You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

Edited* in clans?

26 comments in this topic

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,730 posts
20,994 battles

What are the usual minimum requirements for a player to be accepted in a clan? 

Over 50% WR or what? 

I am asking this because I have seen lately in randoms clan players playing worse than bots. 

Usually clan players were not necessary good, but at least decent, and, what was more important, they knew how to play for the objectives... 

• Boring 4

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,936 posts
3,640 battles

Pretty sure it varies wildly depending on the clan.

And yes I have seen quite a few "special" players with clan tags as well.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ADRIA]
Players
198 posts
10,239 battles

Being in a clan doesn't mean youre skilled, any1 with 1.5k to 3k gold can make a clan. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,574 posts
5,945 battles

When Clans first arrived I genuinely thought that, if someone asked me to be a member it meant they'd seen me play and were impressed so they'd checked my stats, maybe sent some messages in game to check out my temperament etc but it turns out that most (but not all) Clan Leaders just click "Invite" without a great deal of thought as to the persons performance in-game.

[CR-S]
Players
565 posts

There are many "4fun"-clans, or such which just want to have the benefits. In that case stats do not matter, they take everyone who plays a few times a week to collect some oil. Many times the members don´t communicate, play together or even speak the same language.

I left such a clan about a year ago.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
6,835 posts
7,602 battles

Ive seen people on twitch just sending invites to anyone who has no clan...

Clearly no indication. And country-specific clans are the worst, they take anyone who is from that country :cap_hmm:

[DAVY]
Players
2,016 posts
10,886 battles
14 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

Being in a clan doesn't mean youre skilled, any1 with 1.5k to 3k gold can make a clan. 

it's 'on sale' at the moment only 1k :P

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
2,436 posts
11,053 battles
15 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Over 50% WR or what? 

None. At. All. 

My clan is just me. And I'd take anyone else who fancies building up the Base structures and bonuses. Presumably WG will introduce a premium Clan tier at some point, you'll just have to wait until then for exclusivity.

• Cool 2

Players
1,235 posts
6,951 battles

Depends on clan staff. Some are willing to accept new ones so that they can train them and let them improve.

Some clans are friends only, no matter what skill.

Completely irrelevant and pointless question imo.

• Cool 3

[TSSU]
Players
149 posts
25 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Over 50% WR or what? 

I am asking this because I have seen lately in randoms clan players playing worse than bots. 

Usually clan players were not necessary good, but at least decent, and, what was more important, they knew how to play for the objectives... 

Erm, unless you're wanting to be a competitive clan, why should there be any requirement on win rate to be in one? The one I'm in is for fun, the discounts associated, and laid back (that's why I chose it amongst several invites!). There's no pressure, there's no "Wait, you've hit a bad spot - sorry, you're OUT". I deliberately chose my clan for those reasons rather than a competitive one (if they would even have offered to me :D ) as I didn't want pressure or other while playing. 

Just try to chill a bit - it's a game - so people can play it to derive different objectives and clans can have different objectives. So some players may suck - that's just something you can hope they try to improve - but to get over 50% win rate.... someone has to get under 50% win rate, right? We can't be an entire game of super unicums :D

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,936 posts
3,640 battles
10 minutes ago, Salentine said:

it's 'on sale' at the moment only 1k :P

Good to hear, no time like the present to create the WoWS branch of [LAFIE] then.

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
3,382 posts
18,792 battles
42 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Over 50% WR or what? 

Well whatever the clan chief decides I guess...

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
Players
3,417 posts
12,634 battles

When I started my clan, it was supposed to be a one man show, just for the benefits and without the competitive stuff. Over time this changed tho. 

As a clan leader, I want to expand my clan and dive into clan battles. 

I started looking for players with my WR and better, but to no avail. 

After my my nearly year long hiatus, I tried again but this time I changed my strategy. 

I‘m looking for two kinds of players: the active, clan less chap who wants to have some benefits and casual play, stats don’t matter THAT much.

And the one who wants to play clan battles as well, but couldn’t make it into one of the bigger clans, who snatched all the good players ages ago. 

Based on my history with WoWS, I know that some of the former might become the latter, with practice and experience. 

I got lucky, as two good players recently joined my clan, and sofar we had a lot of fun. 

There are of course a lot of bad players in clans who play for fun, and some are coop exclusive clans. Not all of them tho, and when I see certain clan tags in game on my team, I start weeping. 

• Cool 5

Players
1,049 posts
20 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Depends on clan staff. Some are willing to accept new ones so that they can train them and let them improve.

Some clans are friends only, no matter what skill.

Completely irrelevant and pointless question imo.

Bildergebnis für thats right gif

[MUMMY]
Players
220 posts
7,243 battles
47 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Pretty sure it varies wildly depending on the clan.

And yes I have seen quite a few "special" players with clan tags as well.

This....

My old clan fitted in with the "accept anyone to get oil" school of thought. 

Rarely played competitive due to lack of players online, those that were online did not necessarily have VoIP, and if they did they did not necessarily have a command of a common tongue (my case english). 

They would take anyone regardless of ability, just activity to get the oil and the associated clan rewards.  

I put up with that for around 6 months before putting in an application for MUMMY. 

Huge difference in the clans.  

[INTRO]
Players
640 posts
12,573 battles

I started [INTRO] for the economic benefits and was alone for the first six months. Didn't bother me.

Then I did a shoutout in a FB-group and some more joined. Today we are 30 members and have an almost fully built base. We gather oil, keep an eye out for news and gift-codes. Help eachother with tips and tricks and anyone is free to ask if anyone else wants to div. up. No one's forced to do anything but if you're too inactive (at least 21 days) then you can be kicked out. We do Naval Battles but that's about it. "Pull your weight, reap the benefits." Most of us are swedish but anyone's welcome.

Out of 30 members 12 are on our FB-group, we have a discord set up and if enough members want to play CB then we'll do it. That's it. As casual as they come.

P.S. We have five empty slots if some one wants to join. D.S.

• Cool 3

Players
840 posts
15,735 battles

It truly depends on the clan, the one I'm in basically has only the requirement of not being an [expletive], skill level isn't the main thing upon joining rather being a decent person and a desire to learn is all that's required. Although newer members are encouraged to division up with more experienced players to help teach them to be better. 

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
1,023 posts
6,340 battles

My requirement is for the person to be my friend.

1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Since when is having a clan tag proportional to players skill/experience?

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
1,201 posts
9,645 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Over 50% WR or what? 

We have no requirements really anyone can join and grind the oil:cap_haloween:even 42% WR.  But then as a clam average we are below 50%:Smile_hiding:

[SM0KE]
Players
3,576 posts
9,222 battles

I'm still surprised at the number of people who *aren't* in a clan; the benefits alone make it a no-brainer IMO...

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
2,140 posts
7,788 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Over 50% WR or what? 

Are you surprised?

There are 4 leagues for clans, in each league there are I don't know how many clans, in each clan can be from 1 to 100 players.

there's a lot of people.

And not every clan can be a Omni or alike.

Players
2,302 posts
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm still surprised at the number of people who *aren't* in a clan; the benefits alone make it a no-brainer IMO...

I was once one of those people, something to do with not liking how others played, if they use TS or not, or simply if they are stats focused or not, I was determined to stay that way too.

The a very nice man invited me to join,and well my strong willed determination sort of went out the port hole,yep the force in this one is not strong.

Some fun times in divisions although mainly now I play for the naval battles only.