Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
invicta2012

Spotting... when sunk.

14 comments in this topic

[-TPF-]
Players
2,436 posts
11,053 battles

I took my T-61 out for a spin in a Random and, after a fairly jolly opening ten minutes, got ambushed and sunk.

However after that it seems the survivors manned the lifeboats and successfully earned me another four spotting ribbons. Working as intended, highly amusing, or should I file a bug report?

[BBMM]
Players
4,262 posts
4,828 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Bug report it is. Cheers all!

Are you sure you weren't on the submarine test server? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[NED]
Players
4,379 posts
12,066 battles

It could be a small server desync: your death came through a split second earlier but you spotted those boats just prior to that. Long time ago I failed a mission: I can't remember the details. I had to do something and had to survive the battle. My mercyshot was inbound but the game just ended before they hit. yet the shot killed me right after the 1000 mark and I failed the mission.

• Cool 1

Players
547 posts
1,908 battles

Having been sunk a lot in the last few days I can confirm it's worth staying in the battle as an observer for your team. I like to think I'm bobbing about in a boat having saved the ships cat and a case of the Captains finest Shiraz, and who do I see swimming towards me, oh it's that film starlet who was making a movie on board, seems she's taken her dress off to help her swim. And I get another ribbon or two as well!

Players
1,520 posts
10,290 battles

I will give you something strange after being sunk.. In my Tirpitz yesterday I have a Japanese (German) Captain... I had been sunk at 11 minutes by a long range salvo from an AsashioB after a confrontation with a Smolensk... Yet from being sunk to the end of the game the Japanese (German) captain continued speaking... she just would not shut up...

Never gave it any thought until I read this post.

[ONE2]
Players
2,939 posts
17,701 battles
13 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

I took my T-61 out for a spin in a Random and, after a fairly jolly opening ten minutes, got ambushed and sunk.

However after that it seems the survivors manned the lifeboats and successfully earned me another four spotting ribbons. Working as intended, highly amusing, or should I file a bug report?

Simples..> You just were not quite dead yet, that's all... :Smile_great:

[MORIA]
Beta Tester
912 posts
13,707 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, Ferry_25 sagte:

It could be a small server desync: your death came through a split second earlier but you spotted those boats just prior to that. Long time ago I failed a mission: I can't remember the details. I had to do something and had to survive the battle. My mercyshot was inbound but the game just ended before they hit. yet the shot killed me right after the 1000 mark and I failed the mission.

My div mate got a spotting ribbon some three minutes after he was sunk, so... seems to be a bug.

[NED]
Players
4,379 posts
12,066 battles
1 hour ago, Donnerturm said:

My div mate got a spotting ribbon some three minutes after he was sunk, so... seems to be a bug.

Yeah ok. That's indeed probably a bug....

Players
270 posts
3,256 battles

I had this today. My Nurnburg was a second away from slipping beneath the waves, and I got the Spotted ribbon come up. First and only time I've seen it.

[MESSY]
Players
11 posts
1,474 battles

Similarly you can earn spotting ribbons from returning planes that you have no control over that happen to pass over opposing ships.

Sign in to follow this