Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_FarmCat_

Player base skill Level in this game is a SAD

58 comments in this topic

[TTF]
Players
6 posts
660 battles

Sorry but I have to say this but the skill level of these players is profoundly poor and a real sad excuse for the level of players for a game. Maybe WoWs should make something along the lines of a mode that trains or teaches players on what to do and how to perform and do certain tasks in this game. Because honestly I look around at all the players I come across in or on this EU server and other servers and I think how can these people be so bad at this game cause its almost just common sense. I mean come on what does more then 3/4 of WoWs players not have this ? But if they sold it in the premium shop it prolly would get sold out:Smile_veryhappy:. I play on more then one server and sorry to say but this one is really sad and you would figure that since there is such a big players base on EU that people would learn and or get better but that's doesn't seem like the case. 

I know a lot of people just come on to this game just to waste time and have fun and don't care if they are horrible or are good but there are a lot of people that do care if they get better or do good and would prefer to have some competent players on there team because winning gives ya more XP and credits and free xp and etc...etc.. so of course they would rather win.

There are ways to learn by watching youtube videos and or watching streamers and there is a lot of people that do watch them but I guess watching doesn't help to many players get better. I know people are gonna say well its a free game and people don't care. But what about the people that sunk money into this game and care about the money spent on it? I know for myself I enjoy the game but don't enjoy people that have no direction or capability to understand what there point is in this game for what class is chosen and what there underline job is during battles in that class. But it real is so sad that you see so many players scared to take damage and sit way in the back and shoot from 21 to 24km away from the battle. That kind of playing doesn't win matches sorry to say and Lemming train to one side of the map is not a good choice for a whole team to do. Like where does that make sense in these peoples heads? There has to be people to stop a push from the flank that has no ships on it and or there has to be ships at a empty cap to protest the cap and not givem it for free. But I see this way to many times, time in and time out.... I just wanna know where in there heads does this make sense? Really? 

Also these modes like this Halloween one Saving Transylvania this mode is EZ Peezy but people make it to where its like quantum physics and its not and it is typed rite on the page for everyone to read and its all common sense really and WG makes these modes at its easiest as possible for everyone to play and get done but 75% of the players got no dang clue on how to or what to do and im sure that frustrates a lot of people out there on these teams. 

Anyways what I am saying is maybe WoWs/WG needs to make some kind of training class where the training is pretty close to what random battles are like(and not Co Op) so maybe these players might by some chance actually get better at this game. Make it so if your gonna pass up to the next tiers like say from tier 1 to 4 some training where you have to do battles against bots that are actually good and you need to get a certain amount of damage and or kills to move on to the next tier/ level of 4 to 6 and then do it all over again so that its understood what you job is in that particular class and how to do it and participate in the battle along with showing how to improve on using say torpedoes/hydro/radar and consumables so where you have one fire you don't just put it out instantly. Then when you get threw that level you move to tiers 7 to 8 and again get shown and learn how to play that tiers ships and classes. Untill you get to tier 9 and 10 and are shown that because there are tons of players that cant understand how to play a tier 10 ships.

But it just gets tiering and frustrating watching and getting on teams that are stomped on where you see your team mate have no clue whats going on and what to do and they either just sit out in the middle of the map and get deleted and or they fight with there whole entire ship Broadside to the whole enemy team and get one shoted and then start typing in chat wow nice aim bots they had or some kind of nonsense like that. But that makes sense to you cause you know why that happened to that person but you don't wanna bother typing in chat because then it becomes an argument and reports start flying around. So then whats the point? "Rite" 

So maybe WoWs/WG some time soon hopefully better then later can make something that can get players better at this game of theirs. But I know there are others out there thinking something like this and I seen a video that Notser posted on YouTube saying the same thing about players in WoWs  Even though this is a video showing NA its the same.

But I hope something can be done to help the players of this game some way some how and im far from perfect at this game and can always use things to learn about certain classes. It would be nice to see players getting better so this game would be a lot more fun again cause being frustrated in a game that is suppose to be fun has gone for me. 

