Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

Guys, I just got the mission for Raimondo Montecuccoli

16 comments in this topic

Players
863 posts
2,368 battles

I just completed the first directive of the Italian event and in the first out of the two containers there was the mission for the Regia Nave Raimondo Montecuccoli

Here is the screenshot

shot-19_10.20_20_06.57-0481.thumb.jpg.e19862d52c0c7f6df17beb473068f37f.jpg

Viva l'Italia I guess  

Aeronautica_Militare_Frecce_tricolori_Firenze_2018_MG_1588_24.gif

It seems that the Italian containers have better RNG that the ones we are used to:Smile_hiding:

My opinion on the Italian cruisers doesn't change howver: they need better reload. (montecuccoli has almost the same reload time as a fully upgraded furutaka, but has 152mm instead of 203mm)

• Cool 3

Players
17 posts
10,972 battles

I just played a few games in Montecuccoli and Trento. The DPM is a joke. The ships are not balanced, you get good alpha damage on destroyers but you have no tools to spot them. The concealment is terrible either. Fighting angled Battleships is a pain in the [edited]. 

WG. Thanks for the early access but I am not going to grind this line even if I got early access to tier6. 

• Cool 5

Players
608 posts
2,080 battles

After playing the Montecucccoli a couple of times I think it could make a good ship, unlike it's tier V sister the Genova. But the other ships available all feel awkward and pointless, especially the Amalfi which could be worse than any other tier VIII cruiser that I've got.

Beta Tester
851 posts
13,789 battles
46 minutes ago, Lord_of_Tali said:

The DPM is a joke

The whole SAP is a joke, gets more bounces and shatters than regular AP, nothing against DD and CV, BB shatter shells CA bounce them. Hope ramming does something.

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
3,969 posts
15,152 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I just completed the first directive of the Italian event and in the first out of the two containers there was the mission for the Regia Nave Raimondo Montecuccoli

Here is the screenshot

It feels like a below average tier 5 cruiser. Perhaps okay vs same tiers but it suffers a lot when uptiered, in my experience.

• Cool 3

Players
1,677 posts
17,247 battles

It seems that the Italian containers have better RNG that the ones we are used to:Smile_hiding:

:Smile_facepalm::Smile_teethhappy:

[BAD-A]
Players
516 posts
8,194 battles

To make up for the actual cruisers being massively underwhelming (and that is an understatement in itself).  I'm struggling to see what the point of them is other than to disadvantage the team that they're on.

At this rate, I'm not gong to waste any free XP on them and I'm torn between grinding the XP needed on the A-meh-lfie (credit Aragathor) to get the T9 or rub my face up and down a cheesegrater...

Just playing the T8 in a way so as you don't get nuked right off the bat is enough to get as many -1s as if you played a CV instead.

[NEM]
Players
71 posts
1,569 battles

I seriously doubt that wg is able to balance some f**in ships: i mean we get op cruisers like smolensk or stalingrad on one side and to the other we get this trash line (till tier 8 at least). Wtf Wg, English cruisers got heal and smoke and a decent reload time for their weaknesses. Instead Italian cruisers got one random stupid smoke that last 40 seconds (only 3 charges with superintendent), pathetic trollish ammunition that should lead "HIGH ALPHA" . AHAHAHAHAHAH. Ah, super duper torps moving slower than a Colorado. This is it. You're not able to balance ships wg. 

• Cool 1

[SRW]
Players
1,454 posts
6,985 battles

I got it as well, from the first container I opened so the drop chance for that one is quite high for sure.

Too bad the ship is a joke and deserves to be burned. Tough fight between Montecuccoli and Genova for the worst ship ever released.

[501L]
Players
317 posts
4,101 battles

I don't know, remember the Graf Zepplin on release...that things was so awful they actually pulled it off the store and offered people refunds for it....I don't think they've ever done that before or since. I think that wins the worst ship ever released.

[JRM]
Players
3,971 posts
20,297 battles
5 hours ago, DrMechano said:

I don't know, remember the Graf Zepplin on release...that things was so awful they actually pulled it off the store and offered people refunds for it....I don't think they've ever done that before or since. I think that wins the worst ship ever released.

Really? Remember Varyag?

[501L]
Players
317 posts
4,101 battles

Eh true...but then they never gave a flat out monetary refund for the Varyag...though I will agree it probably IS the worst ship in the game since it offers nothing unique unlike the Mikasa (just play the Bogatyr, better in every way, same playstyle) and only has its historical value going for it...much like the Mikasa.

Players
1,404 posts
11,080 battles

Got both the Montecuccoli and the Amalfi.

Can't really comment on Monte because I don't play tier V anymore, but it felt really meh.

Amalfi is just garbage. IF you have 16 seconds reload on you main guns it better be worth it. Well, it is not. Give me Atago, Prinz Eugen or Hipper (all 203mm) any day of the week.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,967 posts
12,555 battles

Hi all,

14 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The T5 and T6 have decent drop rates, the T7 and T8 don't.

Against my better judgment I bought 1 (one) "Premium" Italian Container for Doubloons (BTW, I got all of my Doubloons for at least 30% discount).

To my great surprise I got "Zara" (i.e. Tier VII) mission with it... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Sign in to follow this