Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Filipin00

Tirpitz or Roma?

5 comments in this topic

Question

[UAC]
Players
463 posts
1,588 battles

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum section to ask but....I'm thinking of getting a premium tier 8 BB for credit farming mostly.

I'm thinking either Tirpitz or Roma. Please note I'm familiar with german BB playstyle and I like close-range brawling when playing battleships.

I played Bismarck so I have some degree of knowledge what playing Tirpitz would be like, but also from what I've read Roma feels like a solid choice for close-range brawling as well.

I thought Tirpitz would be obvious choice because of torpedoes, but really at such high tier almost everyone has hydro and easy to avoid torps unless you're really at few km range which happens rarely, at least for me.

So any of you experienced players who have one of these, or perhaps both, what would you recommend. I'm not rushing myself, I just want to figure out which one is better. And no, I don't want any other BB of same or other tier, only one of these.

EDIT: I got a Roma, had a couple of battles, annihilates everything in it's path. Awesome BB I do not regret getting it over Tirpitz, personally one of the best BBs I've played so far.

4 answers to this question

Players
1,064 posts
1 hour ago, Filipin00 said:

but also from what I've read Roma feels like a solid choice for close-range brawling as well.

Bildergebnis für thats wrong gif

image.thumb.png.5f2602997ea7a1d83c5dcc3fea19d58b.png

image.thumb.png.47c1d6ef7ac545195c862d4c4c701e5c.png

Take a look at this " Cup Cake " for Brawling, Full secondary build and hit the rudder shift mods, synergies nicely with the speed boost.

image.thumb.png.883dc196109e32cfd94d8379b0417f8c.png

[MED-]
Beta Tester
16 posts
5,074 battles

If you got a Bismark, ( secondary build with a 19 captain points ) buy a permanent Camo on her ( if you don't have one ), and you got a fantastic money maker and captains experience trainer with her !  ( like the tirpiz )
And with the meta and the return of CV's, Bismark AA def are really a good choice and like you said , you got Hydro on her too.

• Cool 1

Players
88 posts
11,486 battles

According to my experience with Tirpitz (less than 10 games) her torpedo launchers get destroyed by HE spam way too easily to reliably count on them. So after 30-60 seconds in uptiered game, you basicaly have Bismarck without hydro.

I haven't played Roma so I cannot give you any advices on her.

[UAC]
Players
463 posts
1,588 battles

Thank you all. I'm still not sure which one to choose but....you do have a point.

Sign in to follow this