You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Clan Battles Season: Crash Zone Alpha

24 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
1,201 posts

Haul your ammunition stocks aboard and get your guns loaded! Let’s take a quick look at the updated set of rules for the forthcoming seventh Season of Clan Battles.

Read it on the portal
  • Angry 1

5,025 posts
9,482 battles

A little late on the announcement isn't it?

Maybe for the next season a bit earlier? Like one or two weeks earlier? Thanks!

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,697 battles

EU times are moved from 19-23 to 18-22, meaning that people who work for their living will have less time to play.

Also the Storm steel reward was reduced by 500 and the Hurricane reward increased by 500, in a move to discourage average players from playing.

Thank you WG for making CBs all about that 1% of all clans and not about the clan community as a whole.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Players
2,933 posts
8,414 battles
7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

EU times are moved from 19-23 to 18-22, meaning that people who work for their living will have less time to play.

Also the Storm steel reward was reduced by 500 and the Hurricane reward increased by 500, in a move to discourage average players from playing.

Thank you WG for making CBs all about that 1% of all clans and not about the clan community as a whole.

This ^^^.

And pushing more clans out is the way forward for WG then, fine. 

1800 hrs?!  Yeah great work WG, do you discriminate against people that work for a living or have a family? FFFAAARRR too early. 

and thanks for telling us now just before it start. :Smile_facepalm:

And i'm trying to stay positive here!

• Boring 3

Players
2,933 posts
8,414 battles

Anyway chaps....Good luck with your Russian ships and premium/steel/coal ones. :cap_like::cap_like::cap_like:

and sorry for those clans that struggle with finding 8 players (with reserves) and having to settle with the peasant rentals. 

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,590 posts
1,365 battles
12 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

There are several different prime times to choose, which are covering most hours between 17:00 CET and 5:30 CET.

Many different players got many different schedules, some work late, some come home at 16:00 CET. This time-frame is by far the most active on the EU server (18-22 CET/CEST). Obviously, this can never be true for all players and since we have the prime-time selection, even clans who e.g. have lots of shiftworkers, should have an easier time to take part.

CBs are rather competitive and we are trying different formats from update to update, sometimes depending on feedback, sometimes depending on stats (e.g. activity of players) and often it is a mix of both. But overall, the whole point is the competitive nature, so CBs will likely never be for the 99%.

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,697 battles
19 minutes ago, Sehales said:

There are several different prime times to choose, which are covering most hours between 17:00 CET and 5:30 CET.

This is an empty argument. Anyone who is working a fairly standard job from 8 AM to 5 PM won't be able to make any other time but EU.

Most of my clan mates work these hours and I'm pretty certain if asked, most players who work would confirm that they can only play during these hours.

19 minutes ago, Sehales said:

But overall, the whole point is the competitive nature, so CBs will likely never be for the 99%.

As of now you are actively discouraging people who aren't Hurricane level from participating, with the lessened rewards, changed times, and bigger team requirements.

• Cool 3

Players
160 posts
16,600 battles
58 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Not.   18 UTC means 19 local time in winter time. From October  27, winter time coming. And UTC is +1 in winter time, not +2  as currently.

It would be  better  for me 18-22 local time, because of   when i working  morning better.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,697 battles
7 minutes ago, unsinkable_sam_ said:

Not.   18 UTC means 19 local time in winter time. From October  27, winter time coming. And UTC is +1 in winter time, not +2  as currently.

It would be  better  for me 18-22 local time, because of   when i working  morning better.

Missed that one. Sorry @Sehales. And thanks for pointing that out @unsinkable_sam_.

Players
2,933 posts
8,414 battles
1 hour ago, unsinkable_sam_ said:

In the UK it's now UTC +1.

On Sun the 27 Oct the clocks go back to the same as UTC, which means it's STILL 1800 hrs.  6 o'clock is far too early for the majority of British People. 

2 hours ago, Sehales said:

Many different players got many different schedules, some work late, some come home at 16:00 CET. This time-frame is by far the most active on the EU server (18-22 CET/CEST). Obviously, this can never be true for all players and since we have the prime-time selection, even clans who e.g. have lots of shiftworkers, should have an easier time to take part.

How about you move it to 1900 hrs instead? So 8 o'clock CEST? 1900 -2300 isn't late at all really if most active is 1800-2200? Only an hour out and you will get more people involved from the UK. 

If the UK player pop isn't that much then fair enough having it as it is.  But speaking on behalf of the British Isles, move it forward an hour please. 

People don't even finish dinner at that time!

[BATES]
Players
15 posts
8,951 battles
26 minutes ago, Galaxy011 said:

Why is it 8v8? It's hard enough to find 7 players.

It will be more challenging and fun, but I agree 8 is too many, not really to find the Alpha team, but to get 2 teams playing? 16 people? Ouch, that it's going to be hard. Many casual clans will have a hard time this season and even if we are more structured, I don't like it one bit.

