Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Naval Legends: U-995 Trailer

11 comments in this topic

[LEZO]
Beta Tester
10 posts

Wargaming, you forget to tell us that SS Athenia was sailing without lights, making zipzap and out of normal naval routes like an auxiliary cruiser So the Captain of U-30 thought that must be a warship. So make a warnning (1:29) to a enemy warship is not Good idea.

• Cool 2

[CAPT]
Players
374 posts
11,295 battles

WG spending resources on videos when they could be fixing bugs like radar 'seeing' through islands or adding new ships...:etc_swear:

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
3,931 posts
8,897 battles
6 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

WG spending resources on videos when they could be fixing bugs like radar 'seeing' through islands or adding new ships...:etc_swear:

It's an intented game mechanic, that radar goes through islands and I would also assume, that the ship designer are different people than the video designer and actually they add all the time new ships, just now the italian cruisers

[CAPT]
Players
374 posts
11,295 battles
18 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

It's an intented game mechanic, that radar goes through islands and I would also assume, that the ship designer are different people than the video designer and actually they add all the time new ships, just now the italian cruisers

Radar 'seeing' through islands is highly unrealistic, they NEED to change it. As for assuming, we all know what that does: makes an [edited]of you and me - company resources are, like anything else, limited. Spending resources on videos takes away from designing ships and maps, not to mention creating events, and watching videos uses up time that could otherwise be used playing the game. I NEVER watch them.

[4_0_4]
Players
6,097 posts
12,423 battles
2 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

Radar 'seeing' through islands is highly unrealistic, they NEED to change it.

It's also unrealistic that a simply click on the button "R" removes all fires, floods an other stuff from my ship, yet it's still part of the game.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
3,931 posts
8,897 battles
6 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

Radar 'seeing' through islands is highly unrealistic, they NEED to change it. As for assuming, we all know what that does: makes an [edited]of you and me - company resources are, like anything else, limited. Spending resources on videos takes away from designing ships and maps, not to mention creating events, and watching videos uses up time that could otherwise be used playing the game. I NEVER watch them.

They tested the radar not going through islands, WG didn't liked so, they never implemented it. It doesn't matter if it is realistic or not.

Resources are limited, but they have people for videos, no matter if they do videos or not, and I would assume those poeple are not the ship designer, but special desinger for videos

Players
496 posts
12,230 battles
11 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

Yet you make a rather big - and rather wrong - assumption that company work hours are a homogenous resource, where every employee has an identical

skill set and spending those hours on a video takes away from something else. As someone who actually did artwork for game companies, trust me when I say you wouldn't want a 3d artist making bug fixes, or your video guy making balancing decisions... this is why we have this mysterious concept called "departments". Not to mention companies will often outsource stuff like video production to another company, as well.. in any case, the net result of wg not doing videos would not be more ships or maps, it would just not give you videos anymore. Also, are you really complaining about wg being slow with ship implementation? Let's see, in the last half a year they added 3 new lines and a boatload of new fxp, coal, and steel ships.. if anything, it's going into hyperproduction...

As for radar being unrealistic, 2 points.

1) This is an arcade game, not a simulation. Please don't use realism as an argument for balancing something, this is a game where ships get stopped and slide by invisible map edges, pressing "R" immediately stops all fires and floods, ramming islands or team mates does no damage when in actuality it would put the ship out of the fight if not outright sink it, etc. This is just not a realistic sim, and it was never intended to be.

2) WG tested the radar not seeing through islands and concluded it makes radar almost entirely worthless because most caps in this game contain enough islands that using radar meant either not detecting anything, or the radar ship suiciding into the cap in order to spot a DD (try sailing your DM or radar mino into a cap early game, see how you fare when yamas, kremlins and whatnot take notice).

• Cool 1

[CAPT]
Players
374 posts
11,295 battles

Radar not 'seeing' through islands would make ships with radar less OP, NOT useless, plus, most of the large U.S., R.N. and I.J.N. ships ships in WW-II post 1944 had radar, the aerials are even shown on the models W.G. uses in game yet they don't. The North Carolina should not be blinded by smoke, for instance. Plus, the I.J.N. used radar detectors on all their major ships, including ALL their cruisers (yes, I have documentation). Any ship using radar should show up as such, and they don't - THAT is B.S. too.

As for damage control, I agree that there should be a delay while R takes effect. 

About company resources, get rid of anyone currently making videos that cannot contribute to the rest of the game and hire folks that can - simplicity itself.:Smile_trollface:

Players
496 posts
12,230 battles
13 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

Radar not 'seeing' through islands would make ships with radar less OP, NOT useless, plus, most of the large U.S., R.N. and I.J.N. ships ships in WW-II post 1944 had radar, the aerials are even shown on the models W.G. uses in game yet they don't. The North Carolina should not be blinded by smoke, for instance. Plus, the I.J.N. used radar detectors on all their major ships, including ALL their cruisers (yes, I have documentation). Any ship using radar should show up as such, and they don't - THAT is B.S. too.

As for damage control, I agree that there should be a delay while R takes effect. 

About company resources, get rid of anyone currently making videos that cannot contribute to the rest of the game and hire folks that can - simplicity itself.:Smile_trollface:

Or, you could stop talking about things you don't understand? You're suggesting a game developer runs entirely without marketing and only uses it's resources to develop software? Welcome to planet Earth, where things just don't work that way. You must come from a lovely planet, I must visit some day...

Radar through islands - I'm only telling you what WG told us based on their testing. I would say, though, that testing results are a much better argument than opinions based on.. well, nothing really. But that's just me. WG told us testing results, you're putting your assumptions above that without having seen this work. Also, radar ships aren't op nor does radar make them so. And I say this as someone who really likes to play dd's. Try playing DM or radar mino effectively. Or a Moskva. Or even Stalingrad. They are strong in the right hands, but op? No. Only potato dd players think that because it's easier to whine about radar than to learn to play against them.

As for the rest, yet again you're using historical realism arguments to discuss balance in an arcade pvp game, which renders all your points moot almost before you made them. Yes, realistically ships had limited ammo, dd's couldn't even reload torps, actual torp speeds were much lower (even italian 51 knotters would be really fast for the era), radar wasn't a consumable that had run time and cooldown but could run all the time, hydroacoustic search was a passive system that ran continously as well, active sonar search (ASDIC on RN ships) was something else entirely, etc etc.

Realistically Smolensk should have radar and the Giulio Cesare had torpedoes. Clearly this fact doesn't mean these should be added to the already op in game ships, nor is historical accuracy a good argument to discuss balancing decisions in an arcade pvp game which is NOT a simulator. Cold Waters, Silent Hunter, etc? Sure. Not here.

[CAPT]
Players
374 posts
11,295 battles

Believe what you want - insulting me will do you no good either, you are still wrong.

I never said WG shouldn't market, I said they were wasting resources, there IS a difference. All this video does is try to get more players interested in subs, it does NOT market World of Warships to the general public.

WG could do much better and we both know it. Telling me to play some DD's? Look at my profile. (Not just on the EU server, I play on the NA and, occasionally, the Public Test servers too.)

Radar should only allow the ship using it to target enemies. Ships using radar should be flare lit. A well crafted game about naval warfare does NOT have to be unrealistic. Nothing you can say can change that - PERIOD.

p.s. The Japanese DD's carried reloads for their torpedoes (it helps to actually know something about a subject before you make assertations).

p.p.s. While the Cesare (along with many other early Dreadnaughts), was built with underwater torpedo tubes, they were removed when she was rebuilt in the early thirties. (Again, having your facts straight helps.)

Sign in to follow this