You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valoaa

Friesland... Sigh

103 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Players
130 posts
7,275 battles

Just spent a million free XP on this, the only thing good is it's devastating AA.

Everything else just feels lacking, everything.

Health Pool - Lacking... For a pure gunboat, this should be in the mid-20,000's at the very least least. 27,000 would be nice and still not over powered.

Guns - The whole point of the ship, accuracy feels awful. Either improve this, or make stock reload 1.6 instead of 1.8.

Speed - Lacking, and no engine boost.

Consumables - Feels like one charge too few, adding super intendant really messes with your captain build as ship required specific captain.

IFHE - Do I bloody add it or not for those 120mm's? I can't make my mind up. It's almost not worth it for 120mm. Give it 1/4 penetration like Akizuki and above.

Heal - Give it a heal, like the USS Kidd got hers, this could potentially outweigh all the negative above.

Right now the only good thing is the AA - Take her into a training battle with 3 tier X carriers and not one will be able to touch you.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 5

[CATS]
Players
20,491 posts
12,548 battles
7 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Just spent a million free XP on this, the only thing good is it's devastating AA.

Health Pool - Lacking... For a pure gunboat, this should be in the mid-20,000's at the very least least. 27,000 would be nice and still not over powered.

Khaba has 22500 HP at Tier X...

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,328 posts
9,240 battles

I dont know what am i more amazed, spending 1 million free xp blindly or rating a ships AA against bots

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
663 posts
3,809 battles
15 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Right now the only good thing is the AA - Take her into a training battle with 3 tier X carriers and not one will be able to touch you.

Only if they are bots. Even Enterprise would kill you alone ,let alone tier X CV :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[BABBY]
Players
503 posts
9,019 battles

HP values are 'usually' tied to tonnage. I agree that she could use a heal like the Kidd but that's about it when buffs are concerned.

Players
719 posts
9,074 battles

Friesland is an amazing ship. 

Take IFHE while not taking Concealment Expert- trust me, its a superb gunboat and you don't need to be that stealthy in it. 
Consumables are fine really, but i do agree the health pool is somewhat low- which is why you should pick up survivability expert

• Cool 1

Players
2,441 posts
12,204 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Again. Very constructive.

Players
1,639 posts
3,186 battles
13 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Guns - The whole point of the ship, accuracy feels awful. Either improve this, or make stock reload 1.6 instead of 1.8.

Consumables - Feels like one charge too few, adding super intendant really messes with your captain build as ship required specific captain.

IFHE - Do I bloody add it or not for those 120mm's? I can't make my mind up. It's almost not worth it for 120mm. Give it 1/4 penetration like Akizuki and above.

Heal - Give it a heal, like the USS Kidd got hers, this could potentially outweigh all the negative above.

I have a friend who would disagree with you.

Freisland.png

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[POMF]
Players
130 posts
7,275 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Khabarovsk has a heal worth 3150 HP (stock HP) and has 3 of them so has an effective health pool of 31,950 WITHOUT survivability expert.

• Cool 3

[POMF]
Players
130 posts
7,275 battles
5 minutes ago, kfa said:

I dont know what am i more amazed, spending 1 million free xp blindly or rating a ships AA against bots

It's obviously just an example of her AA, she is also excellent in game.

[POMF]
Players
130 posts
7,275 battles
5 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Friesland is an amazing ship. 

Take IFHE while not taking Concealment Expert- trust me, its a superb gunboat and you don't need to be that stealthy in it. 
Consumables are fine really, but i do agree the health pool is somewhat low- which is why you should pick up survivability expert

Oh I definitely have survivability expert, I usual give stock examples when mentioning stats.

[POMF]
Players
130 posts
7,275 battles
5 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Freisland.png

I would like to know what hacks he/she/they/them is using.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[RO-RN]
Players
603 posts
7,558 battles

The recent free xp ships kinda lack something,but yes friesland needs a heal or give it 1/4 he pen unlike kitakaze she has worse concealment and no torpedoes!

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
603 posts
7,558 battles
7 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Freisland.png

I can deal above 150k damage in my azuma does that mean that it is a good boat or that it is not missing something? I dont thing so!

