You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Subjected to constant team-kill damage during a game by an idiot - who do I send the replay to for action?

37 comments in this topic

Players
1,580 posts
6,022 battles

Hi @MrConway

Just played a game where an Atlanta decided that deliberately and constantly shooting his team mate - me - was far more fun than shooting the enemy. Is there any specific person I should send the replay to as players like this really need a message from WG or (worst case) a short ban to learn their lesson - or is there just the generic "report to Customer Service" answer and nothing happens?

I'm not naming and shaming as that not allowed but it's very telling that their account is Private and they are a Clan of 1 person.

Here's the replay - In an Okhotnik (4x 7.62mm AA guns, 2x 3in guns - AA rating of 5) I was under CV focus the whole time and I finally had to pop smoke to hide so the friendly Atlanta decided to turn pink by shooting the crap out of me whilst I was in smoke, rather than help by downing the aircraft around me. I ended up with 5 plane kills and 5300 AA damage - in an Okhotnik!!!!

REPLAY REMOVED

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,389 posts
9,010 battles

You need to remove the link to the replay as it's counted as 'naming and shaming' as people can see the name in the replay.

You can raise a ticket with customer support although I expect they will tell you that this is handled by the automated system.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
20,526 posts
12,586 battles

As always: customers support.

Consequences depend on the frequency of his actions and numbers of reports.

A first time offender probably does not get banned, even short time.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,389 posts
9,010 battles

The Atlanta player was a window licker though - continuing to fire on you even though an enemy DD was in the cap and closer to them than you were.

Not sure why you used 'all' chat rather than team chat as it was a co-op game so the other team were all BOTs.

I think you could have continued into the cap rather than hide behind the island as you were not spotting anything.   Also sitting in one place while there are enemy bombers around should make you an easier target than one that was moving around.

To me there is nothing worse  than a DD that does not spot for the team and/or smokes up and expects the team to spot for them.   i try to not smoke up as a DD and if I have a DD do that to me I'll leave the area as I'm not going to spot for a DD and be the target of enemy ships - as a DD you have concealment and torps on your side.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
2,463 posts
11,127 battles
36 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I'm not naming and shaming as that not allowed but it's very telling that their account is Private and they are a Clan of 1 person.

Oy! I'm a clan of one person. Report via customer support. If they are clan then they've clearly invested some effort and doubloons in making one and might respond to a ticking off.

Players
843 posts
15,796 battles

As has been said report to customer support give details of who and what time along with the replay. 

Im not sure if anything actually happens to them as the replies I usually get in those circumstances always say: the system keeps a record of team damage etc. 

Still it never hurts to report such people directly in the hope of highlighting that it was done deliberately 

[RBMF]
843 posts
7,241 battles

The generic answer is yes, report them to customer support.

These players do receive sanctions for the record, but such confirmations and sharing of private information is not allowed. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it does not happen.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/26679/

Kind regards,

Minia

Players
1,064 posts
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

Hi @MrConway

Just played a game where an Atlanta decided that deliberately and constantly shooting his team mate - me - was far more fun than shooting the enemy. Is there any specific person I should send the replay to as players like this really need a message from WG or (worst case) a short ban to learn their lesson - or is there just the generic "report to Customer Service" answer and nothing happens?

Here's the replay - In an Okhotnik (4x 7.62mm AA guns, 2x 3in guns - AA rating of 5) I was under CV focus the whole time and I finally had to pop smoke to hide so the friendly Atlanta decided to turn pink by shooting the crap out of me whilst I was in smoke, rather than help by downing the aircraft around me. I ended up with 5 plane kills and 5300 AA damage - in an Okhotnik!!!!

REPLAY REMOVED

image.thumb.png.c40b4d09717b0ff40f29b0c71d67e682.png

Players
1,064 posts
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

REPLAY REMOVED

Yes you are!

Its irrelevant, the status of his statistics and how many are in his clan.

• Boring 4

Players
1,580 posts
6,022 battles
2 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

The Atlanta player was a window licker though - continuing to fire on you even though an enemy DD was in the cap and closer to them than you were.

Not sure why you used 'all' chat rather than team chat as it was a co-op game so the other team were all BOTs.

I think you could have continued into the cap rather than hide behind the island as you were not spotting anything.   Also sitting in one place while there are enemy bombers around should make you an easier target than one that was moving around.

To me there is nothing worse  than a DD that does not spot for the team and/or smokes up and expects the team to spot for them.   i try to not smoke up as a DD and if I have a DD do that to me I'll leave the area as I'm not going to spot for a DD and be the target of enemy ships - as a DD you have concealment and torps on your side.

"All" chat - It shows up white which is easier to read than green for me.

"Continue into cap" - There was an Atlanta that could see me (it shot at me a few times) and a better gun boat DD in the Nicolas and I was perma-spotted by the CV so yeah I'm not moving until the CV is gone and I can kill the two BB's charging in at me (well killed 1 and hurt the other anyway).

