Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sukasaa

Halloween 2019

29 comments in this topic

[COMFY]
Players
124 posts
5,433 battles

I was wondering will WG put Premium Halloween Containers in shop? (;'3

Weekend Tester
737 posts
7,956 battles

To me it feels very, very stale - the event and the whole theme.

Added to the arbitrary nature of the outcomes vs the effort needed in the games, the rewards are a bit poor and some are plain tired - e.g I now have well over 1,000 Halloween cammos; many from the original 2016 event, and loads from subsequent events and crates. WG have even put them in many of the recent anniversary SCs. Please, at least change the colour scheme each year!

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,715 battles
34 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

I'm wondering if there's any point in playing the event this year?

For FUN?

and for the XP:Smile_playing: 

XP.

Modder
1,859 posts
12,846 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Butterdoll sagte:

For FUN?

and for the XP:Smile_playing: 

Both is rather low compared to last year.

But I dunno, maybe 1% of the players enjoy grinding superhardmode-ops in division.

But for me it feels rather unloving made this time.

• Cool 1

Players
612 posts
2,089 battles
1 hour ago, Sukasaa said:

I was wondering will WG put Premium Halloween Containers in shop? (;'3

Probably at the end of this month when it actually starts, the Operation mode is only a foretaste, not the whole event.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
2,822 posts
12,396 battles

When do the proper Operations come back again?

(I tried the Halloween mode last night, didn't think much of it)

• Cool 1

Players
4,220 posts
7,592 battles
1 hour ago, cracktrackflak said:

To me it feels very, very stale - the event and the whole theme.

They've dropped the submarine game as well this year, which was possibly the best part last year.

• Cool 4

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,316 posts
10,772 battles
16 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

When do the proper Operations come back again?

(I tried the Halloween mode last night, didn't think much of it)

Will take time - most of them which are currently removed include CV and Anti-Airplane-Gameplay, which is still not finished unfortunately. 

[S-O-M]
Players
351 posts

CRAP, compared to last year, the subs made it.  And as mentioned elsewhere = dire rewards for spending time doing it, you play a lot worse and get greater rewards playing a random.

• Cool 3

[UAC]
Players
597 posts
1,891 battles

I would love to get the steampunk styles for nassau, st. louis and tirpitz ( I would legit buy Tirpitz if I got that Magnu-s style) and the monster versions of Shokaku (and mikasa, even though it doesn't exist).

But oh well....super hard missions are exactly that, super hard and even if I completed them with 5 stars I would probably not even get all those styles, if any of them.

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,715 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

Both is rather low compared to last year.

But I dunno, maybe 1% of the players enjoy grinding superhardmode-ops in division.

But for me it feels rather unloving made this time.

well, I'm fixed in getting XP, I need it badly , for me it's the highest reward in the all game.

at the same time the XP grinding it's killing the fun.

Hard mode? No I did UF in hard mode and was enough for me, besides doing with random teams is as hard as it can get.

I see what you mean.

maybe because of subs , they had to come up with something.

Last year I didn't like the ships I only played back to back because of  the XP, I didn't have fun, I disliked Octupus and Leviathan, they sucked,  I only played both because of the team oriented consumables., and I was relieved when it ended. 

this year maybe because of subs I'm playing my favourite ships of Halloween, again.

[BYOB]
Players
3,944 posts
16,717 battles
3 hours ago, Capra76 said:

I'm wondering if there's any point in playing the event this year?

Well, I've done most of them with my clan mates yesterday, so save for doing the super hard mode for Sunray and the new mode, I'm done. As a player with several 19p captains there is just no reason to touch Halloween.

And it's not like the ops rewards are astounding.

• Cool 3

Players
304 posts
3,485 battles

11 torpedo hits, 4 BBs sunk, 63K damage and what do I get ? 129 elite XP.

Sorry, WG, but this isn't worth the time or effort.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,695 posts
6,918 battles

The Haloween mode was fun, the first 2 years, was alright the 3d year, but now when i have all the achievments, well it's past it's prime for me, for new players it's a fun change from the daly stuff tho. 

