You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Sinksalot

Inexcusable Team Torping... Options?

19 comments in this topic

Players
125 posts
884 battles

Guys, not sure how you feel about this so I said I'd ask you. First battle of the day(happen to have a day off) clicked into a T6 co-op battle. Early in the battle, in enter a cap and since it's PvE I spot ships and pop a smoke. The enemy ships are being spotted by someone else so there I am in the smoke screen, working my main guns, sending torps at the enemy, I'm broadside and totally static. I here that noise of inbound torpedo warning, they're directly at me and I get wiped out by my teammate playing a cruiser behind me... now, there is NO excuse for that you can't say "sorry" or "you drove onto my torpedoes" or "I didn't know what I was doing" or "I didn't see you" there is just no excuse. Even if you have some mental disability in which case I highly doubt they would have the where withal to control the ship like they did let alone fathom how to fire torps etc.

So what do I do? What do you guys do when you get shafted like that by a teammate inexcusably?

My options appear to be the following. Which would you chose? Is there another option?

1. Report(done, does it actually do anything?) problem with that is I will never feel justice since I will never know what if anything happens to that player

2. Send replay to support.

3. Blacklist the guy and repay they favor next time you happen to get teamed together. Eye for an eye. Have a taste of what it's like to be on the receiving end mate, like it? Didn't think so, neither did I.

4. Move onto the next battle, forget about it, whatever. 

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,116 posts
10,245 battles
3 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

It's Co-Op, so this. 

[NWP]
Players
6,856 posts
7,643 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Basicly this + rant a bit at him.

And these days, i dont feel like dodging friendly torps anyway, just take them. Maybe teaches them a lesson, if they do it often, they _might_ receive a harsher penalty at some point :cap_old:

• Cool 3

Players
1,857 posts
20,863 battles

5. don't even waste a calory further on dat nub after "one-sentence-rage", like f.e. by posting about on the forums

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
663 posts
3,809 battles

Its coop so i would just get into another battle. No reason to report in coop

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
81 posts
8,012 battles

I hate these situations, the lazy cruiser firing torps into you from behind. I don't believe it is malice though, sheer noobness. 

I report them, rant in chat and move on. Just one of these things.

[THESO]
Players
663 posts
3,809 battles
4 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

I hate these situations, the lazy cruiser firing torps into you from behind. I don't believe it is malice though, sheer noobness. 

I report them, rant in chat and move on. Just one of these things.

Best ones are people in tirpitz firing 6km torps at 12km targets through friendly ships. Fun

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,380 posts
12,066 battles

What's been said. I assume in COOP people have no clue of what they're doing. Also sometimes bots are on your side as well and they even care less what's in their torp path.

Players
125 posts
884 battles

Ya I guess you guys are right. It was beyond dumb but best to just move on. It was a tier8 ship so I figured they might actually have enough battles to figure out that shells and torps don't magically pass through their teammates without their teammates taking the full brunt... then I decided to take a look at their account stats and.... 28 battles played. Still not much of an excuse though, there are some things that unless you lived under a rock all your life a person would pretty much already have known was going to be the likely outcome. "O I didn't know if I aimed a gun at you and pulled the trigger you might get harmed" come on, 28 battles, 28k battles, you already know that at zero battles. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,310 posts

Watch where your sailing I guess, but I mean who here has not done unintentionally?

I was in a division once,and sure enough I had the perfect torp shot,m y div mate sailed right into them, hunger for the kill I guess, I turned a nice shade of pink and we had a good old laugh about it.

I will always forever live with the shame though of a long time ago, before the devil of WoT's consumed me,I had just got the Atago,and I was uber new, didn't even know the correct keys to enter the chat etc, I launched a ful volley of torps,thinking they look nice.......

Sadly I forgot about the friendly BB which was next to me,while I was frantically trying to apologise,he was going a bit nuts, that a was a long long time ago though:Smile_veryhappy:

Players
2,310 posts
1 hour ago, Asakka said:

Best ones are people in tirpitz firing 6km torps at 12km targets through friendly ships. Fun

This should not make me giggle but for some reason it does,not that I do ofc:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
3,409 posts
18,926 battles
13 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Ya I guess you guys are right. It was beyond dumb but best to just move on. It was a tier8 ship so I figured they might actually have enough battles to figure out that shells and torps don't magically pass through their teammates without their teammates taking the full brunt... then I decided to take a look at their account stats and.... 28 battles played. Still not much of an excuse though, there are some things that unless you lived under a rock all your life a person would pretty much already have known was going to be the likely outcome. "O I didn't know if I aimed a gun at you and pulled the trigger you might get harmed" come on, 28 battles, 28k battles, you already know that at zero battles. 