Players
1,639 posts
3,186 battles
1 minute ago, valoaa said:

He's Dutch :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 4

[CATS]
Players
20,491 posts
12,548 battles
3 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Khabarovsk has a heal worth 3150 HP (stock HP) and has 3 of them so has an effective health pool of 31,950 WITHOUT survivability expert.

Only when you do not use smoke. Friesland has smoke.

And heal is very different from having the HP directly.

No DD at Tier IX comes close to your suggestion.

And you suggested heal additionally...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,857 battles
8 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Again. Very constructive.

And he is missing the point that Khaba has armor and a heal, making that HP pool more effective.

• Cool 3

Players
489 posts
21 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Right. And give it a main battery reload booster, 10km radar and 60mm plating all around as well. Oh and upgrade the dual turrets to quads, pls.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
1,861 posts

From the pros and cons, I understood the gun ballistics are kind of.. well.. rubbish. How do they compare against, say, US guns or Soviet guns?

Beta Tester
55 posts
8,540 battles
2 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Well thats me.... 

I have been switching between to Captain setups

1. 1979387527_Schermopname(23).thumb.png.541347868db309a0650c24a8a2b22c25.png

2.701643383_Schermopname(156).thumb.png.3bd242170e729956e2cf1ca90b4ed709.png

2109884835_Schermopname(157).png.5a7b2d123953e50751f8dac7286c29e5.png

Friesland can be fun especially when people starting shouting stop shooting me xD.

but that aside there are a few things i think could be better:

1. At really close ranges(yes i do sometime tend to do that at some occasions) the shells have the tendency of being still floaty and going over the DD you are fighting and makes you have to aim pretty low.

2. she could use a heal Consumable(HP pool increase doesn't really feel like an solution to me)

Things i do like:

1. Wonderfull AA(Turn off AA and let them come into 3-4km range and turn every single thing AA related on)

2. Does have a pretty good response time to start turing if needed

3. nice 360° turret rotation

4. the capability to melt a enemy DD down in relative short time

• Cool 2

Players
719 posts
9,074 battles
28 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

He's Dutch :Smile_hiding:

Okay okay, thats my secret too. So far (like 10 battles only though) i average around 110k damage

Players
1,861 posts
1 minute ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Okay okay, thats my secret too. So far (like 10 battles only though) i average around 110k damage

You're Dutch? :Smile_amazed:

[VH]
Players
137 posts
10,983 battles
40 minutes ago, Asakka said:

Only if they are bots. Even Enterprise would kill you alone ,let alone tier X CV :Smile_hiding:

this ship eats hakuryu planes for fun especially db and rocket planes I turn away with my planes now just the same as I do with mnos 

Players
719 posts
9,074 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

You're Dutch? :Smile_amazed:

Its getting confusing now eh... 

3 minutes ago, Dutch_Soldier said:

Well thats me.... 

I have been switching between to Captain setups

1. 1979387527_Schermopname(23).thumb.png.541347868db309a0650c24a8a2b22c25.png

2.701643383_Schermopname(156).thumb.png.3bd242170e729956e2cf1ca90b4ed709.png

2109884835_Schermopname(157).png.5a7b2d123953e50751f8dac7286c29e5.png

Friesland can be fun especially when people starting shouting stop shooting me xD.

but that aside there are a few things i think could be better:

1. At really close ranges(yes i do sometime tend to do that at some occasions) the shells have the tendency of being still floaty and going over the DD you are fighting and makes you have to aim pretty low.

2. she could use a heal Consumable(HP pool increase doesn't really feel like an solution to me)

Things i do like:

1. Wonderfull AA(Turn off AA and let them come into 3-4km range and turn every single thing AA related on)

2. Does have a pretty good response time to start turing if needed

3. nice 360° turret rotation

4. the capability to melt a enemy DD down in relative short time

The whole "stop shooting me" is amazing indeed
You can be like okay, in half a minute and then proceed to sling "only" fourhundred extra shells on them. 
The 360° turret rotation is amazing
The fire chance is insane
manoeuvrability is very good even if speed is somewhat low
I run a less skilled captain & i think slightly different build, but it is one of my favourite ships really

Beta Tester
55 posts
8,540 battles

these are my stats so far

291332853_Schermopname(158).thumb.png.8ebc535bccd347e61ac43f1b1e2d3936.png

In the end i have maybe a bit odd but i do think she is a decent DD 

But also have that feeling that she does seem to miss something.

• Cool 2