Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nufessa

EU server gameplay and KOTS

25 comments in this topic

[NEM]
Players
71 posts
1,617 battles

I know this is not the right section to post this; but i would like to know your thoughts on last KOTS clash between Eu clans and Na and discuss the gameplay on our server. I think it's a general example of how a more active gameplay leads more results than a passive one. So i would like to know if you think this is a general attitude of EU players (to focus on positions more than pushes and maneuvering) or it was only a matter of momentum or bad decisions. With this i'm not saying that EU clans are weak, i rather think they are the best in all servers but yesterday something in their philosophy of playing went wrong. Let me know your thoughts :Smile_Default:

[COR3]
Players
1,112 posts
12,056 battles

There are several Factors contributing to the perception that a philosophy was failing.

The Introduction of Kremlin changed the whole gameplay as that ship is just so far out of whack compared to the Competition. Also the Loveaffair that is Smolensk pretty much revealed her Vurnablity and dependency on good DD Play.

I really loved the Execution by o7 of a what one could describe as classic TWA Tactic. Very Amusing.

Besides that you have to keep in mind the Guys had a hard 3 Weeks where they played many high level competetive Games adjusting to something entirely diffrent is complicated and not easy to achive.

Plus the global thing is almost always Bragging rights only :)

I agree that aggressive play pays off but the current meta is difficult to say the least especially with hard to counter vessels like Kremlin that can Steamroll if she wishes.

Still good games all arround... Beeing on the TTT TS when they finally won it was so much fun :)

Also it spawned a lot of memes and great inspiration for the 8:8 CB Season coming up.

Players
36 posts
6,189 battles

I hope you can understand my English.

As a Chinese player playing on the EU server, I watched the KOTS competition between the EU server and the ASIA server.I noticed that the local team of the EU server does not seem to like to compete with other server teams in the CW competition.I think of the EU server is *EDIT*, so that it forms some strange inherent thinking or tactics. These tactics are effective on the EU server, but it does not mean it is suitable for other servers.

Watch your language please.

Teob

[JRM]
Players
4,009 posts
20,443 battles
28 minutes ago, AmagiandAkagi said:

I hope you can understand my English.

As a Chinese player playing on the EU server, I watched the KOTS competition between the EU server and the ASIA server.I noticed that the local team of the EU server does not seem to like to compete with other server teams in the CW competition.I think of the EU server is autistic, so that it forms some strange inherent thinking or tactics. These tactics are effective on the EU server, but it does not mean it is suitable for other servers.

IDK m8 my clan didnt meet many Asia clans in CB but we met several CS and some NA and they didnt seem to play any different tactics in general...

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
6,189 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

IDK m8我的氏族没有在CB中遇到许多亚洲战队,但是我们遇到了一些CS和一些NA,他们似乎并没有采取任何不同的策略。

For example?Like a smoke channel composed of 1 Somos 2 Des Moines?

[JRM]
Players
4,009 posts
20,443 battles
6 minutes ago, AmagiandAkagi said:

What? I assume that Somos mean Sommers? If so IIRC there was no T10 CB season since it was added in the game?

Players
36 posts
6,189 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

What? I assume that Somos mean Sommers? If so IIRC there was no T10 CB season since it was added in the game?

somers

[COR3]
Players
1,112 posts
12,056 battles
17 minutes ago, AmagiandAkagi said:

What would you like to know about that Combination?

[JRM]
Players
4,009 posts
20,443 battles
9 minutes ago, AmagiandAkagi said:

somers

And what with it? I dont know or care what tactics Asian or other server teams might have or not have used in KOTS, but those we met in CB did not show any outlandish tactics in general or won more matches against us then EU servers did, meaning your claim "other servers play differently and its better" it simply bogus...

Players
130 posts
9,244 battles

What i observe was the HE spam and the Kremlin way overpowered. What i did like was the NA agrression but that is how you play the Kremlin.

Players
36 posts
6,189 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

And what with it? I dont know or care what tactics Asian or other server teams might have or not have used in KOTS, but those we met in CB did not show any outlandish tactics in general or won more matches against us then EU servers did, meaning your claim "other servers play differently and its better" it simply bogus...

Yesterday's confrontation between servers

EU-NA     2:7

ASIS-CIS     5:4

I think this result is enough to reflect some problems.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

I'm almost tempted to head on over to the NA forums and dig out a few posts from around when the NA LUL meme was born (first server clash I think it was, when we trounced them 8-1)...

Was a very convincing win for NA yesterday, and GG WP to them, but spinning such minimal evidence into a "NA is better than EU, EU is too campy" narrative is... preeeeeeetty outlandish if you ask me :Smile_Default:

• Cool 6

[LEEUW]
Players
1,551 posts
9,699 battles
1 hour ago, Nufessa said:

I think it's a general example of how a more active gameplay leads more results than a passive one.

I don't know if you have played competitve wows but in order to reach the last four in KOTS you need to play at your absolute best. A single mistake by a single player can lead to elimination. 

