jieyaw

Daring/Lightning build

5 comments in this topic

[W-C]
Players
20 posts
1,346 battles

I'm going down the RN dds, and I'm currently at the Icarus.

I need help with my captain build. I currently have a 11 point captain specced into PT, LS, SE and CE.

I know I need IFHE for the Daring/Jutland due to the 113mm guns, to get sufficient penetration.

My question is how do I spend my remaining 5 points for the Daring/Jutland? SI + AR, or BFT + AR, or RL + PM, or another combination? Or should I stop at the Lightning to avoid needing IFHE?

Thanks!

[SHOT]
Players
2 posts
2,652 battles

I'm currently on Jutland. RL is not as valuable on Jutland/Daring as in Gearing or Shima because of your 360 turrets and your smoke screens. In Gearing, for example you need RL for avoiding combat during smoke screen downtime and in Shima, you want to avoid combat altogether. In RN DD's you can easily disengage if you are caught by surprise by popping smoke. Plus, you have to give up AR to get it. So I wouldn't recommend RL for Daring/Jutland for random battles.

Now, for SI or BFT. Imo there is no easy answer to that question. It depends on what armament you prefer, guns or torps. If you prefer torps on Daring, just go SI for the extra heal. If you're going for gunboat build (AS YOU SHOULD.. :)) then it comes to preference, but note that the only valuable thing you get from SI is extra heal heal (since you rarely run out of smokes or hydro). And in BFT the only value is +10%DPM on guns (because DD AA.......). So it comes to preference. I went SI on my captain, but there is no correct answer.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,765 posts
6,898 battles

I run PT, LS, AR SE, BFT, CE and IFHE.

BFT is just an overall great skill. The flat HP is often better from SE than an extra heal, so BFT is your most valid option. 10 % faster RoF means better DPM, more fires and while Daring AA is pretty bad you can atleast down a plane or 2 in smoke so it does help in that sense.

I say get BFT.

[SDS7]
Players
73 posts
3,751 battles

Agree, get BTF to get 2 sec reload  with AR even better, at 50 % HP lost, you will get 1.8 sec reload. Daring is all about guns :)

[TTT]
1,251 posts
13,022 battles
On 10/23/2019 at 7:40 AM, ollonborre said:

I run PT, LS, AR SE, BFT, CE and IFHE.

BFT is just an overall great skill. The flat HP is often better from SE than an extra heal, so BFT is your most valid option. 10 % faster RoF means better DPM, more fires and while Daring AA is pretty bad you can atleast down a plane or 2 in smoke so it does help in that sense.

I say get BFT.

This is the correct build on the Daring for randoms.

For competitive (clan battles), you do want to swap AR and BFT for RL and PM as your own DPM is less important.

• Cool 1