You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Subjected to constant team-kill damage during a game by an idiot - who do I send the replay to for action?

37 comments in this topic

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,378 posts
8,927 battles
19 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Just  had what seemed like a good battle in my Tirpitz. I torped and killed two ships in a brawl and did 109,00dmg in just a few minutes. 

Then my Friendly Myoko 3km behind he killed me with torps!:cap_viking:

I obviously cannot be sure he did it on purpose but every torp he sent hit me!

(Just wanted to rant about that!)

Some players as just special - on the weekend in a co-op battle we had an Omaha sending torps out on cool-down even when the enemy ships were over three times the range of the torps away.  Yes, they eventually they managed to torp a friendly later on in the game on one of the caps.

Either they were 'special' or a cheap BoT.

[-ASB8]
Players
5 posts
538 battles

I played a lot with battleships and carriers without a lot of problems

Now I started destroyers and I got suiciding (not by accident, watched the replays) teammates everywhere. I never wanted to tk (one accident happened though). Any ideas to get out of pink without abandoning destroyers?

[P-W-C]
Players
5,284 posts
28,783 battles
On 10/23/2019 at 8:38 AM, BrusilovX said:

Some players as just special - on the weekend in a co-op battle we had an Omaha sending torps out on cool-down even when the enemy ships were over three times the range of the torps away.  Yes, they eventually they managed to torp a friendly later on in the game on one of the caps.

Either they were 'special' or a cheap BoT.

Cause some don’t even know their torps have limited range...

Players
2,072 posts
10,963 battles
46 minutes ago, Salzstangl said:

I played a lot with battleships and carriers without a lot of problems

Now I started destroyers and I got suiciding (not by accident, watched the replays) teammates everywhere. I never wanted to tk (one accident happened though). Any ideas to get out of pink without abandoning destroyers?

Basically this:

image.thumb.png.f97a63c5fd27283beec50ebe74fa8a10.png

If there are friendly ships close and forward to you, do not torp (unless you can accept the risk of hitting a teammate). You may have a clear shot and think you teammate will not move into the path of your torps but sometimes they may have to move into the path to avoid say a broadside from an enemy BB and in the heat of the moment they will not have time to check or know if you've launched torps or will launch torps. 

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
780 posts
5,827 battles

People are teamkilling because there is practically no punishment for it.

You didn't like the way your teammate plays? Just tell him with your guns....

That bastard just "stole" your kill? Torp the crap out of him...

Only punishment you'll receive will be turning pink for 2 battles...Well who cares.. After 2 fast co-ops, you can continue to deliver judgement like the badass you are...

Players
547 posts
1,908 battles
On 10/23/2019 at 7:16 AM, gopher31 said:

I obviously cannot be sure he did it on purpose but every torp he sent hit me!

It's worth double checking to see if the player who torp'd you was a bot on your team because it has become 'a thing' recently in Co-Op for friendly bots to do team damage that way.

[-ASB8]
Players
5 posts
538 battles
Vor 20 Stunden, pra3y sagte:

If there are friendly ships close and forward to you, do not torp (unless you can accept the risk of hitting a teammate). You may have a clear shot and think you teammate will not move into the path of your torps but sometimes they may have to move into the path to avoid say a broadside from an enemy BB and in the heat of the moment they will not have time to check or know if you've launched torps or will launch torps. 

If you watch the replay you can mostly see if the other one hit the torps by accident. Just watch the last move-input. Did they try to evade/minimize damage or park broadside and reduce speed to catch the full barrage.

In one case the allied ship was even far out of reach when I shot, but it closed the range and parked broadside (T3 dds very easy)

Players
2,072 posts
10,963 battles
3 hours ago, Salzstangl said:

If you watch the replay you can mostly see if the other one hit the torps by accident. Just watch the last move-input. Did they try to evade/minimize damage or park broadside and reduce speed to catch the full barrage.

In one case the allied ship was even far out of reach when I shot, but it closed the range and parked broadside (T3 dds very easy)

If you post the replay here or send me a pm with it i can have a look.

But like i mentioned in my earlier reply, if you have any friendly in front of you, then don't torp unless you're willing to accept being pink. You are the one launching the torps, not them. How would they know that you are going to launch torps in the first place. The responsibility therefore lies with you to ensure that you don't have any allies in your field of fire or will potentially enter that field of fire.

[-ASB8]
Players
5 posts
538 battles
Am 5.12.2019 um 03:24, pra3y sagte:

If you post the replay here or send me a pm with it i can have a look.

But like i mentioned in my earlier reply, if you have any friendly in front of you, then don't torp unless you're willing to accept being pink. You are the one launching the torps, not them. How would they know that you are going to launch torps in the first place. The responsibility therefore lies with you to ensure that you don't have any allies in your field of fire or will potentially enter that field of fire.

I dont have the replay anymore. I resolved the issue by (nearly) only using the guns (english dds are not very good with that but most low-tier enemies arent good at torps either). T4 and upwards the english torps get worse but I dont do any team-damage without having collected more experience.

[BODEM]
Players
529 posts
5,524 battles

When I saw the title of the OP, I already thought he posted the vid in the OP. And he did. Smells like some fake obliviousness to me about not knowing how to report and where to send a vid.