Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

Italian ships that became Russian

8 comments in this topic

Players
535 posts
1,876 battles

Many people don't know this, but we have two Italian ships in game, and they are the most loved ones, that actually became Russian after the war (This seems suspicious :cap_yes:)

They were sold to Russia as war depth after WW2 together with some other ships, but the two ships in question are:

- Regia Nave Giulio Cesare, which changed name to Novorosiysk. I just want to remind that she was removed from purchase.

Novorosiysk-1950-Sevastopol-2.jpg

- Regia Nave Emanuele Filiberto Duca d'Aosta (here anchored at Kerch in the 50s)

Russian_cruiser_Kerch_1950.jpg

It's quite suspicious that the two most liked Italian ships in the game also served in Russia (Abruzzi being an exception).

So please WG, show some love for the main tech-line too.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,514 posts
6,728 battles

I'm sure both will get the same treatment as Nurberg/Makarov eventually, tho i have to say, it would be nice if WG would slow down a bit with the premium/fxp/coal etc gold ship for a bit and work more on the silver lines and general balance of the game and other improvements first. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[TAYTO]
Players
670 posts
7,806 battles

What love? GC is an exceptional ship. Not saying is OP (cough! cough!) but it's excellent.

Duca D'Aosta is good once you learn is made of paper.

[CAIN]
Players
3,393 posts
12,632 battles

Thx for the history lesson, more threads should have some. 

Also, i can contribute to this and stay on topic...for once

Only very very few people know this, but the Sinop, the Sov Soyuz, the Slava and the Kremlin were all german ships, which were completed on the same day WWII ended. The KM had to give these ships to the Soviets since the US took all the good U-Boats and the German CVs Zeppelin and Odin and renamed them Enterprise and Midway respectively. 

So, it would be much appreciated if we get those ships in their respective nations, even if they would be carbon copys of the RU ships. 

• Funny 2

Players
971 posts
7,381 battles

While I like watching Duca in port just bathing in sun, I'm not sure the ship is playable. I kind like Genova more (in randoms) which says a lot since I believe she sucks like a lot. But they are fine looking ships :)

[JRM]
Players
3,344 posts
18,784 battles

Well GC aka Novorysisk could be touched up for T6 and put there in "upgraded" form (AA, front plate, reload) and would make a good T6 premium in this form...

As for Aosta IDK what could be done there really she is inferior to pretty much any RU T6 cruiser as she stands and hence pointless unless buffed immensly or changed alot...

Players
535 posts
1,876 battles
32 minuti fa, Yedwy ha scritto:

Well GC aka Novorysisk could be touched up for T6 and put there in "upgraded" form (AA, front plate, reload) and would make a good T6 premium in this form...

They gave her a radar IRL :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[4_0_4]
Players
6,089 posts
12,422 battles
6 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

- Regia Nave Giulio Cesare, which changed name to Novorosiysk. I just want to remind that she was removed from purchase.

What I most like about this:

491149003_wows4.thumb.jpg.44fb880f351368334761060ab56d0907.jpg

:cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this