[TTF] _FarmCat_

Powered by: WoWS Stats & Numbers - wows-numbers.com
  Overall 21 d.
Battles 53 21
Win rate    

564038144.png

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,065 posts
14,870 battles

To be honest i have never seen more edit* in a game then in WoWs. Maybe Rust ? Dunno. 

Most recent game were i nearly smashed the screen off the table was this. Mr. DD here really wanted to go around the sides for whatever reason, and the team told him not to because it would take too long and he would be useless. He still went and got a beating halfway down by an enemy DD. Now instead of doing better next time, he started ranting in chat, calling us all noobs for not covering him (he instantly panicsmoked and all the spots were gone) and proceeded to sail into the corner of the map and kept ranting in chat all round long.

This is how the game ended. The Jutland was on 113HP, the Yorck on 532HP. I nearly killed them both but the Yorck got in a good hit and it was over. We could have won the game, but Mr. Ignorant didnt want to help at all. He just sat there, laughing at us in chat while we struggled. Even when he noticed that with his help we could ahve won, he just said we deserve the lose for not covering him.

Some player are sadly beyond any help, and frankly, Notser is right, the largest part of the games i play are more frustrating then enjoyable.

Edit: Language please

shot-19.09.23_12.05.39-0395.jpg

shot-19.09.23_12.05.47-0155.jpg

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

Players
608 posts
2,080 battles

The thing is there are 'speshul' players at both ends of the skill spectrum. You have the prima donna's who attract all the girls because they are fantastic at playing a pixel game, and you have the knuckle draggers who are doing a benefit to society by staying inside and off the streets. Unfortunately they need each other to survive in WoWs, because in an ironical twist of evolution the bad players ego means they are robust and immune to criticism from losing, while the good players ego is fragile and ever in need of winning. Happily for the future of human kind most players ego's exist somewhere in the middle ground and can win some and lose some

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
339 posts
3 hours ago, 250swb said:

The thing is there are 'speshul' players at both ends of the skill spectrum. You have the prima donna's who attract all the girls because they are fantastic at playing a pixel game, and you have the knuckle draggers who are doing a benefit to society by staying inside and off the streets. Unfortunately they need each other to survive in WoWs, because in an ironical twist of evolution the bad players ego means they are robust and immune to criticism from losing, while the good players ego is fragile and ever in need of winning. Happily for the future of human kind most players ego's exist somewhere in the middle ground and can win some and lose some

Add to that the fact that WoWs would be closed if only the elite played. So few players can’t generate income for WG to keep the servers alive. Tbh wows is no different than any other Online game I’ve played. I would say it’s a reflection of the human race at a minor scale but these bad players might actually be good or special at something else IRL.

if horrible players didn’t exist how would I, a mediocre player,feel like a god?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
2,613 posts
8,760 battles
Vor 51 Minuten, kapnobathrac sagte:

mediocre player,feel like a god?

No, you would become the trash player at the bottom of all scores since there is nothing else below you anymore. 

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
800 posts
13,647 battles

I'm on the board of my housing cooperative and I see the same problem here.

It doesn't matter how much information we put in the mailboxes, how many meetings we set up or how much we try to explain to our members, there will always be:

"I didn't get any info in my mailbox."

40 people out of 400 coming to the meeting.

"I don't care what the law says, I want it this way!"

I see the same thing in the game.

Ignoring game mechanics then complaining about it.

Not reading the info WG "hands" out and then complaining about it.

Trying to change the game to suit you rather than adapting to the circumstances.

WoWs is easy to play but it's hard to play well. You need to put some effort into it to "git gud" and most players doesn't seem to bother.

Some say "If WG put in some skill-test then people will learn" but I doubt it. The potatoes will still just walk straight through, come out the other side and still haven't learned anything.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Also, when I see/hear people complaining about DDs geting killed early in the game, my question to them will always be: "What did you do to help him?" We can't demand teamwork from others and at the same time ignore it ourselves. We can't put all the blame on WG and claim that our own actions have nothing to do with it.