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,715 battles

excuse me, but i'll drop it in here, I think it's proper, it fits.

first

it's been like this.

632481540_semnome.png.734128dd516ca92c6bfcb674427be35e.png

But this is just getting ridiculous

shot-19_10.20_17_42.26-0935.thumb.jpg.c5e4763d5afba5804e7028b78df2a18a.jpg

@NothingButTheRain This is what I meant about High damage output, less is more a lot more. Means everyone is doing fine not just one or two.

Now let's take a look at this team

1199630699_11zikasas.thumb.png.5e36bc77579e6b935df177869e30a093.png

See?

And the result, I've nothing to show after this battle, and I'm already running very low on boosters.

this team wasn't that bad, they held, they just fell apart in the last stretch, and we didn't had enough DPM to sink Rasputin and Transylvania was low on HP. Not even a Ram would work

Now, initially I thought well it's a well known operation with well known ships.

It will be easier this year.

But apparently I was wrong.

Low rewards, some players find it boring and so on, these factors may keep the people who know this operation away.

and overall experience may suffer.

I don't give a rats [edited]about Italian ships. (squishy, without HE and slow reloading, it's just a bad batch of tea)

This ops not only can render a nice reward (about 30k XP) for me.

And can be a lot better than the regular random income.

• Cool 1

Players
1,616 posts
10,818 battles
43 minutes ago, Pametrada said:

11 torpedo hits, 4 BBs sunk, 63K damage and what do I get ? 129 elite XP.

Sorry, WG, but this isn't worth the time or effort.

Who was it that got 1.4 million damage and only received 51,000 credits... @NothingButTheRain

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,715 battles
14 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Who was it that got 1.4 million damage and only received 51,000 credits... @NothingButTheRain

WTF?:Smile_amazed:

this is from two years ago (without boosters and with regular account) 1.1 million damage, 206189 credits.260 and something XP and 131 free XP 

halovic.thumb.png.5a48125a310b0743c35df0bde5134991.png

Players
5,311 posts
10,284 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Yes, that's because it was a loss (though wouldn't have been that much better with a win).

But damage numbers and income is not a set thing anyway, it differs between gamemodes and individual resources.

[S-O-M]
Players
351 posts

Wow, this event continues to be the turd that is the cv and MM reworks, way too hard because of the state of play; with team mates get whacked within 10 mins, it was fairly easy and enjoyable last year, this year, it's pointless playing, and if you do the returns are as good as the Russian Navy during the last 200 years; pathetic, I was sole survivor, killed 4 had over 450.000 in damage and got a huge bonus of 45k credits.

My point because of the state of play, and the sheer amount of shrubs now playing, because a lot of good players left after the CV Kock up, such events are pointless and worthless.

Anyone also notice how generous WG are with crates these days ?, again a waste of space.

Give the event ago, you may have team mates that can actually play, but if not you'd have wasted wot 5 minutes ;-).

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,776 posts
10,805 battles
On 10/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, MadBadDave said:

CRAP, compared to last year, the subs made it.  And as mentioned elsewhere = dire rewards for spending time doing it, you play a lot worse and get greater rewards playing a random.

This seems to be a growing problem with WG. They overvalue their rewards and grossly undervalue our time and effort.

Players
1,066 posts
16,570 battles

I'm probably going to do the Halloween scenario this weekend for the daily missions avoids enduring weekend gamers, and it's always entertaining seeing such crazy high damage scores. I'm not to bothered with doing the harder levels as the containers don't have anything that really interest me. 

At least they didn't bring back last years awful Halloween mission it was just so boring. 

Players
1,713 posts
6,478 battles
On 10/20/2019 at 2:55 PM, MadBadDave said:

dire rewards for spending time doing it, you play a lot worse and get greater rewards playing a random.

Yeap, I do them once now to get 4-5 stars then quit and go back to Co-Op where I earn the same Base XP with three 99% guaranteed wins in the same time as 1 Halloween game which is much harder to win.

Players
1,260 posts
8,457 battles

The 5 star reward is nice but there is no reason to repeat not to mention its almost impossible to find a 'winning' division to try the harder modes. People just dont play it much I think (or well also.)

Sign in to follow this