Well you know sometimes you weigh the risk of maybe hitting an ally against a certain deletion of an enemy in case the torps hit it so you take a risk, if you go pink you go pink, mostly you dont...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,751 posts
11,573 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Guys, not sure how you feel about this so I said I'd ask you. First battle of the day(happen to have a day off) clicked into a T6 co-op battle. Early in the battle, in enter a cap and since it's PvE I spot ships and pop a smoke. The enemy ships are being spotted by someone else so there I am in the smoke screen, working my main guns, sending torps at the enemy, I'm broadside and totally static. I here that noise of inbound torpedo warning, they're directly at me and I get wiped out by my teammate playing a cruiser behind me... now, there is NO excuse for that you can't say "sorry" or "you drove onto my torpedoes" or "I didn't know what I was doing" or "I didn't see you" there is just no excuse. Even if you have some mental disability in which case I highly doubt they would have the where withal to control the ship like they did let alone fathom how to fire torps etc.

So what do I do? What do you guys do when you get shafted like that by a teammate inexcusably?

My options appear to be the following. Which would you chose? Is there another option?

1. Report(done, does it actually do anything?) problem with that is I will never feel justice since I will never know what if anything happens to that player

2. Send replay to support.

3. Blacklist the guy and repay they favor next time you happen to get teamed together. Eye for an eye. Have a taste of what it's like to be on the receiving end mate, like it? Didn't think so, neither did I.

Many times I use CoOp for quick way to do the necessary Directives (and daily missions)... :Smile_honoring:

Few days ago I was in my BB in nice relaxing CoOp when one DD that was AFK for first few minutes started to circle around me after he/she woke up and started to torp all around me (both parallel and perpendicular) for the rest of the game... it was high skill missing game... I didn't say a word nor I fired at him/her... I simply let me close to enemy BOTs and they killed him/her for me... that DD ended with below 100 XP... :Smile_hiding:

So... some people are... well.. "special"... and it is better to leave them be... it is no point to argue with them at all IMHO...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
2,458 posts
11,108 battles

Attitudes are different in co-op.

It's annoying when you get torp'd by your own team but you can see how important it is to WG when the TK penalty is.... to be restricted to co-op games.

I'd rather they turned team damage off tbh, like in Ops. Having it on just leads to silly trolling, kill stealing and makes some ships (like Yudachi) very difficult to use. 

Players
843 posts
15,771 battles

In co op I will just report and move on, when in randoms I will report and contact support with the replay. 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,751 posts
11,573 battles

Hi all,

Believe it or not the guy I descried in my post:

3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Many times I use CoOp for quick way to do the necessary Directives (and daily missions)... :Smile_honoring:

Few days ago I was in my BB in nice relaxing CoOp when one DD that was AFK for first few minutes started to circle around me after he/she woke up and started to torp all around me (both parallel and perpendicular) for the rest of the game... it was high skill missing game... I didn't say a word nor I fired at him/her... I simply let me close to enemy BOTs and they killed him/her for me... that DD ended with below 100 XP... :Smile_hiding:

So... some people are... well.. "special"... and it is better to leave them be... it is no point to argue with them at all IMHO...

Is the same guy the "Mighty Jingles" showcased in his latest WoWs video (the DD "player" in intro):

Leo "Apollo11"

Beta Tester
2,660 posts
2,865 battles

If an ally torps me from second line and then apologizes in chat, then all is fine with me. Accidents happen and this is part of the game. Such situations have actually lead to some truly nice in-game conversations, from time to time.

If I don't receive an apology of some kind, I usually write a line in chat with a mild enquiry - "Did you just torpedo me?", or something like that. If I get a nice and non-confrontative reply, then all is well, just as above. But if I am ignored or insulted - I once got the answer, "yes LOL"; apparently the guy thought it was funny - then I will send a report.* I will most likely also blacklist the bugger, since I have no interest in receiving further transmissions from varmints and miscreants.

Then - and this is important - I will move on to the next battle and forget about the incident. Time spent ruminating over misdeeds by net trolls in distant basements, is time wasted that you will never get back. Don't give them that satisfaction.

* The team killing system actually handles team damage automatically, but I believe that some kind of reaction against intentional misbehaviour is warranted.

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
124 posts
8,499 battles

I agree that an apology is what matters!

who here has never torped or shot someone in the heat of battle or by sheer stupid mistake?

I dont mind being torped really as long as i get the apology. But when ignored or even yelled at for ruining his torps!?!? the i go bonkers! I am sure you have all had THAT experience, having the torper yell at you, adding insult to injury!

In coop you kind of expect getting torped every now and then. 

• Cool 1