You adapt to your opponents. That means that EU teams adapt to each other. Maybe the EU server is notoriously passive. I haven't played on other servers. But when you reach the finals and you suddenly have to play against teams from other servers, you have little time to adapt. Add to that the absence of a good incentive besides bragging rights. If you have just won your regions kots( in TTT's example), after three weeks of battling at the highest level... How much effort would you spent in playing another final "for fun"? 

I don't even know why these regional finals exist besides boosting the WoWs Twitch channels numbers.

• Cool 3

Players
36 posts
6,189 battles
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

I'm almost tempted to head on over to the NA forums and dig out a few posts from around when the NA LUL meme was born (first server clash I think it was, when we trounced them 8-1)...

Was a very convincing win for NA yesterday, and GG WP to them, but spinning such minimal evidence into a "NA is better than EU, EU is too campy" narrative is... preeeeeeetty outlandish if you ask me :Smile_Default:

I think that in the KOTS competition of the EU server, the EU team's style of competition and the way of selecting ships are very "retro" or outdated. This is my opinion

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
4,009 posts
20,443 battles
21 minutes ago, AmagiandAkagi said:

Yesterday's confrontation between servers

EU-NA     2:7

ASIS-CIS     5:4

ROFLMAO

[LEEUW]
Players
1,551 posts
9,699 battles
44 minutes ago, AmagiandAkagi said:

Like what problems? 

[SWTP]
Players
1,457 posts
10,674 battles

I personally found it amusing watching some line ups with mostly Kremlins, Stalins, Smolensks, plus occasional Moscva, Des or HIV.

No  Russian bias at all. :Smile_trollface:

Sommers seems to be new DD to go replacing Gearing as a smoke generator and also replacing Shima with a better wall of skill.

• Cool 2

[VH]
Players
145 posts
11,372 battles

lets face it it was all a massive push to get people to buy krems, somers smols and grads every single match was same ships and now everyone knows unless you have at least one of these then you are not going to get into anything competitve

Players
1,512 posts

EU v NA

From what I watched, it was obvious who had the better logistics, did the most training, and better communications.

Well done ALL good Effort.

:Smile_honoring: NA

Players
154 posts
3,510 battles

Watched a bit of KOTS over the weekend and to be honest was very surprised at what transpired in the EU v NA clash.

I've played on both servers and NA is more aggressive, but playing RN cruisers I find this far easier and more rewarding to combat, my stats are far better on NA than on EU where games tend to be more tactical.

This seems to be backed up recently on EU where the team that pushes early in the match are very likely to be the one who carries the battle. The EU KOTS teams seemed to miss this a little as shown by their use of certain ships, Stalingrad for example, which favours positioning and range rather than countering the offensiveness of the opposition.

• Cool 1

[NEM]
Players
71 posts
1,617 battles
5 ore fa, GarrusBrutus ha scritto:

I don't know if you have played competitve wows but in order to reach the last four in KOTS you need to play at your absolute best. A single mistake by a single player can lead to elimination. 

You adapt to your opponents. That means that EU teams adapt to each other. Maybe the EU server is notoriously passive. I haven't played on other servers. But when you reach the finals and you suddenly have to play against teams from other servers, you have little time to adapt. Add to that the absence of a good incentive besides bragging rights. If you have just won your regions kots( in TTT's example), after three weeks of battling at the highest level... How much effort would you spent in playing another final "for fun"? 

I don't even know why these regional finals exist besides boosting the WoWs Twitch channels numbers.

For sure i've played competitive wows but not with this account. Anyway i noticed that EU clans played really bad making also simple mistakes, somewhat a lot of their own fault is involved in yesterday matches. As i said i think eu clans are best worldwide, would like to see 100% TTT vs 100% o7

[NEM]
Players
71 posts
1,617 battles
2 ore fa, 631327334013 ha scritto:

EU v NA

From what I watched, it was obvious who had the better logistics, did the most training, and better communications.

Well done ALL good Effort.

:Smile_honoring: NA

Also notice that, in some cases, they used different maps compared to maps used in EU KOTS finals

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,664 posts
8,371 battles

Please do not forget,

To get beaten in KOTS server clash,

you need to be IN KOTS server clash...

Players
1,512 posts
34 minutes ago, Nufessa said:

Also notice that, in some cases, they used different maps compared to maps used in EU KOTS finals

I was in a NA Pro War Clan, in a different game, made up of mainly retired Military ( Men and Women ) and a few very wealthy " Cougars "  The philosophy, professionalism, and commitment was totally above any thing I have seen in War Gaming so far.

I suspect a few of them may of played for the NA as I seem to remember a few nicknames, from " The Old Days "

Addendum :-

Having said this:- " was totally above any thing I have seen in War Gaming "

Some one sent me this

http://taw.net/

~~ Fair Play I stand Corrected  o7

Sign in to follow this