Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
L3rmAnd7

Does anyone know how to play Sunray in the Darkness?

10 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
5,297 battles

Hi! This is my first post, so be gentle with me.

I don't know how many people play the halloween events, but despite being old, people still don't know how to play it, either of the events, but Sunray spesifically.

I just can't seem to get a bunch that even launches with all 7, or doesn't suicide within 3 minutes or has a clue what the Y and T buttons do (neither for their team or even them).

I don't meen this as a rant, I'm curios wether  anyone has gotten either missions to 5 on super hard? On Transylvania, one BB always manages to miss the ram. It will be a miracle when we manage this. Would waiting for people to learn it be advised?

Players
4,713 posts
9,568 battles

I've gotten ST super hard 5 stars and it's doable, though not easy to accomplish with a bunch of random plebs.

5 stars in Sunray super hard? Not even with a team consisting of (with one exception) 55% winrate or better players and we just couldn't accomplish it.

The second tower seems to fall regardless of what we do, though we did come close once or twice.

But at this point it seems mostly like a waste of time.

It's also hard to build a team as people will leave once they got what they wanted or some other conflicting whatevers.

[POP]
Players
455 posts
9,748 battles

The key to winning super hard SID is to take 4 cruisers and be very liberal with the DPM boosts. If you use the DPM boosts solely for healing you'll be lacking with damage output.

[L4GG]
Players
2,140 posts
7,788 battles
7 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

It's also hard to build a team as people will leave once they got what they wanted or some other conflicting whatevers.

that.

But not only that.

you'll need players that play together for some time now. To know one another

Players
2 posts
5,297 battles
54 minutes ago, Altsak said:

If you use the DPM boosts solely for healing you'll be lacking with damage output.

What do you think is the ideal cruiser dmg output? I've only played a single game so far with the cruiser and got 700k.

Also, is it just me or does Transylvania randomly slow down a lot in Sunray?

[POP]
Players
455 posts
9,748 battles
38 minutes ago, L3rmAnd7 said:

I've only played a single game so far with the cruiser and got 700k.

This means rest of your cruisers have been slacking.

Excluding, of course, damage done to Gorgon which can easily lead to total damage in excess of one million.

Players
4,713 posts
9,568 battles
6 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

that.

But not only that.

you'll need players that play together for some time now. To know one another

5 stars in Sunray sh is possible and I was in a team in whcih we were sooo close!

The plan consisted of also to ignore the Gorgon at first and focus on defending the tower and the previous battle we as a team came to the conclusion that 1 DD was enough to kill Gorgon.

So the plan was to first ignore Gorgon and later send one DD to kill Gorgon while the other 6 focussed on defending the second tower.

And it nearly worked, I had Gorgon down well below 100k when almost everybody started focussing Gorgon as well. First the cruisers and then the rest.

One of the Bbs decided to go for the glorious ram on a permaburning and permaflooding Gorgon with under 70k hp while the tower was at 80k hp around the 2minute mark.

The 2nd tower received about 60k damage within half a minute (one of the ships that had actual guns which was ignored because we had too many teammates ignoring the plan and focussing a mostly harmless enemy.

The 2nd tower got destroyed with around 30 seconds left on the clock. And you know what happened next? Someone said "what did we wrong?", he apparently really had no idea! How? Why? WTF? :fish_panic:

I can't take this much stupid. I'm done with this format of halloween.

I mean, why even bother to try to get a team together if they will just throw a game this hard. My gods, I really can't believe this. I'm mindblown.

Not only don't we get these crates anymore for doing directives like last year, but the halloween missions themselves don't even count for the current directives anymore. Why is it too hard to get a team of competent normal people together? At least last year I was able to carry games solo and I didn't really mind as the stakes were way lower then. But with this? For me it's either get 5 stars or have time wasted with hardly any gain whatsoever.

• Cool 1

Players
4,713 posts
9,568 battles
6 hours ago, L3rmAnd7 said:

What do you think is the ideal cruiser dmg output? I've only played a single game so far with the cruiser and got 700k.

Also, is it just me or does Transylvania randomly slow down a lot in Sunray?

Trans slows down a lot in the first part of Sunray, but this is easily solved by having the BBs guard Trans like it is their waifu. It's really a non-issue at this point.

Players
4,713 posts
9,568 battles
7 hours ago, Altsak said:

The key to winning super hard SID is to take 4 cruisers and be very liberal with the DPM boosts. If you use the DPM boosts solely for healing you'll be lacking with damage output.

At this point I don't know what will work anymore.

Whatever the effort I try to put into these teams, there seems to always be someone who goes and fracks it up. And if it isn't one than it will be a multiple.

[L4GG]
Players
2,140 posts
7,788 battles
4 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

5 stars in Sunray sh is possible and I was in a team in whcih we were sooo close!

The plan consisted of also to ignore the Gorgon at first and focus on defending the tower and the previous battle we as a team came to the conclusion that 1 DD was enough to kill Gorgon.

So the plan was to first ignore Gorgon and later send one DD to kill Gorgon while the other 6 focussed on defending the second tower.

And it nearly worked, I had Gorgon down well below 100k when almost everybody started focussing Gorgon as well. First the cruisers and then the rest.

One of the Bbs decided to go for the glorious ram on a permaburning and permaflooding Gorgon with under 70k hp while the tower was at 80k hp around the 2minute mark.

The 2nd tower received about 60k damage within half a minute (one of the ships that had actual guns which was ignored because we had too many teammates ignoring the plan and focussing a mostly harmless enemy.

The 2nd tower got destroyed with around 30 seconds left on the clock. And you know what happened next? Someone said "what did we wrong?", he apparently really had no idea! How? Why? WTF? :fish_panic:

I can't take this much stupid. I'm done with this format of halloween.

I mean, why even bother to try to get a team together if they will just throw a game this hard. My gods, I really can't believe this. I'm mindblown.

Not only don't we get these crates anymore for doing directives like last year, but the halloween missions themselves don't even count for the current directives anymore. Why is it too hard to get a team of competent normal people together? At least last year I was able to carry games solo and I didn't really mind as the stakes were way lower then. But with this? For me it's either get 5 stars or have time wasted with hardly any gain whatsoever.

yes, is that what I meant.

there's not a big difference between forming up a team and play a couple of times and a team of random individuals.

that plan probably would work if every one in that team had specific roles and if they had stuck to the plan.

A real team takes time to form, to know the team mates and so on.

About carrying, one carry nothing, look at me, around 350k games, 11 Zikasas sunk and for what?

yesterday was a good sessions, my damage took a dive, between ,  160k and 200 k, I never got more than 7 zikasas sunk, the result? a bunch of 5 stars and 4 stars, a few 3 stars and 2 or 3 defeats.

Because there were another players that played decently, there wasn't ships chasing whatever, hanging in the back or doing their own thing. 

Personally, last year I didn't like the ships, or the format or the fact It was against other players , it was too similar to random

I usually play for fun, and it's very rare to see me with signals and stuff. But not in Halloween, In Halloween I play to win. There's lot in the line for me.

crates and containers they came and go, I only open SC because I want Graf Spee, but after I have it (whatever the way) it's all about resources.

But I think some parts of a directive can be done in Sunray... no I'm wrong, in twilight (whatever that crazy crap will be).

well, I'm off.

I want to reach 600 k XP before the Sunray is on, I better get moving.:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this