Purnylla

Italian Tokens; Worth buying random bundles after Genova?

10 comments in this topic

Question

[TSSSC]
Players
61 posts
2,553 battles

It's the first time I actually can participate in such an event, and I wonder: Is there any point in buying more random bundles after the Genova has been unlocked, or would I be better off spending my Italian Tokens on something else?

9 answers to this question

[RBMF]
1,015 posts
7,626 battles

Unless you are after the flags, doubloons or coal then probably not. I'm unlocking as many bundles as I can because I want the coal and special flags as I have no interest in getting containers or camo.

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
908 posts
19,466 battles

Dunno, I'm trying to figure out how to spend mine, getting those bundles or spending Italian tokens for single containers with the chance of getting mission for a ship...

[TEC]
Beta Tester
180 posts

I don't care for the missions, as I'm not interested in adding Italian cruisers to my port.

But the Italian standard containers have a chance to drop 100 doubloons, so I've spent my tokens on those. Got 300 dbs so far.

Players
177 posts
1,300 battles
8 hours ago, tsounts said:

Dunno, I'm trying to figure out how to spend mine, getting those bundles or spending Italian tokens for single containers with the chance of getting mission for a ship...

What's so great about the ship missions? 

Players
96 posts
On 10/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Purnylla said:

It's the first time I actually can participate in such an event, and I wonder: Is there any point in buying more random bundles after the Genova has been unlocked, or would I be better off spending my Italian Tokens on something else?

Only if you after the coal. Coz 9 of them will give you 1k or 2k of coal (with some other stuff). Perma camos for tokens only attractive if you wanna keep those mid tier cruisers in your port.

[W-C]
Players
24 posts
1,666 battles

Currently, Genova is very very bad.

But... If you want a captain trainer, then maybe.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
260 posts
5,423 battles

I intend to use those tokens to buy me some premium days when I actually have the time to play the game. Not interested in Italian cruisers now - I can grind them later when I want.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,878 posts
10,633 battles
On 10/21/2019 at 9:31 AM, Sir_Sinksalot said:

What's so great about the ship missions? 

They get you early access to the new Italian cruisers (T5-T8, with one mission needed per ship; generally, the lower tier ones drop less infrequently). Said ships come with all upgrades (hulls etc.) researched/purchased, and you can put any captain in them during the early access period in a similar manner to premiums. They will revert to being standard silver ships in all respects with the next patch.

In practical terms, how valuable this is will depend on how rabid an 'early adopter' you are, and whether you dislike grinding - the main plus point (from my perspective) of these missions is that they provide an opportunity to avoid the low tier grind at least. Also, if you have Italian ships, the current directives are slightly easier (you also get an easy mission for each one for more Italian tokens too) as one of each set of missions is for Italian ships only (as you've probably already seen).

[CATS]
Players
21,661 posts
13,042 battles

It is a point when the stuff has worth to you. If not, then not.

Otherwise I suggest containers, perma camos or consumable camos.