Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
agresorxf

Matchmaking - one question

16 comments in this topic

Players
2,072 posts
10,963 battles

Are you oblivious? Its between 6am to 8am in Eurooe now depending on the country you're in and its a weekday. How many people will be up playing WOWS?

Can't you use your brain before making a stupid post :Smile_smile:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[MESSY]
Players
11 posts
1,474 battles

Off peak hours and with new MM t8 can only be uptiered to t10 40% of the time in a 20 match period. Where the rest of the 9's and 10's are I have no idea. Just maybe it was about to reset the server so force started a match. Honestly I have no real idea, it's something I'd expect with t1/2 not t10.

• Funny 1

Players
5 posts
4,201 battles

Stupid post ? Its no mtter what time I play I always have full of players, this happend only if I choose CV.  Awaiting players to the battle was many but MM decide to put in battle only 4 of them. 

Any way, it should be some limit of player to start battle not 4 for fu..k sake. I just lost many rare flags and big minus of money.

On enemy side was CV and Warcester, they stick together and what I supouse to do ?

pra3y Can't you use your brain before making a stupid post

Players
2,072 posts
10,963 battles
4 minutes ago, agresorxf said:

Stupid post ? Its no mtter what time I play I always have full of players, this happend only if I choose CV.  Awaiting players to the battle was many but MM decide to put in battle only 4 of them. 

Any way, it should be some limit of player to start battle not 4 for fu..k sake. I just lost many rare flags and big minus of money.

On enemy side was CV and Warcester, they stick together and what I supouse to do ?

pra3y Can't you use your brain before making a stupid post

8 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Are you oblivious? Its between 6am to 8am in Eurooe now depending on the country you're in and its a weekday. How many people will be up playing WOWS?

Simply this^^^. 

If you choose to play at hours where there are so little players playing the game, then you should expect wonky matchmaking. Its been like that for the last 4 years. Its not a new thing or sudden change to the MM.

• Cool 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,237 posts
6,556 battles

It happens with CV because the MM has to match you with another player of the same class. While the other classes are a bit more of a soft limit (e.g. 2 cruisers vs 3 cruisers), with CV it's a hard limit - there are no 1 CV vs 0 CV games.

So if you pick a CV then it HAS to find another CV. And since its also a hard limit regarding tier, it HAS to find you a tier X CV to be matched against.

Unfortunately, there's also the restriction of finding a battle in 5 mins. So what happens is if a CV sits in the queue for over 5 mins, then as soon as another appropriate CV joins the queue, the MM throws together a match with whatever ships it has available. 

In short, either you or the other CV sat in the queue for so long the MM threw together a game with what it had.

If you want to avoid it, leave the queue and rejoin to reset the queue timer

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
20,487 posts
12,546 battles

As a veteran CV player one should know this. Do not stay in queue for too long or MM will disregard many rules to just get people into a match.

• Cool 1

Players
1,026 posts
11,634 battles
15 minutes ago, agresorxf said:

Stupid post ? Its no mtter what time I play I always have full of players, this happend only if I choose CV.

It right now is 6-8 AM in Europe, Not many People play CV Especially not on a Thuesday Morning at prime Workhours. Holidays are over in Germany.

Throwing a hissy fit won't change that in the slightest. Also there are Halloween Events on.

18 minutes ago, agresorxf said:

After a minute of waiting aborting the Que. Chose Co-Op?

Play in a Trainingroom?

I mean it's not like you should take a Midway to grind for Money.

[SHAD]
Players
939 posts
55 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Can't you use your brain before making a stupid post :Smile_smile:

I play early almost every day between 5:30 to 7:00  almost every game I have full teams.

This morning I did have one 7 v 7 but even that is rare.

I would not make the leap of calling a post 'stupid' if I were you.

• Cool 1

Players
1,049 posts
1 hour ago, agresorxf said:

My question is... What the Fu..k ?

Bez tytułu.png

Bildergebnis für interesting gif

The bots needed a rest, they got fed up with people moaning about their poor stats, and took time out to " get gud "

Players
2,072 posts
10,963 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

I play early almost every day between 5:30 to 7:00  almost every game I have full teams.

This morning I did have one 7 v 7 but even that is rare.

I would not make the leap of calling a post 'stupid' if I were you.

I stand by what i said and my reasoning for it. If you want the more in-depth proper explaination see Xevious_Red's explaination below.

2 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

It happens with CV because the MM has to match you with another player of the same class. While the other classes are a bit more of a soft limit (e.g. 2 cruisers vs 3 cruisers), with CV it's a hard limit - there are no 1 CV vs 0 CV games.

So if you pick a CV then it HAS to find another CV. And since its also a hard limit regarding tier, it HAS to find you a tier X CV to be matched against.

Unfortunately, there's also the restriction of finding a battle in 5 mins. So what happens is if a CV sits in the queue for over 5 mins, then as soon as another appropriate CV joins the queue, the MM throws together a match with whatever ships it has available. 

In short, either you or the other CV sat in the queue for so long the MM threw together a game with what it had.

If you want to avoid it, leave the queue and rejoin to reset the queue timer

[SHAD]
Players
939 posts
Just now, pra3y said:

I stand by what i said and my reasoning for it. If you want the more in-depth proper explaination see Xevious_Red's explaination below.

Though the OP was playing a CV, you did not infer that in your valuable and well mannered post.

I object to you calling a new poster oblivious and suggesting that his post is stupid.

Players
2,072 posts
10,963 battles
25 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Though the OP was playing a CV, you did not infer that in your valuable and well mannered post.

I object to you calling a new poster oblivious and suggesting that his post is stupid.

I merely responded in kind to OP's extremely valuable, constructive and well mannered post.

Feel free to object :cat_paw:

[CAIN]
Players
3,417 posts
12,634 battles
2 hours ago, agresorxf said:

My question is... What the Fu..k ?

Bez tytułu.png

What others said. 

During the early/late hours during the week MM looks like this. 

I wonder who won? Cause that's some cancerous ship line-up if i ever seen one. :Smile_veryhappy:

[THESO]
2,262 posts
7,500 battles

People insulting each other,

a completely negative and nonconstractive opening post.

Try again.

In the sticky MM thread prefreably.

This one will be locked.

PS: If you wait too long in MM queue,

MM finally disregards many rules to put you in a battle..

Gd'day

• Cool 1