Sign in to follow this  
Luke6_31

Nerf Smolensk

40 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
29 posts
6,048 battles

Hey WG. Do something about this ship. You know smoke and HE spammers doesn't work. (See Kutuzov & Belfast). [edited]SORT THIS crap OUT!!!. Also, Nerf the Soviet BB's FFS. I doubt you even play your own game sometimes. Just awful managment of this game.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 5

[DIV-1]
Players
95 posts
4,778 battles

They need to nerf it hard or remove it from the game. And please give me my coal back so I can choose another ship with it. I have the Smolensk since it was released in the Arsenal and I regret buying her. It's so lame, go in smoke at 16 to 16.6 km, spam everyone to hell and do that a few times per match and end up 1st or 2nd place in team almost all rounds just by doing damage done. No challenge, no fun at all. Remove it's smoke consumable OR reduce the fire chance drastically (not both). I don't want to piss other players off by playing this ship so it's in my port. I wasted my coal which I saved almost 6 months for. I was so happy to finally buy my first coal ship and now I have this piece of OP poop in my port for nothing  :(

• Cool 6

Players
11 posts
2,001 battles

stupid  id##t ship editor made smolensk fucked 10x overpowered ship...   he ammo 5x oveprowered ... every shot ship gets on fire.. from smolenks he ammo.   and smokes , and not enough he got fucked torps ... fucked idiot man is who made such overpovered shipp.... 

• Cool 3

[ZPT]
Players
170 posts

Smolensk is just a reflection of wet dreams of the Great Power with the weakest navy!

I guess they seek improvement of their self-esteem by making overpowered fake virtual ships in an online game!

Same goes for the entire russian battleship line!

• Cool 2

[MOWOP]
Players
9 posts
9,308 battles

Wargaming is data driven. Just because a lot of us complain about the Smolensk, this won't lead to changes or deletions. 

But I do hope that WG looks at the data, because at this point it has to show how OP the ship is. 

the combo of fast (and many) guns, smoke, hydro, range and armor that either overpens or deflects when angled even slightly just make it too powerful. 

Easy way to fix it: 

- more chance to citadel (i.e. Minotaur)

- remove hydro

- cut range by 2km

• Cool 3

[UAC]
Players
451 posts
1,577 battles

I put the video just for the intro (you may find it satisfying) :Smile_hiding:

Spoiler

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
1 post
13,696 battles

Hi Guys,

this Smolensk is too op. It destroyes the whole gameplay.  This crap ship is camping all the time and i hate it totally. But it is a russian cruiser, so it must be so good. Really nice. Well done WG.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-NFG-]
Players
25 posts
2,400 battles

Remove this ship from game. In ranked - two Smolensks in the team is almost guaranteed win. Met it couple of times and i literally coudn't fight it. It melts the HP, also cannot be torped due to hydro and general small size, starts fires like crazy and don't forget - it also has torps with decent range. I killed it couple of times however it was becuase of pure player stupidity (showed up 8 km from my hindenburg broadside) but anyway it took like 50% of my HP before died.

This ship should be removed from game, compensated by the coal used on it (return it to player) and never ever return just like Missouri which destroyed the game economy however - you could fight it like normal BB.

• Cool 1

[FISHR]
Players
16 posts
1,510 battles
On 11/15/2019 at 11:10 PM, Jean_Bart said:

Smolensk is broken ship that should never be in the game to begin with!

WG: "Russian bias is not a thing in WoWS"

Russian ships: "hold our vodka"

• Funny 1

[DIV-1]
Players
95 posts
4,778 battles
2 hours ago, Stronginthearms said:

soon to be nerfed along with edinburgh, colbart and the bayard in the inertia fuse changes

will it mean for all ships like Helena and Cleveland (USA light cruisers) as well? because they lack any nice gimmick like the Smolensk has (like torps, hydro, smoke). They only got short duration radar. Helena don't even have that. Only tier 8 and up.

[-AGT-]
Players
38 posts
2,522 battles

Everybody who thinks the smolensk is op, should try the smolensk first, before he or she call it overpowered.

Everybody who say the smolenks is op, was never sitting in a smolensk, while it exploded after just 2 torpedo-hits.

• 2 torps and it's down.
  • 1 citadel and it is down.
  • You need under any circumstances to take range extender in Slot 6, or you have just lousy 13 km range.  13 km! -> On T10!
  • It has only very few 32,4k hitpoints. That's not twice as much as a shimakaze has (17,9k). Other Cruisers have almost the double hitpoints of Smolensk.

For this disadvantages it has the other advantages, which you are calling here "op".

Please own and try this ship first, before u call it op. Nobody deserves to call it op until he has not played it.
I play it, and it is totally balanced. (Tendencial underpowered, considering the list of disadvantages)

@Wargaming: Smolensk is fine how it is, do not nerf it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
845 posts
2 hours ago, _Nexis981_ said:

Everybody who thinks the smolensk is op, should try the smolensk first, before he or she call it overpowered.