• Cool 7

[DAVY]
Players
2,675 posts
7 hours ago, _FarmCat_ said:

Stuff

I wonder what the stats of all these bad players would look like if they rerolled :cap_look:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Players
339 posts
19 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I'm on the board of my housing cooperative and I see the same problem here.

It doesn't matter how much information we put in the mailboxes, how many meetings we set up or how much we try to explain to our members, there will always be:

"I didn't get any info in my mailbox."

40 people out of 400 coming to the meeting.

"I don't care what the law says, I want it this way!"

I see the same thing in the game.

Ignoring game mechanics then complaining about it.

Not reading the info WG "hands" out and then complaining about it.

Trying to change the game to suit you rather than adapting to the circumstances.

WoWs is easy to play but it's hard to play well. You need to put some effort into it to "git gud" and most players doesn't seem to bother.

Some say "If WG put in some skill-test then people will learn" but I doubt it. The potatoes will still just walk straight through, come out the other side and still haven't learned anything.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Also, when I see/hear people complaining about DDs geting killed early in the game, my question to them will always be: "What did you do to help him?" We can't demand teamwork from others and at the same time ignore it ourselves. We can't put all the blame on WG and claim that our own actions have nothing to do with it.

There are many mistakes DD make that cant be helped. Rushing in the cap ,smoking and staying still while torps are coming your way isn’t something I can help with considering it happens 60-90 seconds into the game

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,623 posts
8,300 battles
13 hours ago, Corvi said:

To be honest i have never seen more edit* in a game then in WoWs.

oh buoy!

If you really think this.. and never seen worse..

You are lucky mate.. really like..

I've been in a couple communities which makes WOWs player base looks like sophisticated...

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,517 posts
9,660 battles
8 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I've been in a couple communities which makes WOWs player base looks like sophisticated...

One of those communities is the WoT one.......   Reason I quit that game a few years ago,

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
841 posts
6,889 battles

The way I see it, there is only one way of motivating players to learn a few things about the game.  Being bad should only be affordable at co-op and low tiers. Up to T4 maybe.  Starting T5, you either play good and win, or sink in credits.. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
296 posts
3,892 battles

We have to keep in mind, that for a new player, a lot of the stuff is kinda overwhelming.

Take myself as an example.

I played during closed and open beta and stopped playing shortly after release.

Back then, I knew most stats of the ships in the game, with only the USN and IJN in.

When I came back some 2 months or so ago, there is a _ton_ of ships I have no clue about and a metric f***-ton of special rules (RN-CL AP, German AP, IFHE, SAP, and the list goes on and on).

Now, I obviously am not talking about the bare basics, like "don't show broadside to a BB" or "don't sit broadside on in smoke". Yes, this is stuff every new player can learn easily. But the thing is, if you overwhelm a new player with a ton of stuff, he might throw up his hands in frustration and give up on learning even the basics - "I will never get all of this in my head, so why even try?"

But the thing to keep in mind, IMO, is this:

WG has expanded the game considerably, no, MASSIVELY from what it was a couple of years ago. Those of the player-base who were along for the ride learned new stuff bit by bit, as it was introduced. A new player might feel like looking at a gigantic wall of text and go "f*** this, I'll just shoot my guns"

Those are the ones WG could do something about with in-game tutorials and stuff. Feeding them stuff bit by bit.

New players start at rank (is it rank?) 1 and are only able to play Co-Op. Link achieving rank 2 (unlocking research and upgrades) to completing a tutorial about, say, ammo types (sink 2 ships using different ammo or something). Then, in order to get to rank 3 (change this to unlocking upgrades), you have to complete a tutorial about angling, rank 4 (changed to containers) is achieved after completing a tutorial about the use of torps and rank 5 (changed to ship commanders) is unlocked after a tutorial about smoke/spotting.