Considering it's Co-Op rather than PvP then the way DD's play is very VERY different as Co-Op is very selfish. Those things you mentioned are great for PvP but in a 4min Co-Op game they leave you bottom of the team with 100 Base XP as, in Co-Op, you judge the right time to charge in flinging Torps everywhere to sink 2-3 ships before the game ends as I almost did, if I had my extra 1500 health left taken by the friendly, I would have probably have sunk the 2nd BB (rather than wounding it) and the Italian ship too hopefully.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,389 posts
9,010 battles
21 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

"Continue into cap" - There was an Atlanta that could see me (it shot at me a few times) and a better gun boat DD in the Nicolas and I was perma-spotted by the CV so yeah I'm not moving until the CV is gone and I can kill the two BB's charging in at me (well killed 1 and hurt the other anyway).

Considering it's Co-Op rather than PvP then the way DD's play is very VERY different as Co-Op is very selfish. Those things you mentioned are great for PvP but in a 4min Co-Op game they leave you bottom of the team with 100 Base XP as, in Co-Op, you judge the right time to charge in flinging Torps everywhere to sink 2-3 ships before the game ends as I almost did, if I had my extra 1500 health left taken by the friendly, I would have probably have sunk the 2nd BB (rather than wounding it) and the Italian ship too hopefully.

You were perma-spotted as you remained in one place and gave up the ability to move out of an area (even to get some AA cover from team mates nearby).  Sitting still like you did behind the island may have protected you from most shots form the enemy but if the AI managed to drop bombs on you (sitting still makes you an easy target) your battle would have ended sooner,

The only difference between co-op and PvP is that caps are not always important (they can be when as a DD/CA you're the only one left against numerous enemy so by surviving you win the game fir the team due to the points lead you have)  and the AI push.

The basic function of each type of ship remains the same.

As a DD you can use your speed and maneouverability to dodge attacks - if in doubt smoke up and run.   The time for the torp ambushes is usually towards the end of a battle when there are only enemy BBs around - there are times before then that you could do an ambush but they are quite rare as usually some ships will spot you.

The DD you played has a lot of guns and should be able to take out a Nicholas just on the sheer number of shells you can unleash.

Players
1,580 posts
6,022 battles
On 10/19/2019 at 10:49 PM, BrusilovX said:

The only difference between co-op and PvP is that caps are not always important (they can be when as a DD/CA you're the only one left against numerous enemy so by surviving you win the game fir the team due to the points lead you have)  and the AI push.

The basic function of each type of ship remains the same.

As a DD you can use your speed and maneouverability to dodge attacks - if in doubt smoke up and run.   The time for the torp ambushes is usually towards the end of a battle when there are only enemy BBs around - there are times before then that you could do an ambush but they are quite rare as usually some ships will spot you.

The DD you played has a lot of guns and should be able to take out a Nicholas just on the sheer number of shells you can unleash.

Look, I'm sorry to be "that person" but my stats in Co-Op (and PvP) are on average twice as good as yours so if that is how you play Co-Op then it helps explain why your stats are much lower that mine. Co-Op and PVP are very different modes with different tactics to do "well" in each and using PvP tactics in Co-Op just leads to lower performance overall.

I'll just stick to doing what I do best, which is killing twice as many ships per battle, doing twice as much damage per game and getting a WOWS-Numbers Personal Rating twice as high.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,310 posts
On 10/19/2019 at 5:14 PM, IanH755 said:

Hi @MrConway

REPLAY REMOVED

Oh thank got it wasn't me then:Smile_veryhappy:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,803 posts
2,828 battles
On 10/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, IanH755 said:

Hi @MrConway

REPLAY REMOVED

You can always report this to customer support, who will decide if the person deserves a ban based on his behaviour in that battle and his previous rule violations!

Players
2,660 posts
18 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Look, I'm sorry to be "that person" but my stats in Co-Op (and PvP) are on average twice as good as yours so if that is how you play Co-Op then it helps explain why your stats are much lower that mine.

Um, the way Brusilov plays coop gives him a higher win rate than you :Smile_hiding:

Players
1,064 posts
On 10/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, IanH755 said:

Hi @MrConway

REPLAY REMOVED

Bildergebnis für complaints department gif

[MORIA]
Beta Tester
919 posts
13,781 battles
Am 19.10.2019 um 18:52, invicta2012 sagte:

Oy! I'm a clan of one person. Report via customer support. If they are clan then they've clearly invested some effort and doubloons in making one and might respond to a ticking off.

And do you have a an Atlanta? Did you play any co-op battles with it lately? Just aksing.... :-)

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,389 posts
9,010 battles
On 10/21/2019 at 4:08 PM, IanH755 said:

Look, I'm sorry to be "that person" but my stats in Co-Op (and PvP) are on average twice as good as yours so if that is how you play Co-Op then it helps explain why your stats are much lower that mine. Co-Op and PVP are very different modes with different tactics to do "well" in each and using PvP tactics in Co-Op just leads to lower performance overall.

