You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrMiyu

Colision to be reviewed

8 comments in this topic

[_VIP_]
Players
4 posts
2,544 battles

Hello Wow,

Is it possible to review/change the collision system, It looks really weird for me.

I means, you can bump into an island, you have no damage.

But an enemy (Richelieu 50% life) scratches just a little bit (collision side by side nearly stopped) my 75% live Bismarck; result dead for both …

I mean I understand the ramming as the last option but it's exaggerated.

From my point of view, I would really prefer to have sudden dead when bumping into an island (It's the payer that need to learn how to navigate)

And review the ramming to make damage based on the speed and angle for the ships.

Guys, what do you think about it?

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
Just now, DrMiyu said:

And review the ramming to make damage based on the speed and angle for the ships.

it is based on relative speeds - just weirdly...

[_VIP_]
Players
4 posts
2,544 battles

I was stopped he was max 20 knots (I was turning full left and it's the left side that touch mine … I mean that doesn't justify around 50.000 damage.

When my mother was scratching my dad's car, she didn't have to re-buy one :-P

[TF57]
Players
74 posts
8,483 battles
2 minutes ago, DrMiyu said:

From my point of view, I would really prefer to have sudden dead when bumping into an island (It's the payer that need to learn how to navigate)

WG would have more complaints from that then the CV rework, potatoes will potatoe, but even if your good at map awareness, in a DD if you get radared and see the Priority target go up to 6 map awareness kinda goes out of the window, learned that myself both potatoeing and panic zigzagging into an island. 

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,507 posts
17,759 battles

Ah, remember the days when ramming an island would actually deal damage to your ship?

Fun times.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,065 posts
14,912 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Ah, remember the days when ramming an island would actually deal damage to your ship?

Fun times.

Best times were when activating speed boost added 2 km to your detect range and some DDs were suddenly less stealthy then cruisers.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,507 posts
17,759 battles
44 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Best times were when activating speed boost added 2 km to your detect range and some DDs were suddenly less stealthy then cruisers.

Or when Yamato only had 41mm belt armor.

Players
208 posts
1,359 battles

I'd like to see no collision and no torp FF.

For collision, sure there can be the argument made for "look where you're going moron" but in reality we can often be focused on the enemy we are engaging using sniper view(is that what its called in wows? you get the point) for long drawn out engagements plus sometimes you are making a hard turn to avoid torps or an airplane attack or an incoming battery of shells, same is true of sudden course changes made by your teammates unknown to you but the point is that these ships, especially the larger ones, are very slow to alter course and slow and speed up so collisions are inevitable. So no damage from teammate collisions would be nice plus very often the system deems the innocent ship involved as been culprit and gets blamed wrongly.

For torpedoes. Ok maybe it's a case of I play tier6 and that's just too low a tier full of noobs and maybe the argument is this does not happen very often at higher tiers but if that is true then remove FF damage from torps up to a certain tier since this is really very annoying for the victim who is pretty much killed and removed from that battle unfairly and in a way he could not anticipate or counter same as he would when he's fighting an enemy ship where this is expected etc. 

I was apposed to the removal of FF from WoT but in fact, while it certainly isn't flawless, it improved the game. I thought it would make the game more idiot proof and remove consequence and the requirement to consider and think about your shots but that wasn't case and it's actually really nice not to get shot in the back of the head by some inconsiderate idiot or noob or selfish clod that doesn't care while not having chunks of hp removed from a crashing into your teammate is also nice. No risk of being banned, no risk of being the victim of some hot headed angry player who blames you for what's happening and shoots you, no turning blue, overall it's better and improved the game more than it hurt the game, a LOT more.