dislike while playing, and some stock config jumps. Used 200k to skip part of the the aggrevating experience of grinding the tier 8 IJN carrier. It was too mindnumbingly boring to grind 330 k XP, so I decided it's not worth my time. I'm again at 700k FXP already includiong all that.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,939 posts
17,701 battles

Mostly, I just hoard it for "emergencies" when promoting my Commanders. So if a tiny bit is missing from the next level (10 points, for example) I will use a bit of free XP to fill the gap. I also use some, in order to complete research either in terms of ship modules or new ships. Bought Musashi as well. Currently back in hoarding stage, will keep at it until X-mas and see what comes up to use it for. My target is 3M free XP for by Holiday season (have now some 2,4M). :Smile_great:

[SHAD]
Players
939 posts

Modules so I rarely go out with a stock hull but other modules are less important.

I tend to skip to T6 in new lines to save on captain retraining. 

I also skip weak ships of the line sometimes. 

I ended up using a lot and nearly running out in the anniversary event unlocking tier tens for super containers.

Nelson is still a bargain at 375,000 freeXP

Now saving up again for the next freeXP ship.

Beta Tester
991 posts
10,740 battles

I do use it to get more captains to 19 points

[MORIA]
Players
263 posts
30,356 battles

Unlocking modules and the free XP ships...oh, and watching the hoard grow

[LUZ1]
Players
80 posts
7,975 battles

I use free XP exclusively to research modules and train commanders in new ships.

Players
548 posts
9,305 battles

Only on fxp ships. Obtained in order: Nelson, Kronstadt, Alaska, and Azuma. Not sure about Friesland so am hoarding once more until more news about Seigfried is announced.

I keep a stock of Elite Commander XP for retraining and emergency re-spec'ing.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
65 posts
1,100 battles

So far I have never used any free experience and I also have no intention in doing so, the only exception might be the Nelson because I can use her in the Narai OP and dont have a BB on that tier. Otherwise I dont really see a reason in spending these Free-XP, as I play stock ships in Co-Op until they are fully equiped or grind captains in missions/via Elite Commander XP from other ships. My port is rather small and there is little to no need for a large amount of well trained captains.

Since I started actively playing again, I managed to aquire around 315k Free-XP with some Premium Time from missions, operations and rewards. It mostly comes down to a small amount of saved up Event/Special-Camos from WG-Bonuscodes I came across in WoT, as I dont have a lot of flags.

Who knows, maybe I will catch the collector's fever one day.

Players
57 posts

I always unlock the B-hull before my first match in a new ship. I also use it to get Free XP ships. Got 2 mil now. Could get Freisland, but I'm a torp man with DD's. so I'm not that tempted right now. Still waiting to see the next FXP ship. Got all of the other FXP ships, inc Missouri (Just in time to get her). Glad I didn't waste money/dubloons on Azuma.

Sign in to follow this