DinJoe_EU

Mogami build.

6 comments in this topic

[SHOT]
Players
2 posts
2,665 battles

In the Myoko currently.

Let me explain, I'm torn on the Mogami gun options. I know that IFHE+155mm is the best choice but I'm not having plans to respec my commander for only one ship which I'm not even keeping in port. All I want out of this grind is the Zao, so that I can watch everything burn, from 18km of course.

So, here's the question, should I go 155mm without IFHE or 203mm instead.

Thank you.

55 posts
1,605 battles

If you dont plan on going with IFHE, I would definiately recommend 203mm. If you use 155mm without IFHE, you will 9/10 times see your shells shatter - Not to mention that matchmaking becomes quite brutal, as you risk of getting tier 8 vs tier 10. And your 155 without IFHE wont stand a chance then.

Good luck chasing the Zao, its a lovely ship. :cap_rambo::cap_like:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,944 posts
3,642 battles

Right now I am using PT, AR, DE, CE, IFHE as I didn't feel like spending 37k free xp to unlock the 203's.

She is definetly more consistent in her damage output (using the 155's) with IFHE than she is without though, for what that is worth.

Players
87 posts
11,451 battles

Side note: Mogami's 155 mm without IFHE can penetrate 25 mm bows and sterns of cruisers (all except 27 mm USN & KM CA's). That is at least slight advantage over other nations' 152 mm guns.

Players
7,870 posts
9,499 battles

Mogami/203 is perfectly serviceable in terms of gameplay, as she has improved firing arcs as well hallmark IJN cruiser accuracy, so you can get exp towards Ibuki that way.

Keep in mind, whole reason to keep Mogami is her 155mm config, preferably with IFHE. If you want tier 8 heavy cruisers, I'd say there are better options than Mogami/203.

• Cool 3

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,766 posts
6,898 battles

I did the grind with the 155 without IFHE and a rudder shift dodge build, and it worked perfectly fine. Sure you will get more shatters but as long as you hit the superstructure the damage is still nice and fire starting potential is great thanks to the amount of shells. Also you will murder DD's.

203 Mogami is IMO just a bit boring and overshadowed by the 155 mm guns, and like Panocek says if you want a 203 mm cruiser pretty much every other tier 8 with them is a better platform.

Sign in to follow this