Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_uG3yTg45NQM6

Illegal to criticize Customer Support?

12 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts

While I do understand the wish to not have any threads with negative remarks about the game and the support, I still believe it's not a good idea to delete threads where their paying customers come out with criticism - as long as they don't break any forum rules.

I created a thread here yesterday, in the OFF TOPIC section, putting out some negative remarks about the lack of customer service here. I was VERY careful not to quote what they said directly - in order to not have it locked because of a violation of that rule.

Considering the lack of service from the customer support, I guess I shouldn't really be surprised when I log in here today to check if there were any replies to the thread and find that they didn't lock the thread: they deleted it.

No message regarding why it was deleted, and since I am able to write here, no forum ban (yet ;-) )

Guess I just got to accept the fact that it's their server, and the fact that freedom of speech does not apply here at all - at least if it involves criticism...

Just in case someone wonders, the original thread was about Customer Support offering no help regarding a theft from my PayPal account, just a referral to the Russian servers customer support - where everything is written in Russian... They could not even give an email address where I would have a possibility to communicate with the Russians...

By the way, does anyone know if it's illegal to give away the account here?

Kind regards

Morten

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
20,487 posts
12,546 battles

Critic of Customer Support is not illegal. They just do not want it here.

I suggest to contact Mrconway, Crysantos or Sehales directly when you have problems with Customer Support.

And no, it is not illegal to give away your account. It just breaks WG rules and it gets closed down.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,723 posts
12 minutes ago, Morten_Mathisen said:

and the fact that freedom of speech does not apply here at all

so why is your first (and as far as I remember identical) thread still online?

Players
15 posts
6 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

so why is your first (and as far as I remember identical) thread still online?

The thread that was here, with replies, is gone.

***** Was wrong - se below ***As far as I remember, you also replied in that thread too...

(edit: remembered wrong on the name - sorry - you didn't reply in that thread.

[MIAU]
Players
3,525 posts
9 minutes ago, Morten_Mathisen said:

The thread that was here, with replies, is gone.

As far as I remember, you also replied in that thread too...

The original thread (not the removed one) also has a reply. An actual helpfull one that you ignore for some reason. You didn't even bother to explore the option I showed you.

Creating duplicate threads is against the forums rules in the first place (discussing moderation is too). And apparently you are not really looking for help, as you ignore any advice that is given to you. So closing (or removing) the copy was absolutly fine.

Players
15 posts
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

The original thread (not the romoved one) also has a reply. An actual helpfull one that you ignore for some reason. You didn't even bother to explore the option I showed you.

Creating duplicate threads is against the forums rules in the first place (discussing moderation is too). And apparently you are not really looking for help, as you ignore any advice that is given to you. So closing (or removing) the copy was absolutly fine.

I did do as posted there. 

When you post there, it's a private thread that only the thread starter and wargaming.eu/moderators see. 

And fyi, absolutely nothing useful came out of it.

Players
15 posts
21 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Critic of Customer Support is not illegal. They just do not want it here.

I suggest to contact Mrconway, Crysantos or Sehales directly when you have problems with Customer Support.

And no, it is not illegal to give away your account. It just breaks WG rules and it gets closed down.

Any idea how to do that? Contacting one of them directly? I assume they are at the next level in customer support?

[MIAU]
Players
3,525 posts
1 minute ago, Morten_Mathisen said:

I did do as posted there. 

When you post there, it's a private thread that only the thread starter and wargaming.eu/moderators see. 

And fyi, absolutely nothing useful came out of it.

Well you certainly didn't when you created your copy thread yesterday.

Even if we can't see the post in the thread, we would have seen your post count go up. But your post count only ever moved when you posted a reply to your copy thread.

There also wasn't exactly much time (two hours or less) between your original thread and the copy. The creation of the copy was your second post to this forum. I paid attention to that, as I initially wanted to help you. So at best you posted to the support thread afterwards. Then you started to [edited] and moan towards every reply you got. It never looked like you were actually interested in resolving the situation. It still doesn't.

By the way: Did you know that you could have at least tried to contact the RU customer support in english? Or you could use google translate.

2 minutes ago, Morten_Mathisen said:

Any idea how to do that? Contacting one of them directly? I assume they are at the next level in customer support?

If you posted in the mentioned thread, you already did that. There are also private messages (the envelope like icon at the top of the forum, next to your name and the search field).

Players
15 posts

The links that I got only refers to the russian website.

EVERYTHING is in russian there - I am not able to navigate the webpage even. 

You might be right though, about me having an "attitude", I have to admit that I was (and still is) pretty upset about how customer service first 2-3 times insisted on them needing screenshot from the by then deleted paypal account - while I were on the phone with PayPals customer support which said that only the transaction Id (which I had on email) were needed - and that I regardless should not give screenshots of my paypal account. Only when I copied and pasted the response from the support here and sent to PayPal did they even look into it - and discovered that it was on the Russian server - but offered no real help in how to contact them (as I don't understand Russian).

Tried to look at the Russian webpage, and I have given up on being able to submit anything there.

So, yes, you are probably very right in me having a bit of a negative attitude now; I apologize if I've taken it out on you or any others in the community.

55 posts
1,597 battles

Thread closed, discussing moderation is a violation of our forum rules. 

You still have one existing thread, identical to the one that was locked.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2