Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gopher31

Research bureau

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SHAD]
Players
1,176 posts

I have 40,000 research points and they feel a little pointless. To get more will cost me freeXP doubloons credits and of course time.

One regrind gives me the equivalent of 200,000 freeXP but costs so much more.

I enjoyed the one regrind I did but I cannot imagine doing another for these rewards.

 

I’m just wondering what others think about the research bureau and perhaps how the rewards could be made more enticing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
4,045 posts
20,499 battles
4 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I have 40,000 research points and they feel a little pointless. To get more will cost me freeXP doubloons credits and of course time.

One regrind gives me the equivalent of 200,000 freeXP but costs so much more.

I enjoyed the one regrind I did but I cannot imagine doing another for these rewards.

 

I’m just wondering what others think about the research bureau and perhaps how the rewards could be made more enticing.

I got the Ohio, not repeating the exercise anytime soon...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUSOS]
Beta Tester
179 posts
7,109 battles

How do you get the reserch points? Its suposed to be when  you start playing with the tier 6 but im tier 7 now and i stil dint get any. Just the 12k for reseting a line.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,761 posts
13,052 battles
15 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I’m just wondering what others think about the research bureau and perhaps how the rewards could be made more enticing.

The RB is for people who have everything or are bored.

For other people it is a waste of ressources.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
4,045 posts
20,499 battles
11 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

How do you get the reserch points? Its suposed to be when  you start playing with the tier 6 but im tier 7 now and i stil dint get any. Just the 12k for reseting a line.

IDK how many times this was written...

 

You do not get points when you reset the line, that is worth 0 points, you get points when you play and win a battle with a T6, T7, T8, T9 and T10 ship of the line and those are distributed in incremental vales with the T10 beeing 6000 points so basically you have to get the T10 since it alone gets you more then half of the points of the line...

 

Oh yes and the first line you reset in a "season" grants you double the bonus so the entire line gives you 20k instead of 10k

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,359 posts
34,530 battles
12 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

How do you get the reserch points? Its suposed to be when  you start playing with the tier 6 but im tier 7 now and i stil dint get any. Just the 12k for reseting a line.

 

If you look in the tech tree the research token symbol are bottom left on the ship icon also visible if you do not have won on the ship that you are currently playing in the regrind at the ships in port. 

Its like Yedwy says above only from T6 so you have got a few already. T6 + T7 500 each x2 for the first resetted line during season = 2000 hence 10 + 2 K=12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,277 posts
8 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

Just the 12k for reseting a line.

- you don't get points for only reseting!

- but you get 10k (not12k)  when the RB is unlocked for you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUSOS]
Beta Tester
179 posts
7,109 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

IDK how many times this was written...

 

You do not get points when you reset the line, that is worth 0 points, you get points when you play and win a battle with a T6, T7, T8, T9 and T10 ship of the line and those are distributed in incremental vales with the T10 beeing 6000 points so basically you have to get the T10 since it alone gets you more then half of the points of the line...

MAybe i dint explain well. Im at tier 7 seven now , i should have resech points fron tier 6 on  and i dont. What im asking is there anything else about it that i doont know?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUSOS]
Beta Tester
179 posts
7,109 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

- you don't get points for only reseting!

- but you get 10k (not12k)  when the RB is unlocked for you...

I did get 12k not 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,359 posts
34,530 battles
27 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I have 40,000 research points and they feel a little pointless. To get more will cost me freeXP doubloons credits and of course time.

One regrind gives me the equivalent of 200,000 freeXP but costs so much more.

I enjoyed the one regrind I did but I cannot imagine doing another for these rewards.

 

I’m just wondering what others think about the research bureau and perhaps how the rewards could be made more enticing.

For me its the replay reward in itself and the sort of double effect by using flags that now not only gives elite XP/XP but also very expensive RB tokens. But take a line at a time or two and advance slowly that is my advice. The reawrd or more interseting ships might be better. 
F.e. to be able to exchange Research tokens into steel? I would not be surprised if such a move would rise the interest a lot.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,277 posts
3 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

i should have resech points fron tier 6 on  and i dont.

so why do you have 12k then? The "start bonus" is only 10k...

