Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Trawn91

Any hope for Enterprise?

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CRYO]
Players
56 posts
2,843 battles

As title says, is there any hope Enterprise would return into premium shop? I mean, they usually dont change premiums to worse, so dont know how they want to modify her "fluctuations in performance". Also, I was under impression that everytime they want to pull any ship from premium store, they would announce it beforehand. I only recently got into CV gameplay and I picked USN ones. Now I am looking for premium trainer and hate Saipan for being converted ships (Cleveland hull with runway slapped on top, just an abomination). Big E on the other hand is beautifull ship. 

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,313 posts
9,223 battles

Oh dont worry i am pretty sure it will be in the Santa Boxes :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,824 posts
9,498 battles
7 minutes ago, Trawn91 said:

As title says, is there any hope Enterprise would return into premium shop? I mean, they usually dont change premiums to worse, so dont know how they want to modify her "fluctuations in performance". Also, I was under impression that everytime they want to pull any ship from premium store, they would announce it beforehand. I only recently got into CV gameplay and I picked USN ones. Now I am looking for premium trainer and hate Saipan for being converted ships (Cleveland hull with runway slapped on top, just an abomination). Big E on the other hand is beautifull ship. 

No. She joined Belfast, Kutuzov, Musashi, Missouri in balans heaven

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
525 posts
1,871 battles
3 minuti fa, Panocek ha scritto:

No. She joined Belfast, Kutuzov, Musashi, Missouri in balans heaven

Noooo:cap_viking::Smile-angry:

thumb_khaaaaan-images-of-kirk-khan-meme-

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CRYO]
Players
56 posts
2,843 battles

Well, they can rebalance it and introduce the same model as Yorktown or Hornet (sister ships), I wouldnt mind. Big E would still crap on them but at least you can have nice ship to play with :) 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,824 posts
9,498 battles
1 minute ago, Trawn91 said:

Well, they can rebalance it and introduce the same model as Yorktown or Hornet (sister ships), I wouldnt mind. Big E would still crap on them but at least you can have nice ship to play with :) 

Yorktown was supposed to be part of "support CV" alternate line alongside removed carriers like Independence or Essex, but WG seemingly put any CV related works on hold and went full on subs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ORM]
Players
106 posts
2,408 battles

 

1 minute ago, Panocek said:

No. She joined Belfast, Kutuzov, Musashi, Missouri in balans heaven

i don't see why they can't re release balanced versions of these, equip them with a type of camo and reflect it in the name, same as the current lima ships that are available alongside the standard ones ,maybe  Romeo for Re balanced,

 

e.g. Belfast Romeo, Enterprise Romeo etc 

 

that way those who have the originals don't loose the ships they paid for and others who still want a more balanced version due to sentiment, looks etc, can still buy them

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,775 posts

In the current state, and given that the CV-rework is considered "finished" (just some polishing required) by WG: doubtful it will ever return, except in Santa-Boxes or an überbloat bundel with all other American premiums combined for 500€ or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,824 posts
9,498 battles
1 minute ago, tinvek said:

 

i don't see why they can't re release balanced versions of these, equip them with a type of camo and reflect it in the name, same as the current lima ships that are available alongside the standard ones ,maybe  Romeo for Re balanced,

 

e.g. Belfast Romeo, Enterprise Romeo etc 

 

that way those who have the originals don't loose the ships they paid for and others who still want a more balanced version due to sentiment, looks etc, can still buy them

Then you would have forums full of REEE "I've bought Belfast because I've heard its OP and all I've got is watered down version?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SB]
Players
100 posts
1,569 battles
17 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Have we really got to blame our one true unicom CV player among us for the Big E's removal?

 

They should have at least made an announcement about it's impending fate.

It's not the unicorns that made the Big E so powerful. Any potato (like me) can use her to devastating effect with minimal effort. Hell, even her fighter consumable is better and actually viable as something other than a spotting platform.

 

Her rocket attack craft have excellent pen, fire chance, and above all else ACCURACY. Also, personally I find it easier to land broadside attacks, but that's anecdotal. Use them as the starter to push enemy DD's off the cap.

