Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puma_GCS

Mac osx Catalina compatibility

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
3 posts
4,633 battles

Hi for all, i've a question regarding new wargaming game center dis it compatible with osx Catalina? World of Warships can run on osx catalina?

Regards.

Speeed 62

6 answers to this question

[RBMF]
1,025 posts
7,656 battles

Hello,

Mac OSX Catalina is currently not supported. Source: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10631/ 

I'm afraid I do not know when it will be supported, the wrapper is developed by a third-party company. 

Kind regards,

Minia

[GPC]
Players
1 post
2,764 battles

Hello all, I recently bought a new Mac, and have been trying the Wows Mac wrapper 3.3.3. The game works fine in macOS Catalina, you just have to remove shadows because it shows some weird artifacts in game if you have them enabled. All the info can be found in the US forum here >>  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/80899-wows-mac-wrapper-bugs-and-feedback-thread/?page=91 

[FISHR]
Players
50 posts
2,844 battles
On 10/21/2019 at 1:05 AM, CptMinia said:

Hello,

Mac OSX Catalina is currently not supported. Source: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10631/ 

I'm afraid I do not know when it will be supported, the wrapper is developed by a third-party company. 

Kind regards,

Minia

I'm afraid you might be misleading/misled to believe it does not work with Catalina, when in fact it does.

I had the previous MacOS version installed and could not manage to make patch 0.8.10 work in a stable way. It kept on crashing in a very frustrating way.

I was afraid to update to Catalina because I'd read the article you point to.

WG being WG, that article is misleading, too.

Their attitude towards Mac users is "talk to CodeWeavers, we want nothing to do with you", and their player support is totally worthless with Mac-related issues.

I had issues with the off-the-shelf wrapper and contacted CodeWeavers, the third-party company that wraps WG titles in Wine to make it run on Macs.

They were very kind and provided me with a way of making it work perfectly on Catalina (you HAVE to have Catalina, otherwise it won't work), albeit with very poor graphics, but that is just my laptop, I'm sure someone with an iMac/Pro will have no problem with graphics.

All was well, until today

Today I launched WGC (Wargaming Game Center, the master app from which then yo launch any of their titles), and it started updating itself out of commission.

Now nothing works. I mean, I get the little dot below the WGC icon in the dock, but then nothing happens.

I have opened a ticket with CodeWeavers.

Let's see how it goes

Good hunting

P.S: I have managed to have WoWS work on my 30" Cinema display at full 2560x1600 resolution. No wonder the graphics card is struggling to keep up with the load! I might need an eGPU...

[RBMF]
1,025 posts
7,656 battles
1 minute ago, soffici said:

Actually, you are wrong

I had issues with the off-the-shelf wrapper and contacted CodeWeavers, the third-party company that wraps WG titles in Wine to make it run on Macs.

They were very kind and provided me with a way of making it work perfectly, albeit with very poor graphics, but that is just my laptop, I'm sure someone with an iMac/Pro will have no problem with graphics.

Until today, that is

I launched WGC (Wargaming Game Center, the master app from which then yo launch any of the titles), and it started updating itself out of commission.

Now nothing works. I mean, I get the little dot below the WGC icon in the dock, but then nothing happens.

I have opened a ticket with CodeWeavers.

Let's see how it goes

Good hunting

P.S: I have managed to have WoWS work on my 30" Cinema display at full 2560x1600 resolution. No wonder the graphics card is struggling to keep up with the load! I might need an eGPU...

That post is almost 2 months old and having just checked, world of warships still does not officially support Mac OSX Catalina. The wrapper as I said is made by a third-party company, which is CodeWeavers. So really, you're just confirming what I've already said...

[FISHR]
Players
50 posts
2,844 battles
1 minute ago, CptMinia said:

That post is almost 2 months old and having just checked, world of warships still does not officially support Mac OSX Catalina. The wrapper as I said is made by a third-party company, which is CodeWeavers. So really, you're just confirming what I've already said...

Sorry, i might have come as too aggressive.

Edited my post.

But you are right: WG want nothing to do with Macs, so they are misleading people (whether intentionally or not I don't know) into believing WGC/WoWS are not compatible with Catalina, but they are.

Or WERE, until today (cur my edited post)

Meanwhile, Wine is not yet fully compatible with 64-bit Catalina, so Aslain's mods (which worked with the combo 0.8.9/High Sierra) do not work with 0.8.10 (and 0.8.11) and Catalina

it's a hard life, for a Mac user...

Cheers

[RBMF]
1,025 posts
7,656 battles
Just now, soffici said:

Sorry, i might have come as too aggressive.

Edited my post.

But you are right: WG want nothing to do with Macs, so they are misleading people (whether intentionally or not I don't know) into believing WGC/WoWS are not compatible with Catalina, but they are.

Or WERE, until today (cur my edited post)

Meanwhile, Wine is not yet fully compatible with 64-bit Catalina, so Aslain's mods (which worked with the combo 0.8.9/High Sierra) do not work with 0.8.10 (and 0.8.11) and Catalina

it's a hard life, for a Mac user...

Cheers

Hiya,

thanks for clearing that up. And well yes, IOS computers back in the day were not designed for videogames so obviously the videogame marketshare belonged primarily to computers that could run DOS and later microsoft windows when it became the primary operating system in the 90s. Apple missed a huge opportunity to say the least, but then again they hold a strong reputation in computer rendering, digital art, modeling, video editing etc. If you need a computer for professional creativity, Apple is a great way to go. But obviously there is a price to pay for that luxury. 

I don't hold any exclusive feelings towards Apple, but it is not my cup of tea. 

Regards,

Minia

Sign in to follow this