You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
M4R4Z

Next free XP ship?

34 comments in this topic

Players
104 posts

Hi, I am close to one million free XP, but Azuma seems to be an underwhelming ship (moreover I will probably get her bigger sister, Yoshino, as a coal ship). I have got all other available Free XP ships.
Are there any rumours about other free XP ships to be available within some months?

Thanks

[CRYO]
Players
56 posts
2,843 battles

There is no rumor at all. Also MrConvay on stream confirmed there will be at least few months before any other will come out since they have just released Friesland. 

If I were to guess, my vote would be on Siegfried (given the resource of every other t9 large cruiser was freeXP and it was already modeled and tested - albeit being reworked right now)

[KAKE]
Players
1,865 posts
4,292 battles

None confirmed.

Of the ships currently in development I would say Siegfried is the most likely candidate for being offered up for free exp.

Players
7,782 posts
9,492 battles
8 minutes ago, M4R4Z said:

Hi, I am close to one million free XP, but Azuma seems to be an underwhelming ship (moreover I will probably get her bigger sister, Yoshino, as a coal ship). I have got all other available Free XP ships.
Are there any rumours about other free XP ships to be available within some months?

Thanks

Alaska is much better pick overall than Azuma and Smolensk would be better coal investment as well.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,383 posts
12,632 battles

Rumor has it, the Genova will become the next free XP ship, although to a reduced price of only 750k free XP. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 17

Players
104 posts

Thanks for replies. I got Alaska by free XP already. But I had missed Friesland (thought it was a coal or steel ship), yet I do not like that type of gameplay (I likeDDs with low detection like Japanese and British). 

Coal-wise, I do not like Smolensk gameplay, I could perhaps get Thunderer (instead of Yoshino) and get Azuma for free XP.... well, I have still a week or more to decide :)

Players
64 posts

Stay away Azuma. She is monotone to play as she lacks torpedoes but pretty much has Ibuki's protection in larger form but has 0 high risk high reward due lack of torpedoes. Yoshino is much better deal generally and plays more like Japanese cruiser. Azuma is currently one of two ships I regret ever getting..

[NED]
Players
4,377 posts
12,066 battles

I don't have Azuma myself. So perhaps I'm talking BS now but I don't understand why it didn't get torps. Weren't torps on IJN cruisers supposed to be the "counter" of being squishy?

[HOO]
Players
1,622 posts
3,165 battles
1 hour ago, Trawn91 said:

If I were to guess, my vote would be on Siegfried (given the resource of every other t9 large cruiser was freeXP and it was already modeled and tested - albeit being reworked right now)

Siegfried might be the ship we have to build in the new year event that was mentioned on the dev blog a few days ago.

[CAIN]
Players
3,383 posts
12,632 battles
17 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Siegfried might be the ship we have to build in the new year event that was mentioned on the dev blog a few days ago.

Can you post a link pls? 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,923 posts
5,367 battles

I'm really hoping for a premium CV, but I know it is not gonna happen.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BOTZ]
[BOTZ]
Players
54 posts
3,735 battles
2 hours ago, Menchalior said:

Azuma is currently one of two ships I regret ever getting..

Whats’s the other one?

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
7,940 posts
5,935 battles
25 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Shinano will eventually land. Why not for free XP or coal? Maybe even a Japanese T10 Saipan?

Players
533 posts
9,203 battles

I would wager it will be Siegfried. It matches the trend of a T9 Supercruiser being available for free XP. And it matches what is known about the release of the next XP ship and the extended development of Siegfried.

During the 2 August 2019 PTS Stream, Sub-Octavian confirmed that Colbert was being rushed for the Research Bureau but for Siegfried they were going to take more time. He also answered in the last Q&A that they are not planning on adding more mid-tier fxp ships like Nelson.

She's a bit of an odd duck: turtleback armour scheme, slow reloading main guns, excellent as a cruiser killer and rubbish against DDs. The buffed secondaries range and reload was to give players more close quarters tools without the need to be secondary spec'ed.

She was also rumoured on Reddit to be a candidate for the New Year's Shipyard event, but I have my doubts. As fxp ships are supposed to be a sink why give her away for free, and also why give a high tier Premium ship away for free? As a T9 Siegfried can be sold in the Premium Shop to whales, like the others.

All speculation, of course :Smile_popcorn:

[-AP-]
Players
1,917 posts
4,764 battles
4 hours ago, M4R4Z said:

Thanks

ntc ships are also technically fxp ships

[HOO]
Players
1,622 posts
3,165 battles
1 hour ago, DanSilverwing said:

During the 2 August 2019 PTS Stream, Sub-Octavian confirmed that Colbert was being rushed for the Research Bureau but for Siegfried they were going to take more time. He also answered in the last Q&A that they are not planning on adding more mid-tier fxp ships like Nelson.

Hmm I wonder if California is a candidate for that then

[FAILS]
Players
250 posts
15,938 battles

I am kinda hoping it's Siegfried. Free xp is the one ressource I have in abundance and Siegfried ist just beautiful, so I will get her even if she sucks.. as long as she is free xp and not coal or, god beware, steel.

• Cool 3

[CR-S]
Players
562 posts
5 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

During the 2 August 2019 PTS Stream, Sub-Octavian confirmed that (...) they are not planning on adding more mid-tier fxp ships like Nelson.

None at all? Too bad, i thought that the controversial* Gorizia could be a candidate for free-xp.

*because SAP + loooong reolad + only Ita-CA without torps

Players
533 posts
9,203 battles
12 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

None at all? Too bad, i thought that the controversial* Gorizia could be a candidate for free-xp.

*because SAP + loooong reolad + only Ita-CA without torps

You can take this with a pinch of salt.

This is from the Q&A:

Destroyer
39 points·1 month ago·edited 1 month ago

Q- Is there a chance for another premium available for free XP at another tier than T9 (like Nelson) ?

27 points·1 month ago

Hi,

Well, I don't disclose new ships on QnA, but there are no mid-low tier free XP ships in the plan for 2019.

For 2019:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,502 posts
9,121 battles
6 hours ago, Blixies said:

It ought to though: whatever one's view of CVs (old or new), as far as I recall, they're the only class not represented in the freemium collection. Seems a bit unsporting for the CV players...

• Cool 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,724 posts
20,935 battles
6 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Seems a bit unsporting for the CV players...

Ehhh.. Seems legit... CV players are a bit unsporting themselves, too. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
4,508 posts
245 battles
14 hours ago, Blixies said:

Same indomitable should of came out ages ago too be honest.

so indomitable and maybe a tier 6 free exp cv premium too?