And then, after completing a tutorial about AA (yeah, that'll be a fun one) you finally achieve rank-6 and unlock random battles.

And then there are those who just don't _want_ to learn. They come here to play a fast game, have fun and couldn't care less about winning or losing, team-play or stats.

You can still get them to realize the basics from the above tutorials (hopefully) but trying to force them to "git-gud" will only achieve one thing, drive them away.

So, serious question to those who complain about bad players (a quite legitimate complain, I might add):

How much of your teams, on average, are made up of those bad players?

A quarter? Half of it?

And do you realize that if WG tried to force them to "learn the game", you'd lose (at a guess) the vast majority of them?

Wow, that got a lot longer than I intended, sorry bout that.

• Cool 2

[COR3]
Players
1,109 posts
12,015 battles
35 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

I wonder what the stats of all these bad players would look like if they rerolled

This.

Also, yes there are a lot of people that will find playing a game like this where having a good understanding of the Basics is difficult.

Introduced a new player and i spend hours explaining mechanics that come as  basic to me over time to him and yet he just simply makes mistakes its something that just happens...

Other than that there is a lot to be said to how fast he progressed to a t5 and 6 without having a basic understanding of anything.

• Cool 5

[DAVY]
Players
2,675 posts
7 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

This.

Also, yes there are a lot of people that will find playing a game like this where having a good understanding of the Basics is difficult.

Introduced a new player and i spend hours explaining mechanics that come as  basic to me over time to him and yet he just simply makes mistakes its something that just happens...

Other than that there is a lot to be said to how fast he progressed to a t5 and 6 without having a basic understanding of anything.

He is doing it wrong then, the OP has rerolled it to T8 after 50 odd battles in random. :Smile_trollface:

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
800 posts
13,647 battles
8 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

There are many mistakes DD make that cant be helped. Rushing in the cap ,smoking and staying still while torps are coming your way isn’t something I can help with considering it happens 60-90 seconds into the game

I'm gonna use something I learned from my father: "I didn't ask what you couldn't do. I asked what you could do." And you can always do something.

Two scenarios:

1: DD rushes of to the cap, alone, and dies.

2: DD doesn't rush of alone, but stays back to screen the rest of the team.

In both cases the DD get screamed at in chatt because "He didn't do his job!" and your team will most likely lose.

Let's try a third scenario.

3: The DD goes forward, makes first contact, comes under fire and have to disengage and fall back. We're now back at Square 1 with the difference that the enemy team has moved up and now holds the cap.

One last scenario.

4: The DD moves up but this time the rest of the team moves with him so they are in good positions when first contact is made. Now the enemy team have more than one target to shoot at and the chance for the survial of the DD is far greater than in scenarios 1 and 3.

I have some "Ground Rules" that I try to stick to.

"When in doubt: Attack!"

"It's better to act than to react."

"Choose the option that give you the most options."

"It's the ship up front that decides what to do. If you're not the ship up front, then your job is to support the ship that is. NO MATTER WHAT!"

'"It doesn't matter if you survive or not. All that matters is what you did before you died."

Bottom line: Don't bother yourself with what others do. Focus on what you are doing. What you do in response to what your teammates do and lead by example. The only person on that playingfield you have full control over is yourself. What are you doing with that control?

• Cool 9

Players
608 posts
2,080 battles
54 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Especially Questionable to Question the Skill of others...

Here's a further talking point. Imagine a cup competition in football where Premiership teams can get to play low league teams, of course the Premiership team nearly always wins (unless it's the one I support), it thrashes the lower league side. But in the newspapers or TV the following day do you ever hear about premiership players calling the lower league team cretins or worse for not playing well enough to make it an interesting game of football? Of course you don't, they are clever and gentlemanly enough to know the lower league team will have been playing as hard as they could given their natural skills.