 

The torpedo bombers are viable and with torpedo acceleration even great. Reliable 10k volleys on any target other than a DD.

 

While I don't like the AP bombers, they hit like a truck and with 6 bombs in a run saturate the aim-ellipse quite nicely.

 

So all air groups are good to excellent. The planes are lower tier, though you would be hard pressed to notice. Between the reworks of AA, shortening flights (pre-dropping ordenance), slingshot drops (link) and how they prioritize shooting down a single aircraft, you'll hardly feel the HP difference. It's made even better for the Big E as her plane regen is the best in class, negating the loss over time if you manage your squads even a little carefully.

 

This stacks on top of the natural advantages any CV has.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KOKOS]
Players
134 posts
3,832 battles

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer, as I started with CVs pretty much on the day the Enterprise was removed.

 

I think there is a fair chance for the other premium CVs to become OP as well after another round of "balancing", so I will happily hold on to my Kaga and Ark Royal.

 

Since Saipan is currently underperforming, I expect it to be buffed, too, and considering WG's track record, it will likely become too good at some point in the future, with no chance of nerfing it again. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
3,536 posts
9,182 battles
1 hour ago, Trawn91 said:

hate Saipan for being converted ships

Apparently not: https://www.thoughtco.com/cold-war-uss-saipan-cvl-48-4034651

 

If that's accurate, they followed on from the converted ships, but were designed as carriers from the start.

 

Doesn't impact the thing in-game, but I thought it was vaguely interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
680 posts
7,345 battles

I got an Enterprise in a SC about a month ago, so she is apparently still on some distribution lists.

 

Xmas boxes might well produce the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,628 posts
3,175 battles
31 minutes ago, MadGunna said:

It's not the unicorns that made the Big E so powerful. Any potato (like me) can use her to devastating effect with minimal effort. Hell, even her fighter consumable is better and actually viable as something other than a spotting platform.

 

Her rocket attack craft have excellent pen, fire chance, and above all else ACCURACY. Also, personally I find it easier to land broadside attacks, but that's anecdotal. Use them as the starter to push enemy DD's off the cap.

 

The torpedo bombers are viable and with torpedo acceleration even great. Reliable 10k volleys on any target other than a DD.

 

While I don't like the AP bombers, they hit like a truck and with 6 bombs in a run saturate the aim-ellipse quite nicely.

 

So all air groups are good to excellent. The planes are lower tier, though you would be hard pressed to notice. Between the reworks of AA, shortening flights (pre-dropping ordenance), slingshot drops (link) and how they prioritize shooting down a single aircraft, you'll hardly feel the HP difference. It's made even better for the Big E as her plane regen is the best in class, negating the loss over time if you manage your squads even a little carefully.

 

This stacks on top of the natural advantages any CV has.

And because she is premium they cannot nerf her, unless they break their own stated doctrine about premium ships, and offer everyone who already has her a cash refund.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CRYO]
Players
56 posts
2,843 battles

Problem is, their (WG´s) way of solving problem doesnt actually solve the problem. If they consider her too strong, they should have either rebalance it globally or refund it to everyone (forcefully). The way they did this only widens the gap between those who have her and those who cant have her. Lets imagine a scenario in which we get T8 ranked or CB with CVs allowed. I de facto wouldnt be permitted to play CV, bcs I cant buy her and any semicompetent player would crap on me. Well, maybe it is exaggeration, but fact remains I would be knowingly puting myself into disadvantage.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SB]
Players
100 posts
1,569 battles
2 minutes ago, Trawn91 said:

Problem is, their (WG´s) way of solving problem doesnt actually solve the problem. If they consider her too strong, they should have either rebalance it globally or refund it to everyone (forcefully). The way they did this only widens the gap between those who have her and those who cant have her. Lets imagine a scenario in which we get T8 ranked or CB with CVs allowed. I de facto wouldnt be permitted to play CV, bcs I cant buy her and any semicompetent player would crap on me. Well, maybe it is exaggeration, but fact remains I would be knowingly puting myself into disadvantage.