I'll just stick to doing what I do best, which is killing twice as many ships per battle, doing twice as much damage per game and getting a WOWS-Numbers Personal Rating twice as high.

While I agree that your stats are better than mine looking at how you played that battle in a DD (not spotting for the team) I can understand how players may react to a DD that does not spot or smokes up and expects everyone else to spot for you.

I'd almost believe that the Atlanta had been in a previous battle where you did not carry out the DDs function and they were showing their displeasure.

If you're not willing to spot for your team as a DD don't expect any other ships on your team to carry out their functions.

When I play a DD I rarely smoke up for myself - I will put smoke down if I'm being chased by three or four ships (usually a DD or cruiser spotting me and the rest in support) and I have put smoke down for cruisers or BBs if they need some.

When there is a DD like you in-game I'll move away from them and they usually sit in their hiding spot (or in smoke) until the enemy takes them out.

Players
1,580 posts
6,022 battles
1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

While I agree that your stats are better than mine looking at how you played that battle in a DD (not spotting for the team) I can understand how players may react to a DD that does not spot or smokes up and expects everyone else to spot for you.

I'd almost believe that the Atlanta had been in a previous battle where you did not carry out the DDs function and they were showing their displeasure.

If you're not willing to spot for your team as a DD don't expect any other ships on your team to carry out their functions.

When I play a DD I rarely smoke up for myself - I will put smoke down if I'm being chased by three or four ships (usually a DD or cruiser spotting me and the rest in support) and I have put smoke down for cruisers or BBs if they need some.

When there is a DD like you in-game I'll move away from them and they usually sit in their hiding spot (or in smoke) until the enemy takes them out.

Again, everything you said is absolutely correct for PvP and thats how I played DD's when I still did Random games. But for Co-Op the players mentality isn't "My team vs another team" instead its incredibly selfish and hyper aggressive compared to PvP with a - "How much damage/kills can I do before the game ends in 4 mins to earn the most XP or have the most fun" attitude, meaning that all the PvP tactics that you mention (which are good tactics) don't "work" that well in a 4 min Co-Op match, there just isn't enough time when everyone charges in trying to get as many kills as possible before the game ends.

So in this game even though I'm playing statically at this point, I'm just waiting for those two big BB's to come brawling through the middle (and I know they'll be there) whilst my team is already spotting the rest of the bots on the right flank and left flank whilst in other games I'll rush in like a maniac throwing torps everywhere sinking 3-4 ships before dying with a great XP score - each game is different and, if I had my 1500 health back I'd have survived long enough to have a much better game with 2 BB's dead from 100% and probably the Italian Cruiser too for a 500XP-ish game (very good for Co-Op) and in the top 2 in the team.

Lastly, even if the Atlanta player was "annoyed" that a DD wasn't spotting in Co-Op, I think we can all agree that you don't shoot at them, thats just a :etc_swear: move!

• Cool 1

Players
1,580 posts
6,022 battles
8 hours ago, MrConway said:

You can always report this to customer support, who will decide if the person deserves a ban based on his behaviour in that battle and his previous rule violations!

Thanks for the reply.

Players
1,580 posts
6,022 battles

@BrusilovX - Here's a replay of my typical Co-Op game in the Okhotnik (well any ship really)] - I use my Smoke only to hide myself, I don't spot for the team (the bots shoot at the team which keeps the bots spotted) and yet I sink 4 ships for 515 Base XP and place top of the team with 75% more XP than the guy in 2nd place - Co-Op heavily rewards being selfish, where it's better to think of it as "it's me vs 7 humans" rather than 8 humans v 8 bots.

20191022_221147_PRSD505-Okhotnik-1917_41_Conquest.wowsreplay

shot-19_10.22_22_19.17-0140.thumb.jpg.1b9be328cbcd7c1a5f8a274ae0d4f99c.jpg

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
1,215 posts
9,691 battles
6 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Mate not a single sane person spots for teammates in coop helping them to deal damage as teammates are you biggest enemy in this damage race. This is how this stupid mode works, with :etc_swear: up reward system in place, no matter if we like it or not, that is the best, most effective from the personal point of view tactic. Pretty much very game is won, so what the point in playing for a random guys? Playing in a way that they can farm and leave you with less credits and xp? In coop everyone plays for oneself only unless something really goes wrong and low IQ bots are better then biobots in your team.

[SHAD]
Players
943 posts

Just  had what seemed like a good battle in my Tirpitz. I torped and killed two ships in a brawl and did 109,00dmg in just a few minutes. 

Then my Friendly Myoko 3km behind he killed me with torps!:cap_viking:

I obviously cannot be sure he did it on purpose but every torp he sent hit me!

(Just wanted to rant about that!)