Well a 40% player in WoWs may equally be playing as hard as they can for their experience and skill level, only for people who consider themselves 'Premiership' material to slag them off in public albeit on a forum and not a newspaper or TV. And it's always the same mantra of 'git gud'. Well your granny could kick a football, how much training will it take to get her into a Premiership football team? You see the point is it's a fantasy some players have in their minds that effort develops skills. It doesn't. Only if there is an underlying ability can effort turn to skill, for the rest they kick the ball against the wall or play a DD badly. That is still fun for them, but a boot camp to make it a chore to play WoWs will only make them turn to playing tiddly-winks, or Fortnite. And then who do you kill to get your Premiership stats?

• Cool 3

[COR3]
Players
1,109 posts
12,015 battles
25 minutes ago, 250swb said:

And then who do you kill to get your Premiership stats?

Considdering that i spend my time on T10 i would hope the right ones :X

On the other hand i wholeheartely agree with your assement there. It's not the point that was made though. I find it highly questionable to go on a Rampage about other players skill on the forums after i spend very little time in the game with barely 56 Games. You know the question is this bad bad players how would their stats look after a cleansweep :)

I do really agree a lot with your analogies. And that after this abysmal sunday where i got ran over like 6 times in Cruisers.

• Cool 1

Players
617 posts
6,737 battles

The subject goes round and round.

Some people in Life learn and improve, They seek to improve and seek our Forums and knowledge

Some don't

Some cant

Some wont

The cream always rises to the top

The only way to solve it re this game would be to split MM by a players stats so you only end up in groups of similar abilities. And that as a solution also has its downsides. 

Players
3,130 posts
9,054 battles

51 minutes ago, 250swb said:

Here's a further talking point. Imagine a cup competition in football where Premiership teams can get to play low league teams, of course the Premiership team nearly always wins (unless it's the one I support), it thrashes the lower league side. But in the newspapers or TV the following day do you ever hear about premiership players calling the lower league team cretins or worse for not playing well enough to make it an interesting game of football? Of course you don't, they are clever and gentlemanly enough to know the lower league team will have been playing as hard as they could given their natural skills.

Wrong.  You can not use that analogy for WOWS. 

Simply because there are DEDICATED leagues, all of which have different expectations..That isnt the case for WOWS as ALL the players play the same league. :cap_tea:

Well a 40% player in WoWs may equally be playing as hard as they can for their experience and skill level, only for people who consider themselves 'Premiership' material to slag them off in public albeit on a forum and not a newspaper or TV. And it's always the same mantra of 'git gud'. 

So lets say your a Man U punter. Would you like to see Sunday leagues players playing along side Rashford? Do you think that is good for the team or Rashford? No.

Rashford will get cheesed off that he is dragging the other players along playing like crazy and the punters wont turn up to the matches to see them constantly lose as they have crap players.

So the "good" players have every right to moan and the "not so good" players will have every right to tell them to shut up as they have every right to play in the same team (Because it's the RULES)

So until WG create different leagues with same skill or MM, both side are right in their own way. 

My biggest thing is "Pride".  I don't wanna drag the teams down with my generally bad skill so i learnt to get better. I don't want others to fail due to my incompetence. However, as this world is now-a-days some people simply don't care about anything expect themselves and have no pride whatsoever. 

• Cool 2

Players
608 posts
2,080 battles
32 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Wrong.  You can not use that analogy for WOWS. 

Simply because there are DEDICATED leagues, all of which have different expectations..That isnt the case for WOWS as ALL the players play the same league. :cap_tea:

Players are in their own league, they play according to their own skills, it just happens to be on the same pitch as better players.

It is an unhealthy obsession that nobody is supposed to be the worst player in a team, or be the best player but also first one to make a mistake. Logically where is this disapproval for players worse than you going to end? Maybe in your dystopian WoWs reality it's when the sort of thing the OP is talking about eventually gets refined right down and it's you who becomes the worst player on the team? Change your tune then?