Even the Saipan and the GZ are still deadly in the hands of anyone who knows how to dodge flak. At this point CV gameplay is a damage farm.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
488 posts
9,218 battles

I'm not sure how Enterprise was ever supposed to be balanced. It has no real weaknesses.

  • Attack planes good: accurate, and in general very much like Shokaku's.
  • Torpedo planes are good: same as Lexington, good damage and excellent flooding chance.
  • Dive bombers are best in tier: also what turns Enterprise into a monster in skilled hands.
  • Fighters are best in tier, and by a huge margin.
  • Regeneration is best in tier.

If I have to guess, it passed testing successfully as a sort of "tricky Lexington". The attack planes need more careful aim to be effective. AP bombs are more difficult to use. To make up for these difficult traits, they gave it superb fighters and faster regeneration.

 

The only problem is, the IJN line is tricky in the exactly same way. Anybody with some success in Ryujo and Shokaku can just [edited] on the enemy team in Enterprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
930 posts
2,726 battles
59 minutes ago, asalonen said:

I'm not sure how Enterprise was ever supposed to be balanced. It has no real weaknesses.

  • Attack planes good: accurate, and in general very much like Shokaku's.
  • Torpedo planes are good: same as Lexington, good damage and excellent flooding chance.
  • Dive bombers are best in tier: also what turns Enterprise into a monster in skilled hands.
  • Fighters are best in tier, and by a huge margin.
  • Regeneration is best in tier.

If I have to guess, it passed testing successfully as a sort of "tricky Lexington". The attack planes need more careful aim to be effective. AP bombs are more difficult to use. To make up for these difficult traits, they gave it superb fighters and faster regeneration.

 

The only problem is, the IJN line is tricky in the exactly same way. Anybody with some success in Ryujo and Shokaku can just [edited] on the enemy team in Enterprise.

According to LWM it was originally balanced around having slower aircraft then they regularised plane speed....

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
3,342 posts
18,738 battles

I say...

 

Replace the whole loadout of E with T10 planes...

 

Give it SAP HVAR with equivalent of 8" shells (54mm pen 5k damage)

Give it 3/12 TBs with lexington torps and DBs with 12k AP bombs

 

Move it to T10 and call it Enterprise EE as Elzazer Edition and sell it in a 150€ bundle...

 

So we can finally get bots in the randoms and be done with it... :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,526 posts
245 battles
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I say...

 

Replace the whole loadout of E with T10 planes...

 

Give it SAP HVAR with equivalent of 8" shells (54mm pen 5k damage)

Give it 3/12 TBs with lexington torps and DBs with 12k AP bombs

 

Move it to T10 and call it Enterprise EE as Elzazer Edition and sell it in a 150€ bundle...

 

So we can finally get bots in the randoms and be done with it... :Smile_trollface:

Just call it el2azer and stick at tier 10 with tier 12 jets.

 

Heat seeking missles with 75mm's pen 8k damage.

Monopropellant 750mm torpedoes with inbuilt sonar and counter measures 10k per damage and 60% floodings.

 

sell it for £80's.

 

balans for teh kiddies.

 

:Smile_trollface:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,824 posts
9,498 battles
3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

I say...

 

Replace the whole loadout of E with T10 planes...

 

Give it SAP HVAR with equivalent of 8" shells (54mm pen 5k damage)

Give it 3/12 TBs with lexington torps and DBs with 12k AP bombs

 

Move it to T10 and call it Enterprise EE as Elzazer Edition and sell it in a 150€ bundle...

 

So we can finally get bots in the randoms and be done with it... :Smile_trollface:

You mean this E?

USS_Enterprise_(CVN-65).jpg

:cap_cool:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
3,342 posts
18,738 battles
21 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You mean this E?

USS_Enterprise_(CVN-65).jpg

:cap_cool:

Nope thats the Perestroika the RU T10 prem cv

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,286 posts
5 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

And because she is premium they cannot nerf her, unless they break their own stated doctrine about premium ships, and offer everyone who already has her a cash refund.

But the GZ is premium, haven't they messed around with her?

 

Question is now the Big E has gone, which premium CV will step up the the OP mark now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×