[0KILL]
Players
26 posts
11,255 battles

Thank you for keeping it 6-10pm for people from UK, i personally think 7-11pm is too late, and 5-9pm.. well most people in UK dont finish work till 5pm. My only grumble for this season is the 8 man teams. Some clans may struggle to get many games in with 8 man teams (getting 8 people online, who can do clan battles, at the same time). Next season please think about reducing this. Oh, also.. 48 hours notice for the article release ? Please, next time, give us more time so clans can prepare (min 1 week please).

• Cool 1

[S-M-V]
Players
77 posts
8,430 battles

8 vs 8.. c'mon... We could barely scramble 7 people before, now 8....

Why you doing this WG?

Like it is not enough that MINI RANKED is sharted because of increase of players in battle, now you gotta smash CB.. Why?

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
73 posts
12,514 battles
On 10/22/2019 at 6:42 AM, PiXiE93 said:

8 vs 8.. c'mon... We could barely scramble 7 people before, now 8....

Why you doing this WG?

Like it is not enough that MINI RANKED is sharted because of increase of players in battle, now you gotta smash CB.. Why?

maybe WG plans to force members to be online more or get kicked. Add to that fewer clans but more activity is the only goal here it seems.

• Cool 1

[HDMS]
Players
46 posts

Why do i have 3 stupid clanwar ships in my port - If you dont have the right ships to play clanwar, you dont participate.

WG make that funktion to hide unwanted ships to work again. It have been working before and its no problem to make it work again, just ask your programmers OR SACK THEM.

ATM 3 clanwar ships + 6 halo ship, all just filling up to my anyance. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
1,201 posts
9,645 battles

8 you said. We were struggling to get 7 last time due to summer, often having to get new players with rentals as a fill ups resulting in frustrating experience for all involved, now with 8 it may be too much for us to even participate despite of autumn weather. We are not a small clan, even if potato a bit, but if you want to restrict CB to a few storm-hurricane clans no problem. Why did you even bother with gale and squall leagues? To get more clans involved? Well, now you've succeed for sure.  :Smile-_tongue:

At least no CVs. :cap_like:Because of reasons I assume. With a reeeework proclaimed as finished and a huge success of balancing department and with overwhelming enthusiasm of the whole player-base confirmed by spreadsheets why have you left such a success out of competitive game mode?

• Cool 2

[BATES]
Players
15 posts
8,951 battles
21 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

We were struggling to get 7 last time due to summer, often having to get new players with rentals as a fill ups

Well not saying you didn't play last season, but it was team of 6 and rentals....just saying:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
1,201 posts
9,645 battles
Just now, SamPulley said:

Well not saying you didn't play last season, but it was team of 6 and rentals....just saying ;)

Yep 6, my mistake, that makes 8 even harder to get now, doesn't it?

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
291 posts
14,616 battles

Strange that WG seem not to want casual clans to play.  8 regular players is too many for the casual clan.  We played most nights last series but this series we are yet to get enough CB players for a division.

Why bother with the lower leagues at all this time.

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,829 posts
12,654 battles
On 10/21/2019 at 4:40 PM, Aragathor said:

Hi!

Actually we increased rewards for the lower leagues if you compare season 5 & 7 (Tier X):

Squall League:

• Season V: 15x 80 Steel = 1.200 Steel
  • Season VII: 20x 100 Steel = 2.000 Steel

Gale League:

• Season V: 15x 120 Steel = 1.800 Steel

Storm: League:

• Season V: 30x 100 Steel = 3.000 Steel
  • Season VII: 25x 100 Steel = 2.500 Steel

So it's actually quite the opposite from what you are claiming - yes Storm got reduced, but more Steel was shifted towards the lower leagues. Typhoon rewards were reduced from 135 to 100 Steel (30x) and Hurrcane raised from 100 to 150 Steel (10x). So overall a better distribution of resources across the leagues.

I'll already forwarded your feedback regarding the publication of the info and moving this to an earlier date in the future to give you more heads-up. Regarding CB times, I'll check internally what we can do.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,697 battles
32 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Hi!

Actually we increased rewards for the lower leagues if you compare season 5 & 7 (Tier X):

Squall League:

• Season V: 15x 80 Steel = 1.200 Steel

Gale League:

• Season V: 15x 120 Steel = 1.800 Steel

Storm: League:

• Season V: 30x 100 Steel = 3.000 Steel
  • Season VII: 25x 100 Steel = 2.500 Steel

So it's actually quite the opposite from what you are claiming - yes Storm got reduced, but more Steel was shifted towards the lower leagues. Typhoon rewards were reduced from 135 to 100 Steel (30x) and Hurrcane raised from 100 to 150 Steel (10x). So overall a better distribution of resources across the leagues.

I'll already forwarded your feedback regarding the publication of the info and moving this to an earlier date in the future to give you more heads-up. Regarding CB times, I'll check internally what we can do.

Greetings, Crysantos

You shouldn't have bothered, made a "male donkey" out of myself. There's a second post where I mention it. Misread the announcement.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,829 posts
12,654 battles
14 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You shouldn't have bothered, made a "male donkey" out of myself. There's a second post where I mention it. Misread the announcement.

No worries, happens - just wanted to clear it up in case there are more misconceptions about this ;)

Greetings, Crysantos