Everybody who say the smolenks is op, was never sitting in a smolensk, while it exploded after just 2 torpedo-hits.

• 2 torps and it's down.
  • You need under any circumstances to take range extender in Slot 6, or you have just lousy 13 km range.  13 km! -> On T10!
  • It has only very few 32,4k hitpoints. That's not twice as much as a shimakaze has (17,9k). Other Cruisers have almost the double hitpoints of Smolensk.

For this disadvantages it has the other advantages, which you are calling here "op".

Please own and try this ship first, before u call it op. Nobody deserves to call it op until he has not played it.
I play it, and it is totally balanced. (Tendencial underpowered, considering the list of disadvantages)

Or u take AFT and reload mod and have 16km range and insane dpm.

But if u take AFT and range mod u get about 19km......reversing Yamatos get rdy. 

• Cool 1

[DIV-1]
Players
95 posts
4,778 battles
10 hours ago, _Nexis981_ said:

• 2 torps and it's down.

lol you got to be kidding me, I can sit in smoke with that thing and fire hell down on anyone from 16.6 km, with hydro on to dodge torps DDs send to me, I'm always out of radar range, I also send out torps myself. I've never been killed when in smoke and barely get killed when out of my smoke. I have SI for even more smokes and hydro, I can sit in smoke most of the match and just burn anyone. The ship is OP, it should not have a combination of that kind of range, with smoke and hydro and also long range torps and good AA. And most important is that the ship starts fires too easy. Which for example the Minotaur can't do. The ship has almost 0 negative things to counter it's extreme good points. It's not even fun burning so many ships so easy so I barely play the ship. I would like to have my coal back for another ship. Or I'll play the ship again when it's nerfed. There is no challange playing the Smolensk to make the game fun and I don't enjoying winning because I know the ship is much better than the others. Plus I don't like to piss other players off, we all deserve to have fun in this game. Not destroying it by playing with an OP ship for personal gain.

• Cool 1

[-AGT-]
Players
38 posts
2,522 battles
Vor 10 Stunden, SirAmra sagte:

Or u take AFT and reload mod and have 16km range and insane dpm.

But if u take AFT and range mod u get about 19km......reversing Yamatos get rdy. 

What ist AFT?

In other words:

• It gives you a advantage over players without that AFT-thingy?
  • It let u shot 3km more than limited by the game? :Smile_amazed:

Sounds like cheating and should get forbidden and punished. 

I am talking about a Smolensk, uncheatet and while a fair using of the game how it is intended.

It seems your real issue is the using of this cheat.

In other words: The Smolensk is balanced if you do not cheat.

• Boring 1

[K-W-O]
Players
44 posts
20,681 battles
39 minutes ago, _Nexis981_ said:

What ist AFT?

In other words:

I am talking about a Smolensk, uncheatet and while a fair using of the game how it is intended.

since when are captain skill's you can choose provided by the game, cheats??

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,764 posts
6,898 battles
45 minutes ago, _Nexis981_ said:

What ist AFT?

In other words:

Cheat? AFT stands for advanced firing training which is a captain skill. I suggest you look up what it does.

[ZPT]
Players
170 posts

The tier 10 battles are full of ships bought with money - Smolensk, Stalingrad, Thunderer, Yoshino and so on, played by players with less than 200 battles! :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-AGT-]
Players
38 posts
2,522 battles
Vor 49 Minuten, ollonborre sagte:

Cheat? AFT stands for advanced firing training which is a captain skill. I suggest you look up what it does.

Thank you for explaning. Did not know for what just the letters alone are standing for.

There are still huge disadvantages of the Smolensk.

So you need either the range extender for Slot 6 ....or ... a captain-skill which costs 4 points, to increase the lousy range of 13km on T10.

Not to mention the huge disadvantage in point of weakness and the very low hitpoints.

Vor 2 Minuten, Jean_Bart sagte:

The tier 10 battles are full of ships bought with money - Smolensk, Stalingrad, Thunderer, Yoshino and so on, played by players with less than 200 battles! :Smile_sceptic:

Coal and Steel for Money? Smolensk is only available for 240'000 Coal and Stalingrad only for 28'000 Steel. 

You cannot buy coal or steel with money. You can earn coal and steel only by playing.

Free-xp-Ships are buyable with money, but not coal-ships or steel-ships like Smolensk or Staingrad.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ZPT]
Players
170 posts
On 12/6/2019 at 7:38 PM, Stronginthearms said:

soon to be nerfed along with edinburgh, colbart and the bayard in the inertia fuse changes

Dream on! :Smile_trollface:

That will never happen! :Smile_sceptic:

[CATS]
Players
20,481 posts
12,546 battles
3 minutes ago, Jean_Bart said:

With money? :Smile_veryhappy:

Please show me the Stalingrad player with less than 200 games :Smile_great:

• Bad 1

[-AGT-]
Players
38 posts
2,522 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, Jean_Bart sagte:

That will never happen! :Smile_sceptic:

I hope so :Smile_Default: Because it should never happen. It is balanced.

Sign in to follow this