Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Sunray super hard 5 stars - has anybody done this one succesfully?

8 comments in this topic

Players
4,700 posts
9,567 battles

Because it seems impossible to get the final halloween container because I keep getting inadequate teammates for the job.

I don't feel like having to (re)write about the whole ordeal, but it basically comes down to having several times gotten close to saving the second tower, only for your teammates to suddenly start going full potato mode and throwing the game.

Here is what I had written about it earlier today and it describes my frustration well I think

2 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

5 stars in Sunray sh is possible and I was in a team in whcih we were sooo close!

The plan consisted of also to ignore the Gorgon at first and focus on defending the tower and the previous battle we as a team came to the conclusion that 1 DD was enough to kill Gorgon.

So the plan was to first ignore Gorgon and later send one DD to kill Gorgon while the other 6 focussed on defending the second tower.

And it nearly worked, I had Gorgon down well below 100k when almost everybody started focussing Gorgon as well. First the cruisers and then the rest.

One of the Bbs decided to go for the glorious ram on a permaburning and permaflooding Gorgon with under 70k hp while the tower was at 80k hp around the 2minute mark.

The 2nd tower received about 60k damage within half a minute (one of the ships that had actual guns which was ignored because we had too many teammates ignoring the plan and focussing a mostly harmless enemy.

The 2nd tower got destroyed with around 30 seconds left on the clock. And you know what happened next? Someone said "what did we wrong?", he apparently really had no idea! How? Why? WTF? :fish_panic:

I can't take this much stupid. I'm done with this format of halloween.

I mean, why even bother to try to get a team together if they will just throw a game this hard. My gods, I really can't believe this. I'm mindblown.

Not only don't we get these crates anymore for doing directives like last year, but the halloween missions themselves don't even count for the current directives anymore. Why is it too hard to get a team of competent normal people together? At least last year I was able to carry games solo and I didn't really mind as the stakes were way lower then. But with this? For me it's either get 5 stars or have time wasted with hardly any gain whatsoever.

I've been trying for days and the biggest hurdle is my inability to assemble a team of people of at least my own skill level that can also stick to a plan and do the smart thing when it's needed. And peoplke who can do some thinking on their own without following me around for half a match simply because I happened to appear like some kind of leader to them or something :cap_book:

But this seems fruitless to me and I basically can't be motivated to try again.

If the halloween 2020 has the same format it has this year I will uninstall and save myself the trouble of having to put up with this seemingly inpenetrable and endless barrier of stupidiy I have to put up with, only to be able to get this last one crate.

It's been a bit of a tradition for me and Sunray is. or was. the best operation ever. But I'm fed up with this. It's been about a week or so? I've tried maybe 100 times but I've reached boiling point or something.

Either get me a normal team or GTFO with this halloween. I'm done with it. Done with trying.

What does it take to get that final star in this ops? Is there anybody that has managed to get 5 stars here?

Thus far I have not heard of any success. Super hard ST 5 stars is doable. it's on youtube, I got it. But this operation? Sunray sh? It seems impossible with these people. There seems to always be at least 1 person that somehow managed to frack up and throw the 5th star.

Has anyone gotten 5 stars here?

[NWP]
Players
6,826 posts
7,602 battles

You really want me not playing Halloween ops, right? If i read this, why should i touch it :Smile_veryhappy:

Its not like, i need those "rewards" anyway :cap_old:

• Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,928 posts
4,801 battles

Sunray was the easy one to 5-star on very hard for me. Just make sure that everyone stays about a square south of the 2nd tower, because at that point in the game, transylvania wont get attacked anymore, and your battleship heals are big enough that you can ignore the filth. The dd first kills rasputin, then spends the most of the remainder of the game slowly torping the carrier to death, that way you get 3 bbs protecting the tower/transylvania.

saving transylvania on very hard though... its easy to 4 star it, but to get 5 stars, you have to have absolutely perfect timing with 3x bb rams and a torp volley all within 5-10 sec. me and my clan did that accidentally on the first attempt, and so far, we havent managed to do it again lol.

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
253 posts
16,008 battles

I think I got lucky. Got it on Sunday on my first try with a random team (2 guys from the same clan, otherwise completely random). 5 stars and everyone between about 1700 and 2300 base xp.

Saving Tranylvania on the other hand... went well until Rasputin which sunk every one of us one after the other. I guess three BBs with ramming signals ramming her at the same time is the way to go.

• Cool 1

Players
4,745 posts
8,448 battles
3 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Can't find a division of seven so no even trying it without CV.

There is no CV anymore ;)

• Cool 1

Players
4,700 posts
9,567 battles
5 hours ago, thiextar said:

Sunray was the easy one to 5-star on very hard for me. Just make sure that everyone stays about a square south of the 2nd tower, because at that point in the game, transylvania wont get attacked anymore, and your battleship heals are big enough that you can ignore the filth. The dd first kills rasputin, then spends the most of the remainder of the game slowly torping the carrier to death, that way you get 3 bbs protecting the tower/transylvania.

saving transylvania on very hard though... its easy to 4 star it, but to get 5 stars, you have to have absolutely perfect timing with 3x bb rams and a torp volley all within 5-10 sec. me and my clan did that accidentally on the first attempt, and so far, we havent managed to do it again lol.

I think I got lucky with the div that I was in. We did have this planned but execution was sloppy. But for some reason it worked :Smile_trollface:

This was before the method of doing so got uploaded to youtube. The DDs having to stay in the smoke is a given and someone else came up with the idea of the multiram and we did it :Smile_medal:

And your explanation of how to do a Sunray sh 5 star is very similar to how we've tried it, now starting to get countless times :Smile_sad:

At some point I decided to let the BBs farm the first few minutes of the game (I usually play Urashima) and camp near the 1st tower to farm the spawns there.

I'm perfectly capable of taking out Gorgon so I usually end up being the one tasked for this but if someone else wants to havea  go then that's fine with me.

It's often smooth sailing till the last few minutes of the game. Then the potatoes start popping and it's over :Smile_sceptic:

Sign in to follow this