 

rb10k.thumb.jpg.830d9ec7344694c3fbf3405a3fd46549.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,003 posts
22,282 battles
1 minute ago, mirage77 said:

I did get 12k not 10.

brain transplant may be a solution

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUSOS]
Beta Tester
179 posts
7,109 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

so why do you have 12k then? The "start bonus" is only 10k...

belive it or not i started with 12K

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUSOS]
Beta Tester
179 posts
7,109 battles

BUt more important i just had my first win of the day with Nagato, tier 7 of the line i reset and i got 0 points!!!

This is not how it supose to work, or im i wrong?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,277 posts
4 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

BUt more important i just had my first win of the day with Nagato, tier 7 of the line i reset and i got 0 points!!!

sure, after a win with the Tier 7 you should have 12k in total...10k starting, 2x 500 for the Tier 6, 2x 500 for the Tier 7...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,460 posts
14,658 battles
44 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I’m just wondering what others think about the research bureau and perhaps how the rewards could be made more enticing.

I hate it because it's boring as F***.

Replayed the IJN torp and gunboats,  got bored with it halfway through and have now quit playing WOWs (have all silver ships, dont like italians).

Sitting on 50k research points and enough FXP and credits for another full regrind, so if we get x2 RP next patch i can probably get enough for Ohio. 

The only way to use it is to dump excess FXP and credits into it to eventually get enough for some new ships.

 

The boredom was bad enough back when they split the USN CL and RU DD line and one had to grind throuogh the Cleveland and Udaloi again. But at least that was only one ship...

 

28 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The RB is for people who have everything or are bored.

For other people it is a waste of ressources.

Better play other games instead. It's a terrible concept.

 

13 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

belive it or not i started with 12K

Probably earned som RP already before you checked the numbers.

I doubt even WG could have found a way to make programming follow RNGesus unintentionally :cap_wander:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUSOS]
Beta Tester
179 posts
7,109 battles
3 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

 

 

Probably earned som RP already before you checked the numbers. Otherwise WG must have found a way to make even programming follow RNGesus :cap_wander:

I rember well, when reserched the Fuso getiing the 12k, it´s not the first time WG does errors like that . :Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUSOS]
Beta Tester
179 posts
7,109 battles
11 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

sure, after a win with the Tier 7 you should have 12k in total...10k starting, 2x 500 for the Tier 6, 2x 500 for the Tier 7...

Thanks for the help, but my problem its thats not what it says rules. Or im going crazy. :Smile_amazed:

I cant see anything about 500+500, only 500 for first win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
811 posts
13,769 battles

I see no reason to re-do half the game just to get two ships that are similar to ships that I already have.

 

Thanks but no thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,277 posts
13 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

I cant see anything about 500+500,

but yes, the first reset in every season give double points...

 

btw your first post

50 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

Its suposed to be when  you start playing with the tier 6 but im tier 7 now and i stil dint get any. Just the 12k for reseting a line.

and then later

16 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

when reserched the Fuso getiing the 12k,

besides both are wrong in respect how the FB should work, they are also inconsistent....first you claim that you get points for only resetting, later you claim that you get points for only researching...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUSOS]
Beta Tester
179 posts
7,109 battles
9 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

but yes, the first reset in every season give double points...

 

btw your first post

and then later

besides both are wrong in respect how the FB should work, they are also inconsistent....first you claim that you get points for only resetting, later you claim that you get points for only researching...

Sry my mistake. I got 12k after reseting the japonese BB line and reaching tier 6.

SO i im undersanting correctly i can get 30k of points max in this season?

Im not conting the extra 2 k i receved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
4,045 posts
20,499 battles
24 minutes ago, mirage77 said:

Sry my mistake. I got 12k after reseting the japonese BB line and reaching tier 6.

SO i im undersanting correctly i can get 30k of points max in this season?

Im not conting the extra 2 k i receved

 

You got 10k for starting the RC and then 2k for T6 and T7 first win - 2x500 each (double bonus)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUSOS]
Beta Tester
179 posts
7,109 battles

Thanks all for the help, i understande my mistake now.

 

But i did get 12k for starting the RC, problably a mistake  from WG...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,300 posts
17,650 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

The RB is for people who have everything or are bored.

 

Or for those, who want to make 100% sure not to get tempted to play certain T10 ships again... Selling sometimes isn't enough... having to re-research the ships is a better way to not play them again ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×