• Cool 1

Players
304 posts
4,937 battles
10 hours ago, _FarmCat_ said:

Sorry but I have to say this but the skill level of these players is profoundly poor and a real sad excuse for the level of players for a game. Maybe WoWs should make something along the lines of a mode that trains or teaches players on what to do and how to perform and do certain tasks in this game. Because honestly I look around at all the players I come across in or on this EU server and other servers and I think how can these people be so bad at this game cause its almost just common sense. I mean come on what does more then 3/4 of WoWs players not have this ? But if they sold it in the premium shop it prolly would get sold out:Smile_veryhappy:. I play on more then one server and sorry to say but this one is really sad and you would figure that since there is such a big players base on EU that people would learn and or get better but that's doesn't seem like the case. 

I know a lot of people just come on to this game just to waste time and have fun and don't care if they are horrible or are good but there are a lot of people that do care if they get better or do good and would prefer to have some competent players on there team because winning gives ya more XP and credits and free xp and etc...etc.. so of course they would rather win.

There are ways to learn by watching youtube videos and or watching streamers and there is a lot of people that do watch them but I guess watching doesn't help to many players get better. I know people are gonna say well its a free game and people don't care. But what about the people that sunk money into this game and care about the money spent on it? I know for myself I enjoy the game but don't enjoy people that have no direction or capability to understand what there point is in this game for what class is chosen and what there underline job is during battles in that class. But it real is so sad that you see so many players scared to take damage and sit way in the back and shoot from 21 to 24km away from the battle. That kind of playing doesn't win matches sorry to say and Lemming train to one side of the map is not a good choice for a whole team to do. Like where does that make sense in these peoples heads? There has to be people to stop a push from the flank that has no ships on it and or there has to be ships at a empty cap to protest the cap and not givem it for free. But I see this way to many times, time in and time out.... I just wanna know where in there heads does this make sense? Really? 

Also these modes like this Halloween one Saving Transylvania this mode is EZ Peezy but people make it to where its like quantum physics and its not and it is typed rite on the page for everyone to read and its all common sense really and WG makes these modes at its easiest as possible for everyone to play and get done but 75% of the players got no dang clue on how to or what to do and im sure that frustrates a lot of people out there on these teams. 

Anyways what I am saying is maybe WoWs/WG needs to make some kind of training class where the training is pretty close to what random battles are like(and not Co Op) so maybe these players might by some chance actually get better at this game. Make it so if your gonna pass up to the next tiers like say from tier 1 to 4 some training where you have to do battles against bots that are actually good and you need to get a certain amount of damage and or kills to move on to the next tier/ level of 4 to 6 and then do it all over again so that its understood what you job is in that particular class and how to do it and participate in the battle along with showing how to improve on using say torpedoes/hydro/radar and consumables so where you have one fire you don't just put it out instantly. Then when you get threw that level you move to tiers 7 to 8 and again get shown and learn how to play that tiers ships and classes. Untill you get to tier 9 and 10 and are shown that because there are tons of players that cant understand how to play a tier 10 ships.

But it just gets tiering and frustrating watching and getting on teams that are stomped on where you see your team mate have no clue whats going on and what to do and they either just sit out in the middle of the map and get deleted and or they fight with there whole entire ship Broadside to the whole enemy team and get one shoted and then start typing in chat wow nice aim bots they had or some kind of nonsense like that. But that makes sense to you cause you know why that happened to that person but you don't wanna bother typing in chat because then it becomes an argument and reports start flying around. So then whats the point? "Rite" 

So maybe WoWs/WG some time soon hopefully better then later can make something that can get players better at this game of theirs. But I know there are others out there thinking something like this and I seen a video that Notser posted on YouTube saying the same thing about players in WoWs  Even though this is a video showing NA its the same.

But I hope something can be done to help the players of this game some way some how and im far from perfect at this game and can always use things to learn about certain classes. It would be nice to see players getting better so this game would be a lot more fun again cause being frustrated in a game that is suppose to be fun has gone for me. 

[TTF] _FarmCat_